NJ Shall-Issue Petition - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: NJ Shall-Issue Petition

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17
    THANKS

    I Will sign it
    Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    I am starting a new thread about this in hopes that a better title will attract more attention (No offense, MarkJ)

    This is an online petition to support NJ Assembly Bill 1384. This bill removes the discretionary language and the need to show "a proper reason" to carry a firearm. In other words, it makes NJ a "shall-issue" state. It also extends the duration of the permit from 2 to 5 years.

    You do not need to be a NJ resident to obtain their permit, or to sign the petition. Spread it around to all your 2A supportive friends and let's see if we can flood this petition. Also, please post here that you have signed it. Help keep this thread in the spotlight.

    Here is the NRA article.

    Here is the original thread started by MarkJ.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    NJ?

    The toll-booth state
    State motto: "fifty cents please"

    I was training at GFH near Newark. I had a keychain with an inert hollowpoint. The staff had me cut it off and dispose of it. They indicated I would still be arrested for it if caught because, although it contained no primer or powder, it had a hollpoint tip. A state with such bizarre laws isn't passing CCW legislation for the masses regardless of how many sign that petition. I consider NJ as a parking lot for NYC. The anti-gun sentiment ebbs right across the Hudson with the tide.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17
    I live in NJ, and would love to get a CCW, but lut's be realistic, it's never going to happen in NJ. This is one of the worst states for gun owners.

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Superglide View Post
    I live in NJ, and would love to get a CCW, but lut's be realistic, it's never going to happen in NJ. This is one of the worst states for gun owners.
    Getting a permit starts with luggage, storage boxes and a U-haul.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Getting a permit starts with luggage, storage boxes and a U-haul.
    Still in New York?

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Abacab View Post
    Still in New York?
    Yeah, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I live on beautiful land with barns, animals, mountain views, endless riding trails, nice rural folks, skiing, mountain biking, peace and quiet and my gun rights are unoffended. There's no liberal enclave where I live. The myth lives in the ignorant. Lifetime CCW with no restrictions. No renewals. No training requirements. No qualifier. No laws against bars, restuarants, hospitals, doctor/dentist offices, banks, churches, cars, public tansportation, etc. I can stop for a bite and a beer on my way home tonight without issue. The only problem here is reciprocity and the fact that some judges may try to push their personal views. But then again, the 2nd circuit FEDERAL court decided you have no right to carry and that denial of such does not violate the second, so any state can do this, citing that caselaw. Many think they live in a "shall issue" state and for some it's quite true. But many of those are really not "shall issue" as you're prevented from entering bars, restuarants, hospitals, doctors/dentists, churches, any place where an admission is charged (like a movie theater), public transporation, parks, etc. What the hell good is shall-issue when you must renew it every few years or must leave it in the car?

    Regarding NY? They don't call it the Empire State for nothing. The money to be made can't be argued with. Opportunity is boundless. You gotta be pulling your hair out in MD considering Osama Joe Biden.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Yeah, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I live on beautiful land with barns, animals, mountain views, endless riding trails, nice rural folks, skiing, mountain biking, peace and quiet and my gun rights are unoffended. There's no liberal enclave where I live. The myth lives in the ignorant. Lifetime CCW with no restrictions. No renewals. No training requirements. No qualifier. No laws against bars, restuarants, hospitals, doctor/dentist offices, banks, churches, cars, public tansportation, etc. I can stop for a bite and a beer on my way home tonight without issue. The only problem here is reciprocity and the fact that some judges may try to push their personal views. But then again, the 2nd circuit FEDERAL court decided you have no right to carry and that denial of such does not violate the second, so any state can do this, citing that caselaw. Many think they live in a "shall issue" state and for some it's quite true. But many of those are really not "shall issue" as you're prevented from entering bars, restuarants, hospitals, doctors/dentists, churches, any place where an admission is charged (like a movie theater), public transporation, parks, etc. What the hell good is shall-issue when you must renew it every few years or must leave it in the car?

    Regarding NY? They don't call it the Empire State for nothing. The money to be made can't be argued with. Opportunity is boundless. You gotta be pulling your hair out in MD considering Osama Joe Biden.
    The overall picture is more important to me than carry. While right to carry is very important, I much prefer to live in a state with no semi-auto rifle ban, ban on suppressor/machine gun/sbr/sbs/dd/aow ownership or a magazine ban. I have a Maryland carry permit (two in fact, stupid as that sounds) so I am really not lamenting the current state of affairs. Seven day wait on handguns and some rifles is lame, but it's better than a ban.

    If none of the aforementioned bothers you, then your New York situation is great.

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Abacab View Post
    The overall picture is more important to me than carry. While right to carry is very important, I much prefer to live in a state with no semi-auto rifle ban, ban on suppressor/machine gun/sbr/sbs/dd/aow ownership or a magazine ban. I have a Maryland carry permit (two in fact, stupid as that sounds) so I am really not lamenting the current state of affairs. Seven day wait on handguns and some rifles is lame, but it's better than a ban.

    If none of the aforementioned bothers you, then your New York situation is great.
    There's no semi-auto rifle ban in NYS. Never was. You can own a machine gun with a fed license. I allow them on my range as long as you have the proper paperwork. Myself, I don't need more than ten and a reload (in fact I don't need the reload) so the mag ban is a no issue either. None of these things matter... handgun permit, mag capacity, semi-auto, machine gun, etc. when it's in the car while you eat at Chuckly Cheese. THOSE are the very worst restrictions one can have. When I go to the hospital to visit a friend it isn't the law that scares me, it's "homey" and "flaco." They didn't have to leave their gun in the car.

    Now NYC? I have to agree with you on that one. They can have a handgun in the home but no one can carry. Did you know Bloomy made BB guns illegal? Crazy bastard isn't he?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    There's no semi-auto rifle ban in NYS. Never was. You can own a machine gun with a fed license. I allow them on my range as long as you have the proper paperwork. Myself, I don't need more than ten and a reload (in fact I don't need the reload) so the mag ban is a no issue either. None of these things matter... handgun permit, mag capacity, semi-auto, machine gun, etc. when it's in the car while you eat at Chuckly Cheese. THOSE are the very worst restrictions one can have. When I go to the hospital to visit a friend it isn't the law that scares me, it's "homey" and "flaco." They didn't have to leave their gun in the car.

    Now NYC? I have to agree with you on that one. They can have a handgun in the home but no one can carry. Did you know Bloomy made BB guns illegal? Crazy bastard isn't he?
    New York has a semi-auto rifle feature test - a detachable magazine with only one other feature (flash suppressor, telescoping stock, pistol grip, bayonet lug etc.). For all intents and purposes, it is a ban (copied off the federal 'assault weapons ban'). You cannot own a machine gun in New York unless you are a FFL holder. Most states allow private ownership of machine guns without a FFL.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Abacab View Post
    New York has a semi-auto rifle feature test - a detachable magazine with only one other feature (flash suppressor, telescoping stock, pistol grip, bayonet lug etc.). For all intents and purposes, it is a ban (copied off the federal 'assault weapons ban'). You cannot own a machine gun in New York unless you are a FFL holder. Most states allow private ownership of machine guns without a FFL.
    The NYS feature test isn't causing anyone a problem. That's not a make or break issue when your life is at stake... which actually makes the NY restriction quite stupid. You want military grade arms but the real issue is you can't enter McDonalds with your gun. When it breaks-out I'd rather be carrying a seven-shot .25 cal than have a .50 cal full-auto in the trunk. Remember the TX Lubie's incident? Suzzanna Hupp watched her family die because the gun was in the car -->

    The following states allow private ownership of machine guns if registered with ATF: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WV, WI, WY. Eleven states don't. Some states have their own registration requirements, but most just say you have to have it registered with ATF. NYS requires an FFL but that's not a big issue either. Just another set of forms. What the hell do you want a machine gun for? You gonna carry it? Let loose in the neighborhood at a burglar? And if you can have one shouldn't the local hoodrats also be allowed? Remember, they don't have to leave theirs in the trunk.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. At least one NJ Assemblyman cares
    By stuckinnj in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 04:58 PM
  2. Shall Issue Effort in NJ
    By Smity in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 10:32 AM
  3. Petition for CCW Reform in NJ
    By blackguppy in forum New Jersey Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 02:03 PM
  4. Shall Issue - May Issue?
    By lukem in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 08:51 PM
  5. Armed citizen stories
    By ishi in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 12:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast