Brian Aitken Freed Tonight!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian Aitken Freed Tonight!

Brian Aitken Freed Tonight!

Eppur Si Muove

Merry Christmas Brian Aitken!

Hmmm, elect a Republican Governor, right some constitutional wrongs. There really is a difference! Go Christie!
    Islander's Law: Registration is Preparation for Confiscation

Governor Chris Christie is the best thing to happen to New Jersey in a long time. Of course a man falsely imprisoned would also agree. Glad Brian is out for Christmas and forever also.

Three cheers for Christie.

Sadly, it is only a commutation.

he is left a felon for life at this time.

-Doc

yea just time served... still on his record...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Sadly, it is only a commutation.

he is left a felon for life at this time.

-Doc
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet View Post
    yea just time served... still on his record...
    Yep...it wasn't a pardon....so he'll never get his guns back...or be able to buy more.... I say Christie is not done here...

As I recall, Christie is a long time gun-grabber who only spoke the party line to get elected.

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    As I recall, Christie is a long time gun-grabber who only spoke the party line to get elected.

-Doc
    I think you are right. Christie seems to be doing the right thing as far as NJ's problems. Making tough decisions and taking action. Let's hope that as he is doing these conservative actions and seeing how much it is apreciated maybe he will leaen to protect the 2A and peoples rights. He needs to pardon this guy so he does not have a record and he can then rejoin the ranks of us that believe we have an obligation and a right to protect ourselves without being victims of ambiguous laws and whims of less knowledgeable LEO"s I have to edit this because I absolutely do not believe all LEO's are ignorant of gun laws and do not appreciate the 2A. There are just enough out there that do not care and will put us in legay jeopardy.

Evan Nappen, Brian's attorney, is still persuing the appelate process to get the conviction overturned. His conviction should be thrown out on apeal, however that takes time. In the mean time the governor has let Brian out of prison which is a good thing.

The appelate issue, which should be a slam-dunk IMHO, is the judge's incorrect instructions to the jury. Brian did not receive a fair jury trial because the judge deliberately withheld information from the jury pertaining to NJ law.

The fight may not be over, but I am glad he is free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast