Do I need a New Hampshire Non Resident Concealed Carry Permit?

Thread: Do I need a New Hampshire Non Resident Concealed Carry Permit?

Question Do I need a New Hampshire Non Resident Concealed Carry Permit?

I have a Florida resident CWL which is recognized in NH. Do I need to get a NH Non Resident permit to carry in NH? This is probably a simple question but I haven't found an answer that makes me feel comfortable. Thanks for the help.

Technically, no, but I don't know how the Federal "Gun Free school zone" law would effect you in New Hampshire with not having a New Hampshire permit. I may seem too careful here, but there appears to be an implication that having the permit from your home state exempts you from that law in that state, whereas a non-resident permit would not. There a few current, if not recent, threads worth looking into here in the subject.

If you have the $100, it might be worth it to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobyoung1 View Post
    I have a Florida resident CWL which is recognized in NH. Do I need to get a NH Non Resident permit to carry in NH? This is probably a simple question but I haven't found an answer that makes me feel comfortable. Thanks for the help.
    No you do not need a NH permit. If you had a none resident permit then you would need a NH permit(unless you held another state permit that NH honors). When in doubt you can always open carry.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

It's a personal choice. I personally recommend to get and maintain as many permits as you.can afford. Laws are constantly changing, so what may be valid now may not be valid later on when you travel. JMHO

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

6. Your FL CCW is good here. Check Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps For all the states that honnor your ccw.NH