NY pistol permit DENIED!!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NY pistol permit DENIED!!!

1. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I have a number of students from Nassau County who have received unrestricted permits.

Nogods provided caselaw to the contrary. I think most people just give up when this happens. Using what nogods provided I believe one could successfully fight the new restrictions.
    This is very hard to believe,Nassau County on purchase documents has no box for unrestricted.It has Business ,Retired PO,Target.No full carry or unrestricted.I have friends who have Nassau County pistol licenses and none were able to get a full carry.Business is still a restricted license.If you know a way for unrestricted in Nassau County please share that info.I sure hope thats true,it would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    This is very hard to believe,Nassau County on purchase documents has no box for unrestricted.It has Business ,Retired PO,Target.No full carry or unrestricted.I have friends who have Nassau County pistol licenses and none were able to get a full carry.Business is still a restricted license.If you know a way for unrestricted in Nassau County please share that info.I sure hope thats true,it would be a good thing.
    Each student followed exactly the same procedure. First, they already had a license for a lengthy period. They took NRA personal protection inside the home and NRA personal protection outside the home. All three then became NRA certified pistol instructors and filed an amendment to their license. Their reasoning was that there was no pattern of time or place that they would be carrying. Teaching could bring them to any number of sporting goods stores, clubs, ranges private homes and/or lands. Their appeal for lifting restrictions reasoned that their advanced training made them safer than the average permit holder and that they had no intent to carry a gun on a regular or daily basis. All three were granted. They all had the same judge. If I remember correctly the permit just didn't list anything for restrictions. Essentially a blank permit. I'll call one of them for you and ask exactly what is on his permit.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

4. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Each student followed exactly the same procedure. First, they already had a license for a lengthy period. They took NRA personal protection inside the home and NRA personal protection outside the home. All three then became NRA certified pistol instructors and filed an amendment to their license. Their reasoning was that there was no pattern of time or place that they would be carrying. Teaching could bring them to any number of sporting goods stores, clubs, ranges private homes and/or lands. Their appeal for lifting restrictions reasoned that their advanced training made them safer than the average permit holder and that they had no intent to carry a gun on a regular or daily basis. All three were granted. They all had the same judge. If I remember correctly the permit just didn't list anything for restrictions. Essentially a blank permit. I'll call one of them for you and ask exactly what is on his permit.
    These guys are not issued a Nassau County license (NO JUDGE) look at the NYPL NYC,Nassau,Suffolk County have licensing officers .I know you said Nassau gives unrestricted and that is not true.I believe you have an upstate county in mind.In fact many counties upstate issue full carry when you have a license for a few years.

The licensing officer is usually a county supreme court judge but the county can choose thier own licensing officer. Anyone can be anti-gun, even the police. Just look at the position the Fraternal Order of Police takes on gun ownership. Curious, who signed your permit? Was it a judge or other person such as a police commissioner?

I called the student. He lives in Nassau County. His permit doesn't list any restrictions. He says that area is blank. What does that mean? Was it a mistake by the county or does that indicate he has no restrictions? He assumes it means no restrictions.

Question - if the permit is checked for business you can't go sport shooting?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

6. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    The licensing officer is usually a county supreme court judge but the county can choose thier own licensing officer. Anyone can be anti-gun, even the police. Just look at the position the Fraternal Order of Police takes on gun ownership. Curious, who signed your permit? Was it a judge or other person such as a police commissioner?

I called the student. He lives in Nassau County. His permit doesn't list any restrictions. He says that area is blank. What does that mean? Was it a mistake by the county or does that indicate he has no restrictions? He assumes it means no restrictions.

Question - if the permit is checked for business you can't go sport shooting?
    Nassau does not issue a full carry,must be a LEO. A business license is a restricted license in nature.Nassau county is a paper license with a stamp on the upper right side which is either To and from Range Only,Business,Retired LEO.All Nassau county pistol license holders are restricted unless LEO.Sorry but you have misinformed us again.If you are a NRA instructor you know that Nassau does not issue a full carry.

I have known poeple who have applied for and been denied their permits based on, Interviews with their Neighbors And,people in their Community. In my town the Investigating Officer will talk to all your Neighbors that border you. And,I think that is Unfair. Who gets along with all their Neighbors... So maybe he was denied based on what someone or an few people within his Community Said Nothing I read in our Penal Law (NYS) makes much sense. Much of the laws governing Pistol Permits needs more clear definitions. They left more open ended statements And I, believe this is so they can add their own meaning to suit their (NYS) Ajenda Another way to screw Citizens.

First as has been mentioned before ALL NYS permits with the exception of the 5 Burroughs are full carry. A county may impose restrictions BUT they are administrative and carry no weight of law. So if when carrying your restricted permit you are dining at The Olive Garden you will not face any criminal charges but in all likelihood lose your permit.

A Friend has an unrestricted permit in Nassau. He is a Snap On dealer with a father an ex Nassau County cop and his mother was very political. Mmmmn.

9. Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    First as has been mentioned before ALL NYS permits with the exception of the 5 Burroughs are full carry. A county may impose restrictions BUT they are administrative and carry no weight of law. So if when carrying your restricted permit you are dining at The Olive Garden you will not face any criminal charges but in all likelihood lose your permit.

A Friend has an unrestricted permit in Nassau. He is a Snap On dealer with a father an ex Nassau County cop and his mother was very political. Mmmmn.
    A very popular celebrity that has a Nassau license has the stamp across the top right To and from range only.A business license is not a full carry license.Nassau is very strict and puts the stamp on every license.I have seen Nassau purchase documents and no box to check unrestricted or full carry?.I have seen my friends Nassau license when he was up for renewal.They send it to you and you have to take a new photo and the top right corner is not stamped .That gets stamped when you go back to NCPD HQ to renew the license for 5 years. The right corner is typed carry.The stamp is the restriction set by Nassau county.Every NY license is carry, however,restrictions are placed on almost every NY license.

Yeah the McDonald / Heller decisions I believe have language that the states can impose "reasonable restrictions" or firearms ownership. A main reason behind the intent there is so that states can still pass laws that state convicted violent felons can't own firearms. You know that reasonable clause will be pushed to the Limit by NY, DC, CA, NJ, MD, MA, IL, HI. So the follow on court challenges aren't done yet.

I'm curious how this will impact the "vote with your feet". Most applications I've seen have some sort of "Have you been denied a Concealed Carry permit by any other state in the last x year". Does anybody have any experience how that follows you and what impact it has. So for example am I better off not applying to a state that stands a good chance at denying me because now I need to disclose that denial to other applications and it makes getting those a lot more difficult. I guess the best bet is to get the permits with the least restrictions first (go for Non resident shall issue like UT, ME, NH etc.) even before your own state if you live in a may issue state like CA, NY, MA

Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    Nassau does not issue a full carry,must be a LEO. A business license is a restricted license in nature.Nassau county is a paper license with a stamp on the upper right side which is either To and from Range Only,Business,Retired LEO.All Nassau county pistol license holders are restricted unless LEO.Sorry but you have misinformed us again.If you are a NRA instructor you know that Nassau does not issue a full carry.
    I have not misinformed you at all. What does no wording on permit restrictions designate? Everywhere else in the state it means no restrictions. I can only tell you what I've seen. And I've seen this permit first hand. It has no boxes checked and no wording on restrictions.

Now for the law... anyone in Nassau County can carry their gun. Article 400 of the NYS Penal Law does not specify this county as restricted only. Restrictions are imposed by a licensing officer of a county and there may exist county codes on gun carry. But these codes do not constitute crimes as defined by state law. They are merely code infractions or violations of a county code. Nassau County has not codified any special provision into Article 265. Article 400 does not define any crime. Article 265 "S265.20(3)" exempts from criminal charges, anyone carrying a gun in NYS with a permit issued under A400. You may have a permit suspended or revoked, depending on the circumstances, but you haven't committed a gun crime. You can't be charged at the misdemeanor of felony level.

Why would an NRA instructor be expected to know the Nassau County laws? To me this part off NYS can be classified with that other country called NYC. Lost to their own interpretation of the world. Your own residents have done this to you... inluding the likes of Carolyn McCarthy and the liberal non-thinking element that populates the area.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast