Competing Bills Would End Concealed Weapon License Requirement
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Competing Bills Would End Concealed Weapon License Requirement

Exclamation Competing Bills Would End Concealed Weapon License Requirement

CONCORD, N.H. -- Competing bills have been filed to eliminate New Hampshire's license requirement for carrying concealed weapons.

The two bills are splitting the pro-gun community, with some lining up behind state Rep. J.R. Hoell, R-Dunbarton, and others behind state Rep. Jennifer Coffey, R-Andover.

House Speaker William O'Brien, House Republican Leader D.J. Bettencourt, Senate Republican Leader Jeb Bradley and others who back Coffey's bill said it is not as extreme as Hoell's bill.

Hoell said his bill deserves a hearing.

I will keep this updated as more comes in.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

3. And exactly which bills are these? Links would be nice. What other bill besides HB 0536?

Quote Originally Posted by nhsig220 View Post
    And exactly which bills are these? Links would be nice. What other bill besides HB 0536?
    It did not state the bills them selfs. I will call the reps and try and get the bill numbers.

5. Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    It did not state the bills them selfs. I will call the reps and try and get the bill numbers.
    Here they are:

HB 0330

HB 0536

I dont know about you guys but I feel HB 0330 is a step in the right direction. I do think that hb 0536 takes it too far with allowing weapons in Court. My wife works for the Superior Court and I don't want some [email protected]$$ who is pissed off about his sentence to go off the deep end with his 15th owner Glock. I carry almost everywhere I go, but I leave my sidearm in the truck when I visit my wife at her job and I am fine with that.

On a side note, I am a full time student and would love to be able to carry at school. Currently I park off campus and lock up my CZ in my truck when going to class. All schools that are part of the UNH system bans the possession of fire arms in all campus buildings, grounds or parking lots.
    Last edited by Jets-Fan in Patriots Land; 02-08-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: additional thought

7. The way I read both bills we will still be able to get a permit if requested, right? My concern is that I still have a permit to show when I travel to States that reciprocate with NH

Quote Originally Posted by Jets-Fan in Patriots Land View Post
    I dont know about you guys but I feel HB 0330 is a step in the right direction. I do think that hb 0536 takes it too far with allowing weapons in Court. My wife works for the Superior Court and I don't want some [email protected]$$ who is pissed off about his sentence to go off the deep end with his 15th owner Glock. I carry almost everywhere I go, but I leave my sidearm in the truck when I visit my wife at her job and I am fine with that.

On a side note, I am a full time student and would love to be able to carry at school. Currently I park off campus and lock up my CZ in my truck when going to class. All schools that are part of the UNH system bans the possession of fire arms in all campus buildings, grounds or parking lots.
    Nothing stopping them from going off the deep end as it is. As for the no firearms in the parking lot I say out of sight, out of mind. If they can't see it they don't know it's there. My wife goes to Granite State College and when she has to park in the lot she just leaves it locked in the glove box or gun safe. In the summer time she just parks on the street right in front of the college and they have no say over it.

I think not needing a permit to carry concealed or in a automobile is outstanding! When I go to Vermont it's nice to not have to worry about if I have a permit or not. Now is the time to pass something like this so we had better pick something we can live with. Even if Lynch vetos it they have the numbers to over ride his veto.

Here is an update on the the 3 bills. Looks like the committee has recommended HB 330 for vote, is going to hold off on voting on HB 536 until next year and and did not recommend HB 378.
    House panel OKs unlicensed carry bill - Thursday, Mar. 10, 2011

Here is an update on the the 3 bills. Looks like the committee has recommended HB 330 for vote, is going to hold off on voting on HB 536 until next year and and did not recommend HB 378.
    As everyone knew they would. The pin head in office in Concord is powerless to stop it. We have the numbers to override his power of veto LOL. We will have a few good years, till the Dems regain numbers and or take over again. Then they will try and overturn the laws, at such time we will be back in the same place we are now.

I always marvel at how the liberal media makes us think mayhem will ensue from folk carrying legally.

Dishonest folk will continue to carry illegally regardless of what laws are in effect. Passing a law such as this will give them a opportunity to wonder if that next person they are going to rob is carrying a gun.
    Glock 23 Gen 4 / Glock 30SF Gen3 .45 ACP / Glock 33 Gen3 .356 Sig / Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP / Interarms Stainless Steel PPK .380

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast