New guy from NYC
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New guy from NYC

New guy from NYC

First of all hello everyone. I am looked around and this is a great site.
    I am about to go ahead with my premises hand gun license for NYC since i will never be able to get a CC in NYC. I have contacted Larry Goodson to help me with an application he has been in the business for over 25 years doing just that, helping law abiding citizens get a handgun license. His prices are very reasonable compared to some other places i called that quoted me close to 3k for their services. Unfortunately with the way the application process is i believe it will easier and cheaper in long run to use a service of knowledgeable professional.

After having a log conversation i found out that getting non resident CC permit in states like Florida and Ohio will give you the right to CC in most of the states but will violate my NYC premises license, since it will clearly state that its restricted to only premises, hunting and target shooting. Unless i get CC license in NYC i technically cant use my NYC premises registered hand gun to carry in any other state. i cant use it for hunting or target shooting in fact it can never leave NY state.

How do you guys deal with this Bull crap of laws? how much are they enforced? have anyone ever heard of what i mentioned above? did anyone ever get in trouble?

I think there was a court case were someone from Long Island tried to take there gun out west and got in trouble. I will try to find it and post it. I find it funny and lol every time I'm on long Island that I can carry my gun. Some one that lives there should point that out to them some time. Good luck on the NYC stuff. Hope it goes smooth.

First off Ultra12, I'd like to welcome you to USA Carry. I'm sure you will find this site very informative and a wide range of knowledgeable members who will be more than happy to pass along any useful information to you concerning any questions you may have.
    In reguard to your question, I only have this to say... Don't test theories. The last thing you want to find out is that is was illegal for you to carry and now you've lost the privilage to carry or even own a gun. Do your homework and gain as much info as you can. Good luck to you.
    I'm not sure how the third world war will be fought, but I do know how the fourth will....with rocks.

Hello, and Welcome to USA Carry from the shore of SC.............
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Welcome to the site.

I would seriously consider moving. There is no sense in paying all that money and still having your constitutional rights trampled. It really ticks me off when municipalities restrict law abiding citizens from owning or carrying firearms for personal protection You could move to a gun friendly state and not have to deal with attorneys and all the other red tape nonsense. Then you could buy and own as many guns as you like. And carry them! Imagine the possibilities!!!

How would getting a Florida or Ohio CCW license "violate" your NYC license? They're not connected in any way.

You need to do the following: (1) get a Utah CCW license, (2) get a Florida CCW license, (3) get out of New York City, and (4) get a CCW license in your new state.

Actually, I know a guy who got a CCW license in NYC. This was a while back, but he said it's not as hard as people think. You just have to get help from someone who knows how to do deal with all the tricks the city pulls to derail your attempt, specifically how to answer every question on the application, and exactly how to argue your case when they try to deny you. Naturally, this type of help ain't cheap.

But anti-gun New York Times owner Arthur Sulzberger has a CCW license, and so does anti-gun Senator Charles Schumer. It's possible if you want to go to the expense and trouble.

When you carry out of state you will not be carrying on your NYC lic you will be carrying on your out of state Lic.

For example I have a Nassau Target permit, I also have a PA non resident permit which is not restricted, if I leave NY and go to PA, VA, GA or anyone of the states that accepts my PA permit I will be carrying on the PA permit not the NY one so I will be breaking no laws even though my NY permit is target. NYS restrictions do not apply to permits issued by other states. My PA permit is for self defense and I can carry concealed legally in the states that honor that permit.

Additionally from what I understand most NYS counties and NYC included HATE when applicants use services to assist with pistol permits they actually look for more reasons to deny you. If they do deny you; than when you apply for an out of state permit you will have to state that you were denied a pistol permit and explain which could delay that process or make the other agencies not issue you one.

My advice stick with the restricted permit for the time being apply for the out of state ones and help us fight these arbitrary restrictions.

Long Island Firearms Freedom Fund

The Long Island Firearms community is sponsoring the NY freedom fund, a challenge to PL sec 400 to shift the burden of proof from the applicant to the state and to get rid of these ridiculous restrictions.

I wish you luck on your process

Quote Originally Posted by Kevins9145 View Post
    When you carry out of state you will not be carrying on your NYC lic you will be carrying on your out of state Lic.

For example I have a Nassau Target permit, I also have a PA non resident permit which is not restricted, if I leave NY and go to PA, VA, GA or anyone of the states that accepts my PA permit I will be carrying on the PA permit not the NY one so I will be breaking no laws even though my NY permit is target. NYS restrictions do not apply to permits issued by other states. My PA permit is for self defense and I can carry concealed legally in the states that honor that permit.

Additionally from what I understand most NYS counties and NYC included HATE when applicants use services to assist with pistol permits they actually look for more reasons to deny you. If they do deny you; than when you apply for an out of state permit you will have to state that you were denied a pistol permit and explain which could delay that process or make the other agencies not issue you one.

My advice stick with the restricted permit for the time being apply for the out of state ones and help us fight these arbitrary restrictions.

Long Island Firearms Freedom Fund

The Long Island Firearms community is sponsoring the NY freedom fund, a challenge to PL sec 400 to shift the burden of proof from the applicant to the state and to get rid of these ridiculous restrictions.

I wish you luck on your process
    +1
    NYC firearms division does frown on people using "services" and during your interview will specifically ask if you were either "coached" in the questions they will be asking and if you used a service for your application. Actually, on the NYPD website there is a warning about using outside services.

Another better and cheaper option is to have "Westside Pistol & Rifle Range" type up the application for you for small fee and they can answer ALL questions you have regarding your permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevins9145 View Post

That was my understanding as well however since the gun is registered on you NY premises license supposedly its in violation of NY license. PA has no problem with that or any other state but if it ever gets back to NY that you carry a NY registered gun somewhere else they can technically take your privileges away.

[B. . . ]if it ever gets back to NY that you carry a NY registered gun somewhere else they can technically take your privileges away.[/B]

Well, at least New York recognizes your Second Amendment privilege to keep and bear arms at the pleasure of the government.

But I'm having a hard time believing that carrying your firearm legally in Pennsylvania or Idaho can get you in trouble in New York. I guess anything is possible, though. If you're really worried about it, get a different gun for use in other states.

As far as using a service goes, of course New York doesn't want you to use one. But that's all the more reason to do so. It's like the police telling you that they frown upon arrestees who hire lawyers. Do you really think those dozens of ads in the New York newspapers are there for no reason? Actually, I don't know quite what "service" refers to. You get a lawyer who specializes in that field.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast