Ulster Co Permit denial - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Ulster Co Permit denial

  1. Quote Originally Posted by lumpy View Post
    schneer totally sucked.accident of a .judge appointed by an accident of a governor.with 10000 more dems than reps in this county she managed to get her clock cleaned.im a dem and i know she was unqualified.i didnt want to be judged by her,i went out like alot of people and got rid of her .good riddance.her only loyal constituancy were crips, bloods and a seven time dwi drug dealing fugitive. now the other judges gotta clean up, and theyre busy,so i doubt thats gonna happen.it was theyre decision to require these interviews and for the out of control taxes i pay in this county i want them to make the time or go back to letting the sheriff handle us.
    The Sheriff handles the investigation.The interview was just started not too long ago.Things were very easy,pistol permits were no restrictions.Other counties next to Ulster always had the interview which made it just a tad more difficult because the judge would ask a bunch of questions to the applicant.The problem is the judge is busy and the permits are always last on the list.It would be better if the county had a permit office that handled everything so the judge would not be involved at all.Many licensed permit holders wait weeks to get a gun put on there permit,this needs to be changed.No approvals from the judge to sign off on your new pistol.Is the new judge going to be any better.I still believe he would have denied a permit to all the same people that Schneer did.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Ulster County used to have a huge backlog of amendments, but Judge Cahill now allows the Ulster County Pistol Office to add and subtract handguns from your permit. You can buy a pistol and pick it up in the same day, which as Hunter Won said, is often not the case outside of Ulster County.

  4. schneer was unqualified.a criminals advocate.if you are going to deny someone at least specify why(stolen and missused identity crimes can happen to anyone) you may be right hunter, but something smells when people are denied en mass. you say its easy in upstate counties but we went from shall to may fast.lunytoon could be our heller . if hes got money for a good lawyer and wants to fight the vsystem ,i say go!

  5. p.s. unless hes some crazy wack bircher!

  6. Im from Ulster County too. I recently moved here. I say that if Schneer was denying permits in-mass we all need to stand up and stand behind Luny and support him fully. I agree that a BS rejection letter with NO reason as to why needs to be fought against. If you dont know what prompted the rejection on your background check HOW THE HELL are you supposed to get it corrected so you can re-apply in 1 year? That is CRAP! What Schneer did was unjust and she should be held accountable to either give a fully disclosed reason for the rejection or his permit app should be approved. The way I see it, He has been convicted of a "crime" without ever being told what he was being accused of. TOTALLY ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL!
    Last edited by stresco; 01-10-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: My spelling sucks, prob still got a lot wrong :D

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by stresco View Post
    Im from Ulster County too. I recently moved here. I say that if Schneer was denying permits in-mass we all need to stand up and stand behind Luny and support him fully. I agree that a BS rejection letter with NO reason as to why needs to be fought against. If you dont know what prompted the rejection on your background check HOW THE HELL are you supposed to get it corrected so you can re-apply in 1 year? That is CRAP! What Schneer did was unjust and she should be held accountable to either give a fully disclosed reason for the rejection or his permit app should be approved. The way I see it, He has been convicted of a "crime" without ever being told what he was being accused of. TOTALLY ILLEGAL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

    BRAVO STRESCO!!!!!
    Thank You! You are correct. I have been held accountable for something that I have no idea "What" that is, how in the world can I fix something that I do not know exists?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Lunytoon95 View Post
    BRAVO STRESCO!!!!!
    Thank You! You are correct. I have been held accountable for something that I have no idea "What" that is, how in the world can I fix something that I do not know exists?
    I believe you already know why you were denied a permit.If you were not a problem to the P.D. remember they are the law and the judge does not want to hear a negative about law enforcement.You have a history with the P.D. which is negative.The new judge is pro Law Enforcement and believe won't even entertain your letter after he checks your file.The last thing a cop or judge wants is a civilian who is confrontational and may use that gun on his girlfriends ex-husband.You gave too much information and it backfired in your face.You think any judge is going to give you a permit if they know your history!!!

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    I believe you already know why you were denied a permit.If you were not a problem to the P.D. remember they are the law and the judge does not want to hear a negative about law enforcement.You have a history with the P.D. which is negative.The new judge is pro Law Enforcement and believe won't even entertain your letter after he checks your file.The last thing a cop or judge wants is a civilian who is confrontational and may use that gun on his girlfriends ex-husband.You gave too much information and it backfired in your face.You think any judge is going to give you a permit if they know your history!!!
    Wow Hunter, all I can say after these few days with posting here is that you want to argue ever little detail. It would take volumes of information to convey to you all of the facts you are missing.
    My HISTORY, is a Law Upholding Citizen. If everyone else thinks that is a problem, then that is their problem.

  10. I don't know Luny from ADAM. I am NOT a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I do know that if he was denied, he has the right to know why. If it was me I'd be seething right now, not because of the denial letter but because it never spelled out why? If the Judge or Investigating officer believes that he is of Poor Moral Quality and Luny should not be allowed a CCP, then they need to include what prompted the decision in the denial letter so it can be documented and Luny can then petition the courts for review of their statements. This way he has the chance to prove that he was misjudged and clear up any misunderstandings for when he re-submits his application. If it turns out that he is truly of Poor Moral Quality and should not be allowed to carry a pistol it will be documented as well.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by stresco View Post
    I don't know Luny from ADAM. I am NOT a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I do know that if he was denied, he has the right to know why. If it was me I'd be seething right now, not because of the denial letter but because it never spelled out why? If the Judge or Investigating officer believes that he is of Poor Moral Quality and Luny should not be allowed a CCP, then they need to include what prompted the decision in the denial letter so it can be documented and Luny can then petition the courts for review of their statements. This way he has the chance to prove that he was misjudged and clear up any misunderstandings for when he re-submits his application. If it turns out that he is truly of Poor Moral Quality and should not be allowed to carry a pistol it will be documented as well.
    I think Luny needs to hire a lawyer because he has been denied and needs to wait ONE YEAR.Are poor friend did write a post he has about the police,which is poor judgement on his part if he's trying to gain any support .You think if someone has a confrontation with the police is going to get anywhere ....NO, let a trained attorney get the facts from the court.Your going to need to spend a lot of money to get a permit because you were denied.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast