Update: NH Non-Resident License Processing Time - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update: NH Non-Resident License Processing Time

Better be careful what you wish for, they may just modify the law to make the issue time 6 months or more. I'd simply be patient, and get a class of people together in the meantime. Find an attorney who will be able to file the lawsuit as a "class action" and be sure that they cannot change the law to some unreasonable turn around time above and beyond the current 14 days.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I just received my nonresident after ~10 weeks, 5 weeks after the check cleared. I think that part of the holdup was a mix up on the spelling of my last name.

I called after 8 weeks and they couldn't find my file until I told them how to spell my name. After she found it, I was told that it had been reviewed and there were no comments attached. She said I would receive it in the mail after their next printing, which would be in 1-2 weeks. She was spot on.

What suprised me was that I received the card in an envelope with no other documentation. No details about the priveledges attained with the license, applicable laws, or any other detail. It doesn't bother me, but is somewhat suprising.

I am a NYS Resident license holder.
    Last edited by willyNH; 07-14-2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Spelling. I think I corrected everything.

4. Quote Originally Posted by willyNY View Post
    I just received my nonresident after ~10 weeks, 5 weeks after the check cleared. I think that part of the holdup was a mix up on the spelling of my last name.

I called after 8 weeks and they couldn't find my file until I told them how to spell my name. After she found it, I was told that it had been reviewed and there were no comments attached. She said I would receive it in the mail after their next printing, which would be in 1-2 weeks. She was spot on.

What suprised me was that I received the card in an envelope with no other documentation. No details about the priveledges attained with the license, applicable laws, or any other detail. It doesn't bother me, but is somewhat suprising.

I am a NYS Resident license holder.
    Can you list what phone number you used? The only one that I have been able to find only takes messages, I've never been able to reach a real person. I'm at about that 10 week mark, too.

Thanks!

I called 603-271-3575 and left a message. On the message, I repeated all important information twice. Spelled my last name, told them the date I mailed the application, the date the check cleared my account, and my phone number 2 or 3 times. I got a phone call ~3 hours later that same day, and the woman I spoke with was very friendly and helpful.

Best of luck.

6. Thanks Willy!

My record is spotless and it still took two months. That tells me they must be backed up, otherwise it would have come sooner. If "I didn't care" or "really didn't need the permit", I wouldn't be calling. With all the calls they get from people asking when their license is coming can be another reason why it takes so long. For the ones who "do care", we travel through MA. for business/pleasure and need a LTC. We got all our documents together and waited. Yeh it sucked having to leave my weapon home when I left for work in MA., but I got mine now and I'm good for one year. Hopefully when I go to renew it next year it will be less paperwork. Having to wait for your Non-res LTC is minor. PLEASE be patient and don't make things harder for the ones who "do care" to get their LTC. "What's Right" is being SMART.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Gee, talk about "spoke to soon"! Check out Mass., says Duvall wants to increase $ for residents; non; and dealers!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

You talking about a MASS permit? Or a NH one? As i put my paper work in last Friday and they said it will be back this week. My department has about a week turn around time. Idk why or how they do it and get it back so fast from concord but it's nice.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

When You say "they", do you mean MA. or NH?

LOL, i was thinking they where talking about a NH permit for instate not out of state. As thats what i was talking about i miss read the title of the topic my bad. It's in the NH forum so i was thinking it was NH.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast