Erie County......still waiting. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Erie County......still waiting.

I salute your ballz, good sir; but I have to get that permit. Well ok maybe I don't, but I like the idea of owning a pistol, not moving. I'll just have to wait.

Update: All four of my references have been interviewed. Any idea the timeframe between the interview and (whatever the next step ) is?

3. Quote Originally Posted by blazemyowntrails View Post
    Update: All four of my references have been interviewed. Any idea the timeframe between the interview and (whatever the next step ) is?
    MAny months of waiting before you get the letter. Then you buy your pistol, go down to the office and pay another $20, get your picture taken, another thumb print and get treated like crap by the lazy, rude staff. After that, you wait another three to six months and when they get around to printing out the card, you can go pick up your pistol that you purchased half a year ago. You got a long wait buddy. Like July or August from what my gun dealer is telling me.

Wow. I'm thinking about going to the police academy in august too. I shoulda just not even bothered. But a year ago i figured I'd be able to get some practice in beforehand. Silly me.

I understand your Frustrations with Erie County ie: Pistol Permit Office. I wish I could offer you an quick Solution to your current Situation. Your best bet is to either call or,go to Kathy Hochul (County Clerk) and, Respectfully Demand an answer. There is no Reason why you have been waiting 12 weeks I would also, Advise her on what you have been told by the Slugs in that office and, how you have been treated. I also made an complaint to Kathy when I had trouble with one of those slugs. Over an bill of sale. After an 20 minute phone call to her my problem was solved. and here is the best part when I went into the office later that afternoon Mr.Fowler and Kathy were both there. They made that Clerk Apolojize to me in front of about 5 Poeple who were getting permits done. Kathy Hochul did advise me that Mr. Fowler is the head of the pistol permit office and any and, all complaints should first be directed to him. I agreed that next time I would call or, Visit Him Kathy said she hopes there wont be a next time. I told her with the attitude of the staff in that office that there would defiantely be a next time because they are always rude to poeple. But, at least for the 20 minutes I was There all of those Slugs where all up and busy taking care of those 3 guys and, 2 ladies getting their permits. Now everytime I have to go to Pistol Permit office when I walk in they all say hi and, get up to help me. Im by far royality but complaining to kathy made a big difference. I think they all think I will do it again and, believe me I would in an heart beat.. The one thing I didnt do was yell or, be disrespectful But I did tell her that I am an person and, I deserve the same respect that they deserve. Those poeple that work in that office think they are above us because they have the power to make getting our permits tuff or, delay us due process so dont be afraid to stand up to them and, demand respect.. nothing more or, nothing less I would gladly go there with you and, help steer you in the right direction if you would like my help just send me private message through USA Carry contact services if we all stick together they cant ignore all of us. plus sometimes having an witness on your side goes along way. if not no problem. Good luck fellow Permit Holder.try not to get to upset. Im retired so, I open to go ANYTIME

6. Week #14 starts Monday. No responce from my letter to the county clerk. The guy at the gun shop says they seem to be delaying them on purpose. Nobody is getting them in the time they said to expect your permit. He says expect another several months wait. My permit was apporved almost 14 weeks ago and I still can't pick up my bought and paid for guns at the shop. More motivation to move away from NY.

Section 400.00 of the NYS Penal Code, Paragraph 4-a

4-a. Processing of license applications. Applications for licenses
    shall be accepted for processing by the licensing officer at the time of
    presentment. Except upon written notice to the applicant specifically
    stating the reasons for any delay, in each case the licensing officer
    shall act upon any application for a license pursuant to this section
    within six months of the date of presentment of such an application to
    the appropriate authority. Such delay may only be for good cause and
    with respect to the applicant. In acting upon an application, the
    licensing officer shall either deny the application for reasons
    specifically and concisely stated in writing or grant the application
    and issue the license applied for.

Time for a lawyer?

8. The pistol permit card printer or the equipment used to print the permits is out of service. This is the cause of the delays. No info on when it will ever be fixed.

Well, I dont know who told you that. I was at Pistol Permit Office Yesterday Afternoon. I registered an New Handgun I purchased From GunBroker.com I arrived there at 2:00pm and, they ammended my permit by adding new gun. Then they Printed my new Cards I paid my Fees Said thanks and, Lefted at 2:25pm Also, There were 3 other Poeple waiting for there ammendments to be Completed Im not saying your wrong but, maybe you received wrong Information from them. but, as of yesterday afternoon all was fine at Pistol Permit office no mention of printer beiing down or, broken

Oh no, I totally believe it. The printer's broken, the pens are out of ink. The judge sprained his app signing hand. They also ran out of stamps. My mailman got a flat.... I'm just joshin.... trying to be a good sport about it. Waiting ever so patiently....

11. Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    Well, I dont know who told you that. I was at Pistol Permit Office Yesterday Afternoon. I registered an New Handgun I purchased From GunBroker.com I arrived there at 2:00pm and, they ammended my permit by adding new gun. Then they Printed my new Cards I paid my Fees Said thanks and, Lefted at 2:25pm Also, There were 3 other Poeple waiting for there ammendments to be Completed Im not saying your wrong but, maybe you received wrong Information from them. but, as of yesterday afternoon all was fine at Pistol Permit office no mention of printer beiing down or, broken
    Call the county clerks office yourself. This is the reason for the long delays. The card printer is down. I'm sure it's BS but that's what they are telling me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast