Ulster Co Permit denial - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ulster Co Permit denial

1. True, At this point he needs a lawyer. Jumping up and down and bitching, asking for help in posts on CCP Forums and getting into debats with PEERS over it is not going to help. He needs a lawyer. Luny, if this is the only peice of advice you take from Hunter, so be it, but he (assuming Hunter is a he) is right. You need a lawyer.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Lunytoon95 View Post
    Wow Hunter, all I can say after these few days with posting here is that you want to argue ever little detail. It would take volumes of information to convey to you all of the facts you are missing.
    My HISTORY, is a Law Upholding Citizen. If everyone else thinks that is a problem, then that is their problem.
    Luny your little post about the local PD along with DEP is a little disturbing.You have issues also with the court prior to your interview (Supreme & Family).There is a very good attorney in NYC that may help you,however the letter is in fact telling you that you were indeed denied by backround and interview.Just find a lawyer instead of asking us because we all know the fact is your not going to get a permit.You have to remember this.You must be of a good moral character and pass the backround.Did you ever think that your girlfriends ex- husband may be the reason you did not get a permit...Explain to all of us what makes you think your a good guy that got the shaft from the judge.I think your using her as an excuse to gain support.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunytoon95 View Post
    Ive decided to start a new thread for this, poor dendrokeeper had his thread hijacked by my situation.
    Here is what I have posted before in "Ulster County Application"

Hahahahahahha,
    I just recently found out my permit application has hereby been denied.
    "Due to your background information and the personal interview, your application for a pistol permit is hereby denied, you may reapply in one year"

Just a few facts,
    US Navy Combat Vet.
    ZERO tickets, convictions or anything for that matter.
    I own multiple properties in NY state.
    Spoke to permit office, ladies in there even said "Wtf?" about my denial letter. As far as my understanding is, I would have to be denied by an Official SPECIFIC reason, that I may appeal at my choice.

The wonderful ladies in the permit office are going to try resubmitting my application to the new Judge Williams with a letter I have written. Apparently some of the background information that is run on all of us applicants also includes other persons who's names or DOBs are similar, even states that on the form. Judge Schneer chose to ignore this little fact and hold me responsible for other persons actions.

Any questions, comments or suggestions would be very welcome as I have no idea what to do or prepare for.
    Very unusual. I teach and provide permit services for Ulster residents and have not heard of an arbitrary denial in Ulster. I've had only one denial in 12 years of teaching in NYS and that was a guy with multiple misdemeanor convictions for DUI. The judge will consider previous family court actions and protection orders.

PM me if you want and I can connect you to a top firearms attorney from Orange County.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Lunytoon95 View Post
    Judge Schneer did not want to see anything during my interview, from anyone that went up before her.
    I tried to offer copies of property tax bills, DD214, military pistol qualification, safety courses, defense courses I have taken out west years ago. She wanted NONE of it.
    Now how is that making a fair and honest decision when the Judge plays ignorant, Hunter One?
    There is a difference of being denied because of your past actions and behavior versus being denied with no reason given (Law States it HAS to be SPECIFIC) especially when myself and others were never given a fair and honest interview with the Judge.
    There is nothing in the NYS Penal Law that requires the judge provide a specific reason for the denial. However, an attorney making a request for the reason for such a disposition would get a response. There is also no section of law that requires you wait one year to re-apply. Time for an attorney.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

For anyone interested. We provide discounts to USACarry members on all training. We're currently offering members the course "NRA Personal Protection Outside The Home" on 3/19 and 3/20 for $150. Regular cost is $275. This includes both the basic and advanced certificates (live fire exercises). Course location is Ulster County. Three NRA certified instructors and one SWAT instructor will be present. Anyone interested can PM me.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

7. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    There is nothing in the NYS Penal Law that requires the judge provide a specific reason for the denial. However, an attorney making a request for the reason for such a disposition would get a response. There is also no section of law that requires you wait one year to re-apply. Time for an attorney.
    Case Law allows a county to place restrictions...Once denied it becomes almose impossible to get approved.The judge decides,the police do the backround and make a recommendation.I know many counties are very political.

Update,
    Almost one year ago I requested a hearing in front of Judge Williams concerning my situation.
    Judge Williams found that I was denied due to background information concerning the wrong person. He said it was blatantly obvious that this said "ID" was NOT me, that Judge Shcneer had no reason to deny me whatsoever. Judge Williams went over everything, including the situations concerning the local LEO in my area. With my evidence, he agreed that I have been following my constitutional rights allowed by law and that the local LEO has/have overstepped there bounds on numerous occasions. He was highly concerned as to the behavior of the local LEO and was also pleased to hear that Ulster Sheriff and State Troopers have been above board constantly.
    All I can really say is READ! Read everything you can about courts, law, your rights, EVERYTHING.
    I did all of this by myself and it was very difficult to say the least.
    My reward for being vigilant was to be granted a non-restrictive permit.
    I have nothing but RESPECT for Judge Williams, he follows the Law period.
    He also thanked me for my military service, which is an odd thing coming from an official in Ulster County.
    Judge Williams is what this Ulster county needs more of.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    Case Law allows a county to place restrictions...Once denied it becomes almose impossible to get approved.The judge decides,the police do the backround and make a recommendation.I know many counties are very political.
    Agree. Unfortunately this is the problem with a discretionary issue state. I always tell my students to start with the restricted permit and then take NRA PPITH and PPOTH before applying for an amendment to unrestricted. They may even invest the time to become a pistol instructor.

My wife requested the amendment. She went before the judge in Orange County who said "hi honey how are you today." He asked why she wanted the upgrade and she responded that she wanted to walk for exercise and her permit only allowed hunting, fishing, camping, target, hiking, etc. She said she didn't want any misinterpretation of her restrictions and didn't plan on regularly carrying a gun. He smiled and said "granted, bye now." Darn girls get all the breaks.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123