New Hampshire non resident permit processing time now 7 weeks - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire non resident permit processing time now 7 weeks

I Just filled out my Application and, excuse my ignorence From what I seen You do Not need an Photo or Finger print card Is This Correct Thank You For Understanding

Nope, you dont need a fingerprint card or a photo. Just a copy of a valid permit from another state.
    - NH (Resident), FL (NR), ME (NR), PA (NR), CT (NR), AZ (NR) PERMIT HOLDER
    (I travel to those states frequently for various reasons)
    http://gunfacts.info/

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    I Just filled out my Application and, excuse my ignorence From what I seen You do Not need an Photo or Finger print card Is This Correct Thank You For Understanding
    Also, you need an unrestricted NY permit. I believe you can obtain a NH concealed license with a PA license to carry firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Sights on Target View Post
    Also, you need an unrestricted NY permit. I believe you can obtain a NH concealed license with a PA license to carry firearms.

Not sure about the unrestricted requirement...but yes...you can submit a copy of your license issued from any state...

A non-resident pistol permit will not be issued unless you supply:
    1) A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry permit issued by the state, county, or town in which you
    reside, or a valid concealed permit issued by any other state.

Going back to the original post, processing time is approximately 7-10 days from mailbox to mailbox... my father filled out his and got it 7 days later in the mail.
    - NH (Resident), FL (NR), ME (NR), PA (NR), CT (NR), AZ (NR) PERMIT HOLDER
    (I travel to those states frequently for various reasons)
    http://gunfacts.info/

Mailed application July 1, received permit July 17. Not bad!

8. I just called to see if the refferences needed to be from NH and was told by the very nice woman that they could be from any state then I asked about turn around time and she told me 2-3 weeks so off it went in the mail but by whats posted here it might be sooner. Non Resident.

Several states have asked me for references over the past two years that I have been collecting CCW permits. So far, no state has contacted a reference to my knowledge.

10. Quote Originally Posted by wagntwister View Post
    I just called to see if the refferences needed to be from NH and was told by the very nice woman that they could be from any state then I asked about turn around time and she told me 2-3 weeks so off it went in the mail but by whats posted here it might be sooner. Non Resident.

Came in the mail today. Not bad mailed 8/18 check cashed 8/24.

Thumbs down Why does it take so long?

Why does it take so long? All NH does is verify that you have a permit from your home state and run a NICS check from what I understand. That can all be done in two days. The slow link in the process should actually be the post office, if everything is working correctly.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast