Walmart now posted
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart now posted

Walmart now posted

It all came about on Saturday 7/6/13. My wife went to the local Walmart, and on the door is a new sign saying no guns allowed, loaded or not. It was posted by the Alcohol and Gaming commission. Firstly , the sign is not posted in the correct place, and secondly it is not of the required size as mandated by the state. My Wife went ahead with Her shopping CCing, as usual. I spoke to one of our local instructors who has a very extensive background in this, and he was of the opinion as am I that this is not legal. He has sent pictures of the signs to the proper state agencies. I CCed on Sunday, and had no problem. It is going to be interesting to see the outcome of this, as the managers at both Walmart stores are against the signage. They were told they had to post by corporate superiors, who were told to do so by the state agency. The short of it is that an agency with no jurisdiction overstepped its bounds in My opinion. Time will tell.
    I am old and slow, BUT dead on with my aim!!

Was at Wally World this weekend. Saw no signs. Might be your area or region. BUT, I add, that if you CC does it really make a difference??? Of course it does but IT'S all about your choices.............
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

I totally agree with you, and it is one of our other agencies here in NM. is sticking it's nose in where it has no authority.

I have seen no sign at my local WM.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

6. Gonna research this with corporate, I'll post anything, when I find out.

Pretty sure corporate has always been of the mind that they obey local/state laws. For example, if the state allows open carry and licensed CC, then these are also welcome in stores. This is interesting as its a third party mandate.

Sounds like Alcohol and Gaming commission has gotten into the business of also writing laws. A property owner has the right to say "no guns", but if a type of business (retail) is to become a GFZ, then wouldn't the state legislature have to pass a law to that effect?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

9. Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    Pretty sure corporate has always been of the mind that they obey local/state laws. For example, if the state allows open carry and licensed CC, then these are also welcome in stores. This is interesting as its a third party mandate.
    This.

However, a district manager has the authority to ban firearms in his district stores, with legal signing posted. Corporate will not interfere with those decisions, unless litigious issues are involved by other parties.

It's a shame that NDs in stores usually trigger a firearms ban in that store, or an entire district. One bad apple...

We fully expect this to be resolved, as I stated earlier, this is not mandated by any state statute. It seems it may have been an overzealous employee trying to show some authority they did not have. LOL BTW, the signs are not in the correct place, and are not of legal size according to law. ;)

Blog Entries
    Keep emailing corporate. Threaten to go to target.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast