NJ Shall-Issue Petition
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Shall-Issue Petition

NJ Shall-Issue Petition

I am starting a new thread about this in hopes that a better title will attract more attention (No offense, MarkJ)

This is an online petition to support NJ Assembly Bill 1384. This bill removes the discretionary language and the need to show "a proper reason" to carry a firearm. In other words, it makes NJ a "shall-issue" state. It also extends the duration of the permit from 2 to 5 years.

You do not need to be a NJ resident to obtain their permit, or to sign the petition. Spread it around to all your 2A supportive friends and let's see if we can flood this petition. Also, please post here that you have signed it. Help keep this thread in the spotlight.

Here is the NRA article.

Here is the original thread started by MarkJ.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

wolfhunter Guest
    Come on, folks. Only 127 supporters? You don't have to be a NJ resident and those poor souls trapped there need our help.

I must disclose that my motives aren't entirely benevolent. I travel into NJ quite frequently, so I'd be one of the first in line if they went shall-issue.

Not that I wouldn't support it from the other side of the country, but I do have a vested interest.

Plus, if we can crack NJ...
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

wolfhunter Guest
    Hey, I'd like to visit Gramma's grave one day, but won't go to NJ until I can carry legally.

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    I must disclose that my motives aren't entirely benevolent. I travel into NJ quite frequently, so I'd be one of the first in line if they went shall-issue.

Not that I wouldn't support it from the other side of the country, but I do have a vested interest.

Plus, if we can crack NJ...
    I'd be in line right in front of you...I live closer...

I've got family...my side and the Mrs' side...that live in NJ...

Isn't it funny that all of the posters in this thread are NOT from NJ?

I travel through the state frequently *shudder* so I'd definitely get a permit.

wolfhunter Guest
    The site shows three new supporters since I was there YESTERDAY.

I thought people on this forum wanted freedom to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I thought people on this forum wanted freedom to carry.
    We do, unfortunately most of us aren't from NJ.

wolfhunter Guest
    From the OP: "You do not need to be a NJ resident to obtain their permit, or to sign the petition. Spread it around to all your 2A supportive friends and let's see if we can flood this petition."

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    From the OP: "You do not need to be a NJ resident to obtain their permit, or to sign the petition. Spread it around to all your 2A supportive friends and let's see if we can flood this petition."
    Oh yeah, good point. Whoever said that, that guy is pretty smart.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast