It's here after all the waiting and set backs. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's here after all the waiting and set backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Speaking as a former LEO, I would really consider leaving those handcuffs at home. If, heaven forbid, you do have to use your firearm to protect your self or, more importantly, someone else, you do not want anything that would paint you as a cop wannabe. Trust me; those handcuffs are going to scream wanna-be copper (read:vigilante) to the prosecuting DA.
    Yeah the handcuffs I just added to the photo because they are in the same lock box I don't carry them with me. They stay at home they are in case I need to restrain someone till the police get there. I got them many years ago when i was a kid at a yard sale. I used them to play around with and to learn how to pick the handcuff locks with hair pins and other objects they where my play toy when i was younger.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Sorry you had such trouble with your baby girl, but it is good to hear that she is alright. It is also nice to know that Papa can watch over his family even better now that he is properly armed!

I thought about you last weekend because I went up to Gorham for a couple of days for a wedding. Beautiful country! I also bought the best wedding gift at the reception: a twelve gauge HD shotgun! I actually waited to purchase it in New Hampshire, and I really like the store where I picked it up. Have you been to the Village Gun Store in Whitefield? Very nice couple running the place, both are very knowledgeable, and their prices were (to my CT accustomed eyes) very nice.

The only issue that I had was that I couldn't find anywhere to shoot!!!

Incidentally, I think that we need to plan our New England branch picnic for USACarry up in your neck of the woods for next spring/summer.
    Whitefield is only 2 hours away from Exeter,NH where the Sig arms academy is. Yeah the picnic just did not pan out this year in NH or FL maybe next year. I was talking to Luke about making it the usacarry fast and getting some music and other stuff at it. We will see what happens with that.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    Nice Gear! I guess from what I read on here, the leather will eventually stretch out, right? Maybe that's why the mag's aren't held in very snuggly?
    Prayer/s sent out to your Daughter and Family. Hope All goes well with Her. Last time I was at Dartmouth was 8 years ago. When our girl was born, they flew Her there because they said she had an enlarged heart. Scared the **** out of my Wife and I. It was only a shadow from the xray image.
    My nephew is studying for Xray Tech in Lowell. He said there are bucks in that field too. Anything with Hospitals seem like the place to go that is secure. I'm just doing home projects around here while my Back is still intact..lol. Little at a time is all I can do. Work is slow but enough to keep busy. Lunch is over, time to go..............................
    Yeah right now the car thing is killing me and the body.. They both dig into my side and make my side go numb after a while or they start to make my back hurt. I'M trying to find the sweet spot but my back up idea is buying some yellow foam cutting it and sticking it on my sides when in the car and then removing it when i get out. They do not bug me when I'M out of the car just when I'M sitting in the car. I can sit at home and they do not dig in not really sure what the hell to do. The mag holder is doing better now that the mags are loaded with the max 15 rounds each seems to grip it somewhat better. Right now i carry the gun at about 3 o-clock and the mags at about 8 o-clock. Then i keep in the car my leatherman and my flashlight I was going to put the leatherman on my belt at about 6 o-clock but have yet to do it. The weight is fine only problem i find is the weight from the gun and mags seems to pull my pants down a little so I have to hike them back up.

I knew when i started to carry i would become a leaper and people would think I was a nut case but i had no idea it would be this bad. My sister and law thinks only cops should have guns and that I should only target practice if I hunt and should only own a gun if i hunt. Then the people who are not anti gun don't see why i would want to carry a gun in the first place. I feel as if I'm seen as the family nut case.

Like I said (and Lukem), "in time" you'll gradually see the kinds of equipment that will be comfortable on you. The car thing with the foam seems to me a little off the wall. If it works then go for it! Crossbreed and Kholster have what you need (and Your budget). I ordered one of these (will not say which one) and works Perfect when I sit in the vehicle or sit in a chair. I had the same problem you did, but after reading threads on the subject I decided to try it out. After awhile of wearing it over and over again so it conforms to a fit you'll never know you got it on. The one I got was for CCW and yes you can tuck your shirt in and no one even knows it's there. That's what You need so your Family members won't give you grief about your firearm if they don't see it. The whole purpose for Concealment is so no one can see it, right? One less argument/topic you won't have to listen too from them.....lol. Talk to ya later!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

LOL well no one sees it now. It's under a shirt and a vest when I"m out but I am thinking about a IWB holster because every time i get out of the car or bend down i have to pull the **** back down over it. The only time I know for sure someone saw it was walking into walmart with my oldest I had forgotten to pull the shirt down over it and the holster was showing. But the only person who saw it was one of the door greeters and he just looked at me and said nothing. As for the foam idea that was more so i can carry with out being in pain in the car. But after carrying more and more i think what i need is a OWB/IWB with a adjustable cant and everything will be fine. I find in the car if I push the holster forward it helps a lot and does not or dig in. So i may look into getting one.

Congrats on your new addition to the family!!!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Your littl avatar clip, where is that from..24? I keep watching it over and over again. Looks like the second guy gets four rounds in him.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    Your littl avatar clip, where is that from..24? I keep watching it over and over again. Looks like the second guy gets four rounds in him.
    It's from the 2004 movie collateral.. here is the clip.

YouTube - Collateral : Yo homie, is that my briefcase?

Yes, I remember it now.....homie.

So long story short I have been unable to carry the past few weeks due to a mistake on my end. As Most of you know I had been using a stiff belt from walmart till funds became available to buy a real gun belt to carry my gear on. Well I got the funds and ordered my self the 5.11 tactical operator belt with the perm stiff nylon insert. Unknown to be the belt is 1 3/4 and the custom leather OWB holster and double mag pouch do not fit on a belt that big. I heated up a knife and cut the belt loops on the mag pouch and made it so that it would fit. But the mag pouch never did hold my mags as tight as I would have liked so I took it off the belt. The holster has to be forced on to the belt and it's so tight that if you bump something the belt snaps come undone. So seeing as how i needed a new holster anyway I ordered a new double mag pouch. I ordered the Blade-Tech Millennium double mag pouch and the IWB Bobby Mcgee pro series nano IWB. I went with IWB because the OWB would always come uncovered when i bent down or picked up my kids. So I'm hoping the new gear will work out for me. Any of you have any blade tech gear? The one thing killing me now is the waiting time for my order to ship out. It's been four days as of today and it's still not shipped out and then i have to wait another five-seven days for it when it does ship.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast