Las Cruces Shooting Range?

Thread: Las Cruces Shooting Range?

Question Las Cruces Shooting Range?

I heard it had been closed due to someone's complaint. I don't know if it its true.

Does any one know if the range is still open?

If it is not, where do people go to qualify for the NM CCW in the Las Cruces area?

Thanks.
    The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

Smile

Yesterday I re-qualified for the next two years of my CCW. The instructor met me and a few others at
    the Las Cruces Butterfield shooting range.

FYI it is still going strong and appears to be well cared for.
    The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

If you mean the Butterfield Shooting Range just off of I-10 it is not closed. I was just there today. I know it is closed on Thursdays until 3 pm for maintenance.

Max

5. Question Target stands or ?

I'm heading down to your nice warm weather for a week and plan to check out and maybe do some shooting at the Butterfield range. Is there something there to put targets on at the range? Do I need to bring cardboard or a stand with me? Thanks in advance for your help.

At the near end (where I usually shoot) there are no stands or anything to put targets on. There MAY be at the ranges at the far end. I was only at that end once and I just don't remember. So, I guess I'm saying it would be best to bring the stuff with you.

When are you coming?

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer99 View Post
    I'm heading down to your nice warm weather for a week and plan to check out and maybe do some shooting at the Butterfield range. Is there something there to put targets on at the range? Do I need to bring cardboard or a stand with me? Thanks in advance for your help.

7. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Colt 45 View Post
    When are you coming?
    Max
    We had planned to leave home (Colorado Springs) tomorrow but we are forecast to get snow tonight and tomorrow so it looks like Saturday now. We like to take our time so will arrive Sunday night. I'll take a trip out to see the range on Tuesday or Wednesday since you mentioned that it is closed most of Thursday.
    Tarron

Great, maybe I'll see you there!

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer99 View Post
    We had planned to leave home (Colorado Springs) tomorrow but we are forecast to get snow tonight and tomorrow so it looks like Saturday now. We like to take our time so will arrive Sunday night. I'll take a trip out to see the range on Tuesday or Wednesday since you mentioned that it is closed most of Thursday.
    Tarron