Turnaround time for New Mexico 4 Year concealed carry renewals

Thread: Turnaround time for New Mexico 4 Year concealed carry renewals

Turnaround time for New Mexico 4 Year concealed carry renewals

Does anyone have an idea how long it is taking for the 4 year renewals to be processed and returned?

I have not had to go through the four year renewal yet, my two year is coming up pretty quick, and I am hoping the legislators abolish the two year testing requirement. Anyhow, back to the original question. Since they (NMDPS) are processing a four year renewal like a brand new permit, expect it to take 30-90+ days. My initial permit took just over 4 months to be sent out to me.
    If you can't hit it with 8, you sure as hell aren't going to hit it with 21.

It only took 3 weeks to get my permit, in Sept. 2010.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

I dropped off an application and without asking the gal said, "it is averaging 30-90 days to receive your permit in the mail".

I will update how long it actually takes.

I just got mine back...32 days door to door!!! I AM impressed.

As I recall, it too approximately 4 weeks for my last renewal.

BTW, as regards the two year re-qualification, the instructor will
    send in the results and you won't get a new certificat from the DPS.

Enjoy!
    The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

Exactly 1 month later, got it in the mail. Has a typo in my name though. Not good. I hope when I notify them of that, that they don't take it away and make me wait another month.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho View Post
    Exactly 1 month later, got it in the mail. Has a typo in my name though. Not good. I hope when I notify them of that, that they don't take it away and make me wait another month.
    It should only take a few days. It happened to me 4 years ago. They had a typo and I called them. They said to send back the bad one and they would send me a new one. I ended up with 2 because they sent one out the day I called, and then sent another one out when they received the bad one back!
    Once you're approved, it is just changing it in their computer.