Maybe someone cares about NJ?

Not much but it's a start:

NRA-ILA :: ?Right-to-Carry? Reform Bill Introduced in the Garden State

Has anybody called about this?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    Not much but it's a start:

NRA-ILA :: ?Right-to-Carry? Reform Bill Introduced in the Garden State

Has anybody called about this?
    A1384’s provisions are not very different than what is set in law presently but this bill would extend the term for which the permit to carry would remain valid, changing it from 2 to 5 years. Also, A1384 would nullify the current provision of the law requiring an applicant to demonstrate a “justifiable need” for a permit to the Superior Court.
    Changing from 'may issue' to 'shall issue' is a huge difference and an important one for those who wish to exercise their rights while obeying government restrictions.

Thanks for the link; I hope this bill becomes law in NJ.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Wow! That is a big deal. I thought everyone had given up on NY and NJ. I'm probably going to sign up for ANJRPC. I hope some other folks do to. It's a shame if folks don't keep the pressure up now. There's a lot going on at the state level these days.

This would be truly impressive for New Jersey if it were voted into law.

Is anyone on this thread a life member of ANJRPC?

Nope, sorry, don't care about New Jersey.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Hey Avidshooter, I guess we should add CA, NY, MA and DC to the list of places you don't care about, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
    Hey Avidshooter, I guess we should add CA, NY, MA and DC to the list of places you don't care about, correct?
    Actually I was joking but it didn't come across well when I reread my post. Sorry. Of course I care about all those places and the poor bastards that are stuck living there.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

LOL! I'm really new on these forums and I had fromulated a pretty snappy comeback, but then I read a bunch of your other posts and realized who I was dealing with! Would have been pretty funny having a guy like me saying to you "You know we kind of care about DC....Heller and all that and those other states have representatives that are trying to stomp us nationwide....blah blah"

What I'm looking for here is a life member of ANJRPC to become a life member of another state's org that I'm a life member of. If they do I'll become a life member of ANJRPC (kind of an exchange). That way both orgs get the money but the two of us look like four in the membership numbers.

I found someone to join WSRPA as soon as he verifies I'm actually joining NYSRPA (sending the check tonight). I'm going to do this unti I run out of funds for it. If we could get other folks to do the same, I think it would give us all more clout.

I could go for Texas. I was after NJ first though because they are hurting so bad there. How about this:
    If you join one of my orgs listed below, I'll join TSRA, but please promise to try to get some other pair of folks to carry this thread further and join each other's orgs. We're talking all life memberships here. People should already be lifers in the orgs they are having their partner join. I realize that limits the participants, but it would have the biggest impact.

How about it?

The state orgs I'm a member of are

Washington State Rfile and Pistol Club
    Illinois State Rfile Association
    California Rifle and Pistol Association
    Florida Sport Shooting Association

and now NY State Rifle and Pistol Association.

Thanks,

Mark
    Last edited by MarkJ; 02-20-2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: typos

Forgot....I'm a life member of Washington Arms Collectors also. They have great gun shows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast