NJ Shall-Issue Petition - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NJ Shall-Issue Petition

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    The NYS feature test isn't causing anyone a problem. That's not a make or break issue when your life is at stake... which actually makes the NY restriction quite stupid. You want military grade arms but the real issue is you can't enter McDonalds with your gun. When it breaks-out I'd rather be carrying a seven-shot .25 cal than have a .50 cal full-auto in the trunk. Remember the TX Lubie's incident? Suzzanna Hupp watched her family die because the gun was in the car

The following states allow private ownership of machine guns if registered with ATF: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WV, WI, WY. Eleven states don't. Some states have their own registration requirements, but most just say you have to have it registered with ATF. NYS requires an FFL but that's not a big issue either. Just another set of forms. What the hell do you want a machine gun for? You gonna carry it? Let loose in the neighborhood at a burglar? And if you can have one shouldn't the local hoodrats also be allowed? Remember, they don't have to leave theirs in the trunk.
    Are you seriously endorsing a rifle ban by feature because you think it's not "causing anyone a problem"? Do you consider yourself a gun rights supporting person?

Furthermore, you do know that you don't simply get a FFL by mailing in a bunch of forms? As a FFL, you don't call Colt and ask them to ship you a bunch of M-16s. It requires a bit more than that. No machine gun changes ownership without the ATF involved. Ever heard of the National Firearms Act?

I have one machine gun. I am looking to buy another. Why do I want one? Because I do. They are fun to shoot. No, I don't plan on gunning down anyone and have not for all the time I have owned it. Your local "hood rat" doesn't do fingerprints, photographs and seek local law enforcement approval for a machine gun. I am betting the local "hood rat" isn't felony conviction free either.

You strike me as a typical New York gun owner, fine with "reasonable" restrictions on gun ownership. You like to have your handgun and maybe that shotgun mounted on the wall. Heaven forbid if those yahoos have an evil rifle or a (gasp!) machine gun. For all those credentials listed, you don't seem to know a whole lot about guns or the legalities of gun ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Abacab View Post
    Are you seriously endorsing a rifle ban by feature because you think it's not "causing anyone a problem"? Do you consider yourself a gun rights supporting person?

Furthermore, you do know that you don't simply get a FFL by mailing in a bunch of forms? As a FFL, you don't call Colt and ask them to ship you a bunch of M-16s. It requires a bit more than that. No machine gun changes ownership without the ATF involved. Ever heard of the National Firearms Act?

I have one machine gun. I am looking to buy another. Why do I want one? Because I do. They are fun to shoot. No, I don't plan on gunning down anyone and have not for all the time I have owned it. Your local "hood rat" doesn't do fingerprints, photographs and seek local law enforcement approval for a machine gun. I am betting the local "hood rat" isn't felony conviction free either.

You strike me as a typical New York gun owner, fine with "reasonable" restrictions on gun ownership. You like to have your handgun and maybe that shotgun mounted on the wall. Heaven forbid if those yahoos have an evil rifle or a (gasp!) machine gun. For all those credentials listed, you don't seem to know a whole lot about guns or the legalities of gun ownership.
    Now you opened the ball. Tell us what is a typical New Yorker? Is that all New York residents? Those living in the entire state or just NYC? Does it end at the state line or shall we include those in PA, CT or NJ? Does it happen as soon as we move here or is there a waiting period? My wife is raised in FL. Does it include her? Is there some class we take to become unamerican? Are we all classified the same? As soon as you made a generalization the ignorance popped right off the screen at me. You have 5.8 million residents statewide. We have more illegal Mexicans than that in NYC alone. You can't make any comparison between the state that continued to elect Joe Biden and NY. They're both chock full of lying liberals. New York has about 1.3 million CCW permit holders outside of NYC. That's a huge number and represents about 12% of the upstate population.

Now I don't care if you want a machine gun. I don't care if you own one or even shoot it on your property near my home. I wouldn't even notice. And I have PERSONALLY been responsible for thousands people obtaining carry permits in this state. A clear and avid supporter of the second. And dozens of my students write here on USA Carry. I've worked with the state assembly and senate providing data to combat rediculous gun laws. And lastly, I spent three years on Fox radio jamming my pro-gun conservative opinion down the throats of New Yorkers. When you call someone out make damn sure you know their background.

Regarding the hoodrats? Not every one has a criminal record, despite gang affiliations, drug dealings, shooting and such. Just be sure you don't try to profile their rights away. If you can have it so can homey, just as long as his record is clean. FFL? Yeah, I have it? Don't need it but got it anyway for a goof. That FFL was not much work at all. Neither was my NYC carry permit!

Rather than accuse I'll ask. What do you do on a daily basis to beat the anti-gun sentiment and fight laws that would violate your rights? And what the hell you gonna do when "Flaco" opens-up in Burger King while your gun is in the car? Reality $uck$ don't it!

In case you haven't noticed you have no first amendment rights either. Complain about that. But doing so in public gets you arrested.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    I am starting a new thread about this in hopes that a better title will attract more attention (No offense, MarkJ)

This is an online petition to support NJ Assembly Bill 1384. This bill removes the discretionary language and the need to show "a proper reason" to carry a firearm. In other words, it makes NJ a "shall-issue" state. It also extends the duration of the permit from 2 to 5 years.

You do not need to be a NJ resident to obtain their permit, or to sign the petition. Spread it around to all your 2A supportive friends and let's see if we can flood this petition. Also, please post here that you have signed it. Help keep this thread in the spotlight.

Here is the NRA article.

Here is the original thread started by MarkJ.
    I'd sign the petition if there was a way of doing it online.

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    I am starting a new thread about this in hopes that a better title will attract more attention (No offense, MarkJ)

This is an online petition to support NJ Assembly Bill 1384. This bill removes the discretionary language and the need to show "a proper reason" to carry a firearm. In other words, it makes NJ a "shall-issue" state. It also extends the duration of the permit from 2 to 5 years.

You do not need to be a NJ resident to obtain their permit, or to sign the petition. Spread it around to all your 2A supportive friends and let's see if we can flood this petition. Also, please post here that you have signed it. Help keep this thread in the spotlight.

Here is the NRA article.

Here is the original thread started by MarkJ.
    I'd sign the petition if there was a way to do it on line.

6. NJ Shall-Issue Petition

Post your petition on njgunforums

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345