New Hampshire Non Resident Permit - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: New Hampshire Non Resident Permit

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    LOL, what do you expect from a person from MA, they can't stand it when people use logic!

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    LOL, what do you expect from a person from MA, they can't stand it when people use logic!
    That is because they do not understand it. It is something that has never been used there. It's not permitted. LOL

  4. #23
    Mailed mine in February and received my license in March. No problem whatsoever, not sure why yours is taking so long.

  5. #24
    OK, I guess because I am from MA I don't know how to apply for a NH non resident pistol permit. So please inform me of the correct way. Here is what I did on mine.

    1) Filled out the application (I did fill it out correctly if you need proof)
    2) Sent in said application and started to wait for my permit to arrive. (I have proof of when my check was cashed, and thats when I started counting the days) I am pretty sure that when my check got cashed, that would prove to a reasonable person that NH did indeed recieve my application, and has indeed taken more than 14 days to process said application as I have yet to get NH pistol permit.
    3) Had my references fax back the reference paper sent from NH( this was on around day thirty) I think this is where my logic was lost. I did go to public school so 14 may indeed be more than 30.
    4) Was told logic was needed for this so I would like, am asking nicely for some logic advice.

    Please with all your wisdom, without being a jerk, tell me what you would do different? I am a bit confused with all the negative comments. Remember to read above before replying.

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by nhsig220 View Post
    That is because they do not understand it. It is something that has never been used there. It's not permitted. LOL
    Oh so vary true my friend!

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebea View Post
    OK, I guess because I am from MA I don't know how to apply for a NH non resident pistol permit. So please inform me of the correct way. Here is what I did on mine.

    1) Filled out the application (I did fill it out correctly if you need proof)
    2) Sent in said application and started to wait for my permit to arrive. (I have proof of when my check was cashed, and thats when I started counting the days) I am pretty sure that when my check got cashed, that would prove to a reasonable person that NH did indeed recieve my application, and has indeed taken more than 14 days to process said application as I have yet to get NH pistol permit.
    3) Had my references fax back the reference paper sent from NH( this was on around day thirty) I think this is where my logic was lost. I did go to public school so 14 may indeed be more than 30.
    4) Was told logic was needed for this so I would like, am asking nicely for some logic advice.

    Please with all your wisdom, without being a jerk, tell me what you would do different? I am a bit confused with all the negative comments. Remember to read above before replying.
    What you keep failing to understand is, the 14 days does not start when they CASH THE CHECK! The 14 days starts from the time the receive your permit application. This is why sending it via certified mail is a must, so when they sign for the letter you get documented proof of the date they got the application.

    The state knows there is not much the average citizen can do about it should they take more then 14 days. This is why they don't care about taking more time. They look at the 14 maximum more as a guide line and not a LAW.

    On the flip side, if I applied for a MA non-resident permit I would have to jump through more hoops and wait longer then you are for a NH permit. I would also have to deal with the Class B and A ********.

    It also does not matter that you hold a class A permit in MA, that does not bump you to the head of the line.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by nhsig220 View Post
    That is because they do not understand it. It is something that has never been used there. It's not permitted. LOL
    It requires a "right to think" permit which are issued about as often as CCW permits in HI.

  9. #28
    What u keep missing here is that I sent the check that they cashed in the same envelope as the application. The fact that they cashed my check proves they received my application. They had to unfold the application to get the check. I'm not sure where I keep losing you here? Tbe fact still remains it is taking a long #$%&*#$ time. So again, just to inform, it may indeed take more than 14 days to process. I never said because I had a class a in ma would move me up any list, just that I was not a criminal and already have a permit in another state so there should be no real obstacle. Just extra info is all it was for. My wife took the class here in ma, made her appointment at our pd, met with them got fingerprinted, had pd send everything to the FBI and she got hers last week. She did all this the week after I mailed mine to NH.

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebea View Post
    What u keep missing here is that I sent the check that they cashed in the same envelope as the application. The fact that they cashed my check proves they received my application. They had to unfold the application to get the check. I'm not sure where I keep losing you here? Tbe fact still remains it is taking a long #$%&*#$ time. So again, just to inform, it may indeed take more than 14 days to process. I never said because I had a class a in ma would move me up any list, just that I was not a criminal and already have a permit in another state so there should be no real obstacle. Just extra info is all it was for. My wife took the class here in ma, made her appointment at our pd, met with them got fingerprinted, had pd send everything to the FBI and she got hers last week. She did all this the week after I mailed mine to NH.
    Bottom line is your going to get the permit so stop crying! If I sent in an application to MA it would take even longer to get your anti everything state to move my application through your system. Then I would still have to deal with the Class A and B crap. I would have to plead my case for a permit to a detective who would then decide what I should receive for a permit based on what he thinks.

    Thank your stars our state is not a Commie state such as MA, your permit is based on the facts and not one persons personal feelings as to what permit class you should be awarded.

    Should also be thankful we even give non-resident permits out, other wise you would only be able to OC while in NH. But seeing as how you get mugged for your firearm when you OC, you would not carry at while in NH.

    I again fail to see what your point is with your wife's permit? She applied for a resident permit at her local PD, those always move faster then non-resident permits from other states.

    NH starts working on your permit before your check is even cashed, if for some reason they find your unfit to carry concealed they mail the check back along with a denial letter.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  11. #30
    Did you mail in a copy of your MA LTC with your application to NH?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast