NH none Resident Permint Set to go up. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NH none Resident Permint Set to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    What they don't realize that as they raise the applicaton fees, the number of applicants will dramatically decrease. They won't make as much money as they think they will.
    They probably could get away with $40 every four years, but $100? That's a bit outrageous. Unfortunately some of us will pay it. Since I renewed my NH last October, I'll probably take my SIG-Sauer Academy classes during the term of my current NH then let it lapse. I'm going to be composing an e-mail to the legislature. What would be reasonable would be $40 and removing the requirement that only out of State CCWs issued to residents be honored.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Good luck. You may have some pull if you lived in the state but i don't see it doing much good for a out of starter to write a letter as you cant vote for them. So they will just blow you off. **** they blow the natives off half the time. 100 really is not that bad for four years. Look at FL they have 100 fee. As the new state budget was just passed last night i would get ready for the new fee. I will keep a eye out for everyone and let you know.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive1 View Post
    Thanks, I'll have to take a look at UT. I actually plan to go out there in the next two years for some off roading. While the NH is only for the reciprocity states....I have no actual intention of going there.
    Why not whats wrong with NH.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Good luck. You may have some pull if you lived in the state but i don't see it doing much good for a out of starter to write a letter as you cant vote for them. So they will just blow you off. **** they blow the natives off half the time. 100 really is not that bad for four years. Look at FL they have 100 fee. As the new state budget was just passed last night i would get ready for the new fee. I will keep a eye out for everyone and let you know.
    Florida has a seven year license term which makes it about $15.29 a year.

What happened to the Live Free or Die motto of your State? Is it now Live Expensive or Die? If you let this pass, what are they going to do next?
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

I think the citizens of NH allowing non-residents to get thrown under the bus this legislative session is a good reason for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    What will be part of the solution would be if NH started honoring non-resident CCWs. If they did, I wouldn't need a NH license.
    Any idea why those couple of states even have that rule? I can't think of a good reason, myself.

And holy crow, 6 other permits, and an instructor in 3 states, I'd say you've proven yourself as worthy to carry in NH. Pretty sad that all I had to do was fill out an app. and pay $25, and my PA permit lets me carry there.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Florida has a seven year license term which makes it about $15.29 a year.

What happened to the Live Free or Die motto of your State? Is it now Live Expensive or Die? If you let this pass, what are they going to do next?

Oh trust me it is live free and die. We take that to the heart here. But we are already fighting on all fronts here on so many things. We just shoot down another attempt to pass a seat belt law in our great state. Now if they did pass it and have a seat belt law the state could get the funds for road work. But people in our state want the right to choose for them self's if they want to wear one or not. Shot down a Helmet law and so on and so on. As for us letting the suits throw the out of starters under the bus as i said we can only do so much. For the most part only a small part of NH uses it's right to carry and has any idea about the permits. It's not something that will see a down fall of income to company's and store fronts so no one really cares. As for letting them pass it. It was not something that came out for a vote it was something added to a state budget it was not in the news or on any of the forums. I only found out about it two days ago from the state police. Them passing it ( they have not yet as far as i know) would not affect in state permits as again the state does not handle them. The local towns/city's do and the ten dollars covers the background and other checks. Out side of the town/city that issued you the permit no other law enforcement department even knows you have a permit you have to tell them ( if you choose to) Running your name brings nothing up it's only in that local system. If you choose not to come to NH because of them raising a fee on permits. So be it but that's a shitty reason lol.

Didn't mean that in a bad way, but unless there is family, 4 wheeling, or an appraisal course I need I don't usual go. Maybe I'll have a reason some day.
    SC CWP
    Kimber Ultra II
    Taurus PT1911 ALR

Yep, just read it in the paper. I would still take the $100. for 4 yrs. as a Non-Res. than having to deal with $100. for 1 year for Non-Res. MA.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Yeah it passed a few days ago when they passed the new state budget. He just signed it like today. So i would give it a week or so then call the state police ( they may start it sooner) More income for the state. more money for them to hire more people. If you don't want to spend that then just open carry IT"S LEGAL IN NH. Only thing you cant do is carry in a car with out a permit. but if you want to carry concealed then your going to have to pay the fee. Even if you have a Non resident permit from a state on the "So called accepted list" NH really only honors resident permits from those states. Funny thing is we just had a case in court. Guy got arrested for carrying concealed "two handguns and he also had on body armor" He was arrested for carrying with out a permit even though he did hold a VA Non resident permit. he was also arrested for operating a vehicle with out proper paper work among other things. . Now behind closed doors a deal was made to drop all the gun charges. He has yet to get his guns back as the police department wants him to fill out back ground check paper work so they can run a search on him to see if they will turn his guns back over to him. No he is not a felon. But if you feel like being the next case study on NH law carry concealed with a out of state non resident permit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast