NY pistol permit DENIED!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NY pistol permit DENIED!!!

1. Thanks for everyone's opinion. As much as I'd like to fight this I've decided to put my money into something more promising.

NY has already gotten a few hundred from me for the apps and I'll be damned if I pay some lawyer $1500 to file the article 78 for me, just to have it denied again.....then my options are to take it to a supreme court which would cost around 5 grand from what I've been told.

I'm sick of the squeeze every dollar out of you mentality that NY has, taxes are though the roof and as a resident of this state your only option is to pay a good amount of cash while the high and mighty courts decided if you've paid enough for them to grant you privileges to your rights.

Boy have I learned from my past mistakes....and my biggest one is living here for this long!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    Good for you! You "voted with your feet". NY is hopeless and even when the McDonald case is won, I don't see it making any difference in the state of NY because "technically" NY is a may-issue state and they know how wiggle around the "may-issue" when denying your 2nd amendment rights.
    If the Chicago case is won, the way I read it, you won't have to worry. You'll be able to carry period..open or conceaLed.

Am I missing something here/ Isn't that what this case is about? The ability of a resident in a city, not a Federal Enclave like Washington,DC, to own a handgun and carry it?

4. Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    If the Chicago case is won, the way I read it, you won't have to worry. You'll be able to carry period..open or conceaLed.

Am I missing something here/ Isn't that what this case is about? The ability of a resident in a city, not a Federal Enclave like Washington,DC, to own a handgun and carry it?
    The problem with DC was that the federal gov't can't impose a ban due to the individual right to bear arms.Nothing was said about a state or local municipality.Even with Heller no ease of gun control.Heller only gave momentum to sue cities which some have settled out of court.Chicago has won every appeal but the landmark Heller case has influenced other municipalities to ease the application process due to other states becoming shall issue.It takes millions of dollars to fight the good fight.Obama may have helped push the public to support gun rights now that they see how Chicago and DC handgun bans have done nothing to stop gun violence.

5. Quote Originally Posted by firstnonly View Post
    Thanks for everyone's opinion. As much as I'd like to fight this I've decided to put my money into something more promising.

NY has already gotten a few hundred from me for the apps and I'll be damned if I pay some lawyer $1500 to file the article 78 for me, just to have it denied again.....then my options are to take it to a supreme court which would cost around 5 grand from what I've been told.

I'm sick of the squeeze every dollar out of you mentality that NY has, taxes are though the roof and as a resident of this state your only option is to pay a good amount of cash while the high and mighty courts decided if you've paid enough for them to grant you privileges to your rights.

Boy have I learned from my past mistakes....and my biggest one is living here for this long!!!
    With the counties in NY that have judges decide if you get a permit.One word of advice be sure that you are very polite to the people in the pistol clerks office.Also when you apply every law enforcement agency in the county is notified so if you were ever involved in a police matter that does come up.This is how the investigation is done in the upstate counties and the judge uses that against you.If you stir sh%# up forget about getting a handgun permit.The first part of getting approved is show that you're of a good moral character.An arrest might get a denial but if you have an attorney that could be very easily cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post

Chicago has a total ban on possession of a handgun and I believe McDonald is trying to win the right to Possess, not Carry.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    Chicago has a total ban on possession of a handgun and I believe McDonald is trying to win the right to Possess, not Carry.
    My point is this:

The Supreme Court may make all this stuff a moot point by just finally declaring the 2nd Amendment to br law as it reads....the right to KEEP and BEAR arms shall NOT be infringed. You have a toofer here..you should be able to KEEP and BEAR a gun. This B.S. about you can own one but can't carry it is an abomination of our rights. How this got split up is beyond me.

8. Yes i have the situation happen to just on april 5th for the same exact reason i will be filing a article 78 and if i have to go to u.s supreme court i will sick of everybody else getting a permit but you and i those judges violated our 2nd amendment rights ans host of others i can't say right now i'm very upset i've done everything took the nra gun saftey course either give me the permit or i will be also filing a class action law suit against that judge then we will see who has the last laugh

Quote Originally Posted by kingaaron695 View Post
    Yes i have the situation happen to just on april 5th for the same exact reason i will be filing a article 78 and if i have to go to u.s supreme court i will sick of everybody else getting a permit but you and i those judges violated our 2nd amendment rights ans host of others i can't say right now i'm very upset i've done everything took the nra gun saftey course either give me the permit or i will be also filing a class action law suit against that judge then we will see who has the last laugh
    What reason did you get for the denial?

Firstnonly, I found this Information That might help or, At least shed some light.

The various licenses are Granted or, Denied by a" Licensing Officer"of the Jurisdiction where the Applicant Lives or Works.

"Licenses are Discretionary,In the same sense that the Licensing Officer may make Subjective Judgements Concerning an Applicant's General Fitness.This Discretion is Limited, as Licensing Decisions are supposed to be based upon Fair and, Reasonable
    Standards Which must be Adhered to Consistently.While Genuine Judgement calls may be made by the Licensing Officer,An Applicant is Entitled to know, What the Requirements are and, What it takes to Fulfill Them..

After doing much Research on this,It basically Means that, The Licensing Officer can Deny you for the reason of;
    "NOT OF GOOD MORAL CHARACTER"
    It is the easy way out for the Licensing Officer.I find this to be bull and, By no way am I referring to you. Just trying to give you some more Information. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by trophyhunter; 06-08-2011 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
    NRA,NYCCW,PALTCF,FLCCW,ARCCW,DCM,NYSRPA,SCOPE

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    This is aweful. New york is such a horrible, corrupt nation.
    That statement couldn't be farther from the truth. Perhaps that comment fits NYC but upstate NY is much different. Once granted the permit there are no laws against carrying in a bar, restaurant, church, hospital, bank, municipal property, couthouse, police station, public transportation, etc. The license is good for life and no renewals are required. No limit on number of handguns that can be purchased.

I recently read a post on USA Carry about these restrictions as law in places like Michigan, the Carolinas and Georgia (public transportation). How many "gun-friendly" states require permit renewals?

NY has it's problems. It doesn't allow reciprocity with other states and the issue of the permit is discretionary. But given a case of discon and the circumstances surounding it, any state may deny the permit, not just NY. It depends on the nature of the charges. Was it a plea to a lower charge? Did it involve an order of protections? Was it rooted in domestic violence?

In providing permit services to over 1,700 people in NY, I've had only one denial; a convited felon. Our students are routinely issued an unrestricted carry permit right out of the gate by following my direction. Many of those students are contributers to USA Carry and could confirm this. I'll pass some assistance along to the OP through a PM and see if we can't get him through this.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast