NJ Shall-Issue Petition - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NJ Shall-Issue Petition

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    HUH assault? I miss something?
    In some of these "may-issue" (read, no-issue) states where there is a requirement to show a "proper need" to carry a gun, one of the qualifying "proper needs" is that you have been recently assaulted, mugged, etc. I have read a couple accounts (I don't remember where) of some MD residents who were granted permits after having been mugged.

What I was trying to say is that I'm not sure if that (being assaulted) would even be enough of a reason for NJ to issue a carry permit.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    In some of these "may-issue" (read, no-issue) states where there is a requirement to show a "proper need" to carry a gun, one of the qualifying "proper needs" is that you have been recently assaulted, mugged, etc. I have read a couple accounts (I don't remember where) of some MD residents who were granted permits after having been mugged.

What I was trying to say is that I'm not sure if that (being assaulted) would even be enough of a reason for NJ to issue a carry permit.
    And that's the reason we do carry. Waiting until it happens and surviving it qualifies you to be able to defend yourself now? God help the Jersey folks...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    And that's the reason we do carry. Waiting until it happens and surviving it qualifies you to be able to defend yourself now? God help the Jersey folks...

Peace...
    Yeah, I do have to laugh (to cover up the disgust) when I read such nonsense.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post

We know it's not enough in NYC so maybe not in NJ either.

I lived in New Jersey from 1954 to 2008 and watched firsthand the steady deterioration from libertarian, business friendly oasis to suburb of New York City. I plan never to return, but I would still like to see the state (and all states) become "shall issue." Unfortunately, New Jersey is so different from most of the rest of the country that I fear we're still far from the sea change necessary for gun rights to be realized.

The state's pro-gun "base" of blue-collar families has been fleeing for at least a decade, and the population drain will cost New Jersey an electoral vote in the 2012 election. The people who are moving in are mostly (1) professionals from India, Korea, and China, whose cultures and histories are not pro-gun, who do not come from a tradition of liberty, and who are interested mainly in the state's many pharmaceutical, research, financial, and educational jobs; and (2) Central Americans, mostly illegal, who either want to keep a low profile or simply carry guns regardless of what the law says.

So the Garden State has ever fewer citizens from hunting and self-defense traditions, and ever more academics, intellectuals, foreigners, New York liberals, "girlie men," and chronically poor city dwellers. The gun scales in New Jersey, contrary to those in most of the rest of the country, are actually tipping the wrong way.

I don't know it for a fact, but I strongly suspect that CCW licenses are available to New Jerseyans willing to cough up serious money for them. New Jersey has for more than a century been a "pay-to-play" state. Why would things be any different now that it's broke?

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post

Peace...
    The Garden State brings a whole new perspective to "Shoot first (at you), ask questions later (in hopes of getting a permit)."

I, too have heard that having "proof" of, say, almost being killed, MAY be justification for a Jersey judge to allow you to have a carry permit, although I have yet to find anyone on this site, at least, that actually has one. The mentality in New Jersey is that the powers that they believe that citizens don't need to carry a firearm.

New Jersey is so bad that law enforcement from outside the state can carry there, but they will reportedly arrest outside law enforcement of they are carrying hollowpoint ammunition! Rumer has it that each holow point cartridge carried is an additional count of "crime."

I signed it.....still active
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

9. Why would NJ want to become a Shall Issue state? The would diminish the corrupt power in the state. LEO's are armed to protect themselves and their loved ones. That right does NOT extend to the average citizien. Having overheard and taped two state troopers with this conversation. So you see mr.average citizen, your live and the lives of your loved in the eyes of the armed LEO's are worth ****.

10. Where do I sign the form ? I live in this god forsaken state and we can use all the help we can get...!!!

Having lived in NJ my whole life and being stuck here until I retire from the FD I won't hold my breath hoping that this state will ever allow the law-abiding citizen to carry concealed. I will retire, move to a gun friendly state, and carry my handgun. However, I will sign the petition in the hopes that my great-great-grand children may have a shot at it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast