New Jersey Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Jersey Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information

Samlee,
    Once the fire arm is in your house there is nothing they can do . Go to the local police department and request the paperwork for your firearms ID card and pistol permit (i think you can purchase/register up to 3 handguns per permit). Get printed, pay way too much money and wait a while and when you get the F.A. ID card and the pistol permits you can then register the handgun. You might have to go to a licensed dealer to have them verify the state transfer of the gun. I could be a little off on the pistol permit part but i know you have to get the stupid fire arms id card to have a handgun or long gun in NJ.

So glad I moved to PA applied for my ltcf in 7 days picked it up 25 bucks. Jersey s u c k s!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jets-Fan in Patriots Land View Post
    Samlee,
    Once the fire arm is in your house there is nothing they can do . Go to the local police department and request the paperwork for your firearms ID card and pistol permit (i think you can purchase/register up to 3 handguns per permit). Get printed, pay way too much money and wait a while and when you get the F.A. ID card and the pistol permits you can then register the handgun. You might have to go to a licensed dealer to have them verify the state transfer of the gun. I could be a little off on the pistol permit part but i know you have to get the stupid fire arms id card to have a handgun or long gun in NJ.
    yeah...a little off...

In NJ, the Firearms Purchaser Identification Card is needed to purchase a long gun or ammo. IIRC, it is NOT needed to own anything. The pistol permits...you can request up to 3 at a time...are needed to purchase pistols IN THE STATE OF NJ...not for registering pistols you move into the state with. There is no mandatory pistol registration...there is voluntary, but can't imagine why anybody would voluntarily register their guns with the state.

I've done most of my instructor level training in NJ. I routinely bring my gun from NYS to NJ. I lock the gun action, then lock the gun in its case, then lock the case to a hook in my trunk. Ammo (God forbid you have a hollowpoint) is locked in another container, also locked to a hook in my trunk. I always ensure I have my NYS CCW permit and documentation to prove I'm going to a class.

Sweatin' all the way. It's like a deoderant commercial... "BC1 used Ban Roll-on under his right arm and the leading deoderant under his left before entering the state of NJ with a handgun. Now that he's returned, let's see which worked best! And let's check to see if how well those 'depends' underwear work!"

GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

6. I used to live in NJ but moved to NC and bought a handgun. But its illegal for me to even bring my gun over the state border of NJ because i'm from out of state. Especially since i'm going to NJ and not just passing through. Can't even lock it up in the trunk (guy got arrested and sent to jail (although released) for just that. If I can't prove I need it, its illegal.

No it is not illegal to bring a handgun into the state of N.J. if you don't live there altho you must follow the rules of n.j.2 c code about locking them in the trunk. Yes I know a guy got arrested for doing the same but but he went about it the wrong way and the Police Officer was wrong in makeing the arrest. No it is not illegal to have Hollow Point or soft Point ammo in your possesion as long as you are going to a shooting range or are returning from a store where you have just purchased same. N.J. has a volantary register of handguns that you can do with a weapon from out of state if you wish to I do not know why anyone would but you can. I would suggest that you write down the Make Model and calibre along with the serial number and take same to the local Police department and request a volantary registration form which is the same as a regular registration form fill out same and go home. There is no repeat no need for the Police Department to see the weapon.
    Bill

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234