Competing Bills Would End Concealed Weapon License Requirement - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Competing Bills Would End Concealed Weapon License Requirement

Quote Originally Posted by Jets-Fan in Patriots Land View Post
    Best of luck with that, I really do hope you can make a change. I'm usually not one to back down from a fight, but as you can see from your conversation it most likely would not have gone well for me. In the political boys club that is the network of lawyers word travels fast. I'm just not willing to jeopardize my wife's carrier over something this small,
    because quite honestly I don't care about not being able to carry into the court house anyway.
    With the lack of knowledge of the laws by the court house security who's to say that when I tell them I have a firearm on my person, and I plan on handing it over to them I don't end up kissing the carpet. Granted I might get a settlement out of it if something like that happened but why bother?
    Plus knowing there are other people out there that can challenge this without putting my family in the middle makes it easier for me to sit back and watch.
    Nor do I. Will I ever have a need to carry into a court house? More then likely not. It's the principle of the thing more then anything. The law is the law, you nor I wrote it we are just told to follow it. I cant stand by and watch while they try and circumvent the law with some back door policy.

You let them do it once on a issue you could careless about, the next thing you know they get the idea this kind of thing is ok. Were would it stop? Issues we do care about would start to fall to this same backdoor style of doing things.

If you don't like the laws VOTE! Push to have the laws changed, don't just decide not to follow them.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I called the lawyer today and had a nice chat with her. We would not be sueing. All I want to do is overturn the policy not sue the courts. She said what we would do is get a hearing to overturn the policy.

I'm going to get a copy of the policy and send it to her and go from there. She said it's 200 dollars an hour. But if a group of people got together it could be split up.

We shall see what happens.

Looks like a step in the right direction. Even if the Gov. veto's bill there should be enough votes to override it.
    NH lawmakers approve expanding deadly force law - Boston.com

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Some 70 year old guy came on and told me how it worked. He said you just bring it in and hand it to them. Then he said something that shocked me! He said to get it back you have to pass a BC (background check) they also run the firearm to make sure it's not stolen. They also run a check to see if you have any PO's (Protective orders) or any other orders placed on you.
    If they run a NICS check, that is illegal per case law filled by E.F. Nappen:

For more information:
    NEWS - E.F. Nappen Attorney at Law, PC

Quote Originally Posted by imrambi View Post
    If they run a NICS check, that is illegal per case law filled by E.F. Nappen:

For more information:
    NEWS - E.F. Nappen Attorney at Law, PC
    They run a NCIC and Triple I check on you.

So we are moving ahead with a Right to Know Suit,so that this information will be available to the public. I'll keep you posted.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234