Erie County......still waiting. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Erie County......still waiting.

Excellent to hear! Gimme that letter! Gimme that letter!

3. dont fell bad i waited well over a year for my permit. 3 weeks after i paid for my pistol i recieved my permit. the only thing im unclear on is how this resticted carry works. can i carry, not carry....only to and from the range..? totally confused....?

4. Quote Originally Posted by smarky6969 View Post
    dont fell bad i waited well over a year for my permit. 3 weeks after i paid for my pistol i recieved my permit. the only thing im unclear on is how this resticted carry works. can i carry, not carry....only to and from the range..? totally confused....?
    A restricted pistol permit may be carried concealed" TO AND FROM RANGE ONLY".Just remember that you can not stop while en route to and from range.If you are pulled over by the police and use the excuse you belong to a 24 hour range than you can expect a challenge which would result in you getting your permit revolked.Get the proper training spend the time at the range and remember it has to be concealed.

The three week delay is going to be eliminated Sept 1

The Erie County Chapter of SCOPE had Will Fowler as a speaker on August 19th.
    He explained the improvements being made in to expedite the process.

Electronic Fingerprints have reduced the wait time by 3 to 4 months.
    Now beginning September 1st you can have your photo taken for the ID Card at the beginning of the process rather than at the end.

So now the approval letter will be eliminated as will having to go downtown get your photo and wait the 3 weeks for the permit.

When your packet is returned from the Judge, the permit card will be mailed to you, and you are good to go.

He also explained that every step of the process that his office has control over has been improved.
    The only link in the chain is the background checks your local PD.

Some towns turn them around quickly and some towns take a while. They (the Pistol Permit Office) have no control over that.

For those of us that had to wait a year of more or that are in the pipeline, It is of little comfort. For those planning on getting a permit, it is great news.
    Last edited by golocx4; 08-21-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling

6. Quote Originally Posted by smarky6969 View Post
    dont fell bad i waited well over a year for my permit. 3 weeks after i paid for my pistol i recieved my permit. the only thing im unclear on is how this resticted carry works. can i carry, not carry....only to and from the range..? totally confused....?
    Judge Boller is issuing restrictions like "trigger locks required at all times" for so-called Hunting/Target permits. Not sure how to use it for home defense or if a person legally can. Boller is a turd.

Note: SCOPE is a tool for the liberal democratic party in NY to fool you into thinking they actually care about the second amendment. SCOPE supports Kathy Hochul who worked as Senator Monyihan's legal counsel before becoming erie county clerk. Monyihan was the most rabid anti-gun Senator in United States History and Kathy Hochul was his advisor. She's very proud of of this and it's listed on her website bio. Kathy Hochul supported Hillary Clinton for President. Kathy Hochul gave the acceptance speech at the NY DNC convention with her endorsement of Andrew Cuomo for Governor of NY. She said NY needs Andrew Cuomo. SCOPE loves Kathy Hochul AKA Nancy Pelosi lite as she is know in second amendment circles. Get the picture??? SCOPE is a fraud.

I moved away from this rotten state. I live in a state where you can walk into a gun shop and walk out in 20 minutes with a pistol and NO PERMIT required. Plus the taxes are half what I paid in NY state and the sales tax on the handgun purchase was ....wait for it.............ZERO.

Signing off for the last time. Wishing all of you the best in the Peoples Republic of NY. I will never return and have never been happier!

I've lived in WNY for 35 years. My 4 children still live here. My grandchild is 5 miles away. The weather is great and the recreational opportunities are fantastic. Hiking, fishing, and hunting are exceptional. I'm 40 miles from a quiet weekend in the woods. Only 10 miles from my rod and gun club.'

I've lived in New Orleans and have traveled extensively in the US. I can't think of a better place to live than WNY. Yes, I wish it was quicker (but not necessarily easier) to get a cc permit. But I wouldn't move just to own a gun. There is so much more to enjoy in life.

I hope you find as much contentment wherever you have gone as I have in WNY. Good luck on the move.

8. Thanks. I'm very happy where I moved to and not afraid to comment on these liberals as I live elsewhere now. Liberals like SCOPE who are a front for the Democratic party to make you think they support the second amendment by supporting people like Boller, Fowler and Hochul. All are Liberals or in the case of Boller a RINO at best.

So you've lived in WNY your whole life? Let me guess...you work for the Government and your children do also?? That's the largest employer in my former home state. Thank God I don't have to deal with the people at the erie county pistol permit office anymore. In fact, I don't have to deal with anyone from any govermnent when it comes to buying a pistol because no permit is required! We have real low crime here also and better weather, lower taxes and yes even good schools. Good luck. You're going to need it once Cuomo takes over.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345