Long gun purchase out of state
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long gun purchase out of state

Long gun purchase out of state

If I want to buy a rifle or shotgun in NH and bring it back to register in assachusetts, what do I need to show for paper work? Is there a waiting period?
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

3. Careful though about buying out of state and bringing it to Assholechusetts.
    I live there and you have to check to see if the guns is allowed in the state first. If it is, you need to have it shipped to a qualified gun dealer.

No, not shipping it. Going and getting it and driving it home. I'm not worried about the assachusetts end, I'm asking what form of ID is required to purchase a long gun in NH. Only pistols are not allowed to be brought into MA from another state directly.

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    No, not shipping it. Going and getting it and driving it home. I'm not worried about the assachusetts end, I'm asking what form of ID is required to purchase a long gun in NH. Only pistols are not allowed to be brought into MA from another state directly.
    I was thinking along the same lines. Frock this state...

I have my eye on a gently used Browning A-500 at my local haunt. It would be a face to face w/ no tax so I'm gonna see if the owner is willing to negotiate. If that falls through I'd like to do the same and shop over the border tax free..

Let em know what you find out... I'll ask a source I know in NH...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

6. Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    They will ask for your DL for information to process the transfer form.

You must show your FID, the firearm your looking to buy must be a MA compliant firearm and you must show your DL that must have your home address (NO PO BOX address).

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

That's what I thought S&W.

Same as in Maine. But the fact that they hand you the gun over the counter, they have to assume that you are taking the gun home. However, I've talked with FFL holders here in Ma who say people buy non MA compliant black guns and risk bringing them here. The MA law says we have 7 days after purchase to register them here.

Some FFL's in Maine will take your word for it that you are not taking the gun back to MA. However, if it's a MA compliant gun, there's no reason for not taking it back and registering it/ perfectly legal. (Not for hand guns though, they must be shipped to a MA FFL)

This opens yet another can of worms. I take my MA guns to Maine to hunt all the time. What's to stop me from KEEPING a new gun I purchase in NH in Maine, and bringing it here to MA during hunting season then returning it to Maine? Why should I have to register it here? Awfully presumptuous of assachusetts, like the world revolves around them.

That's what I thought S&W.

Same as in Maine. But the fact that they hand you the gun over the counter, they have to assume that you are taking the gun home. However, I've talked with FFL holders here in Ma who say people buy non MA compliant black guns and risk bringing them here. The MA law says we have 7 days after purchase to register them here.

Some FFL's in Maine will take your word for it that you are not taking the gun back to MA. However, if it's a MA compliant gun, there's no reason for not taking it back and registering it/ perfectly legal. (Not for hand guns though, they must be shipped to a MA FFL)

This opens yet another can of worms. I take my MA guns to Maine to hunt all the time. What's to stop me from KEEPING a new gun I purchase in NH in Maine, and bringing it here to MA during hunting season then returning it to Maine? Why should I have to register it here? Awfully presumptuous of assachusetts, like the world revolves around them.
    You could do that. But from what I hear MA is full of rat's(Anti gun) who will jump at the chance to report what they think is not a legal firearm. Plus you run the risk of fish and game just happening to show up in the woods and or stopping you on the way out. I'm all for peoples rights but in a state that arrests you for owning to much ammo or for not having a permit for pepper spray. I would not want to risk the jail/prison time! I can see the headlines now "Life in Prison for MA man who smuggled in illegal black rifle"

Ya I hear ya. But lets just say, what if... Say I bought an old Parker dbbl brl 12 Ga in NH and left it in Maine for two years hanging over the mantle, then decided to go quail hunting in MA and brought it home for a few weeks to hunt. I don't think MA has the right to tell us where we have to keep and register our guns, much the same as I could buy a boat in NH, keep it registered in Maine, and decide to bring it home for the 4th to go up the Charles. I think this is a BS law.

Ya I hear ya. But lets just say, what if... Say I bought an old Parker dbbl brl 12 Ga in NH and left it in Maine for two years hanging over the mantle, then decided to go quail hunting in MA and brought it home for a few weeks to hunt. I don't think MA has the right to tell us where we have to keep and register our guns, much the same as I could buy a boat in NH, keep it registered in Maine, and decide to bring it home for the 4th to go up the Charles. I think this is a BS law.
    I find it down right shameful that the state started the war that founded our great country. Is so ass backward now and the ass-hats that ****** things up still feel the need to pass more laws. They should be grateful we can no longer send them packing on a donkey covered in tar and feathers. Because if this was still the 1700's they would have already been gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast