New Hampshire Non Resident Permit - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: New Hampshire Non Resident Permit

  1. Quote Originally Posted by zeebea View Post
    I was just trying to inform fellow members that it apparently is not 14 days for a non resident permit in NH.
    The law is 14 days, no matter who or where you are. Makes no difference resident or non-resident.


    I want my element of surprise and don't want to be the primary target of a BG.
    Ah, so this is the boat you travel in. Gotta love it! LOL

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebea View Post
    I was just trying to inform fellow members that it apparently is not 14 days for a non resident permit in NH. I know for a fact that they had my application on 15 APR 11 because the check I sent them was processed through my bank. That is the date I started to count the days. I contacted them on 13 MAY 11 that is 29 days, according to my math 29 is more than 14 and they had just sent out the reference letters. Those showed up on 14 and 16 MAY and all three were faxed back to them on the 17th. I am not a permit collector, I have a brother that recently moved to NH so I will be traveling to that state. I also have a permit application in for FL as my inlaws have a place there and we travel to NC too.I was going to get a Utah license but I dont ever see me traveling to the one state FL doesn't cover that Utah does which is MN. Like I said it just sucks, and if any of you are planning to cary concealed in NH, just plan on more than a month to get it. I myself do not want to or feel it is a good idea to carry open. I want my element of surprise and don't want to be the primary target of a BG. I don't have a problem with open carry for people who want to do it, it is just not my thing. I will lete you know when it is in.
    Again per NH state law they have 14 days from the time they RECEIVE the permit application, the 14 days does not start when they cash your check. So it's more then 29 days in reality. I'm glade you don't have a problem with OC because people do it all the time in NH.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by nhsig220 View Post
    The law is 14 days, no matter who or where you are. Makes no difference resident or non-resident.




    Ah, so this is the boat you travel in. Gotta love it! LOL

    Only one documented case of a OCer being attacked, it was not by a BG but some wacko who was off his medication. I do so love all the talk of "First target for a BG" "followed home and attacked" "Mugged for my firearm" etc....

    Just come out and say how you really feel about a subject, don't try and hide behind facts that just are not there as a reason for not doing something.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Just come out and say how you really feel about a subject, don't try and hide behind facts that just are not there as a reason for not doing something.
    Are you asking him to actually use logic?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Only one documented case of a OCer being attacked, it was not by a BG but some wacko who was off his medication. I do so love all the talk of "First target for a BG" "followed home and attacked" "Mugged for my firearm" etc....

    Just come out and say how you really feel about a subject, don't try and hide behind facts that just are not there as a reason for not doing something.
    And what really ticks me off is, instructors spout this stuff. They may not believe in OC, but do not teach your misguided beliefs to your students. Stick to the facts.

  7. #16
    Why would a BG risk being shot while mugging you for your firearm, when they could just as easily steal one in a B&E or buy one for 5 dollars off the street?

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  8. #17
    Really!! Do you read what is written? This whole thing was to inform you of MY NH ltc time frame. Nothing else. I could care less about certified mail. It's been over 30 days. That's all I was doing was informing you and venting. As for me against oc or conceiled...I don't care how you carry.... I have done both, oc when I was a bit younger, but it is just not my thing. I am a member here because I carry ,not because I don't want people to carry! Among other obvious reasons. The oc reason is not that someone is going to rob me for my weapon, the scenario is more like this.....someone bent on killing people walks into say McDonald's, (remember he is not looking for guns to steal) he casually walks around checking out all the people. You being and oc is eating your bigmac being all that. BG sees your 88 magnum and decides you are the lucky start for his slaughter. I on the other hand have mine conceiled. After I see your brains splattered all over the place I can now rely on a bit of surprise to possibly survive this encounter. Thars it, no hidden agenda, nothing else. I carry every single day, and wish more gg did. I just hide it for a tactical advantage. Nothing to examine, I am more 2nd amendment and constitutionalist than most. NEVER accuse me of anything less!!

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebea View Post
    Really!! Do you read what is written? This whole thing was to inform you of MY NH ltc time frame. Nothing else. I could care less about certified mail. It's been over 30 days. That's all I was doing was informing you and venting. As for me against oc or conceiled...I don't care how you carry.... I have done both, oc when I was a bit younger, but it is just not my thing. I am a member here because I carry ,not because I don't want people to carry! Among other obvious reasons. The oc reason is not that someone is going to rob me for my weapon, the scenario is more like this.....someone bent on killing people walks into say McDonald's, (remember he is not looking for guns to steal) he casually walks around checking out all the people. You being and oc is eating your bigmac being all that. BG sees your 88 magnum and decides you are the lucky start for his slaughter. I on the other hand have mine conceiled. After I see your brains splattered all over the place I can now rely on a bit of surprise to possibly survive this encounter. Thars it, no hidden agenda, nothing else. I carry every single day, and wish more gg did. I just hide it for a tactical advantage. Nothing to examine, I am more 2nd amendment and constitutionalist than most. NEVER accuse me of anything less!!
    Yet another statement that has no documented proof to give it any kind of weight,but keep trying to proof your point and while your at it turn water into wine.

    If you choose not to take the advise on how to send in the permit application that is your choice, when it comes to the state it's all what you can proof, not what you think you can proof.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  10. #19
    Go back to sleep please.

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebea View Post
    Go back to sleep please.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast