Any New Yorkers Have Any Ideas On NYC Permit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Any New Yorkers Have Any Ideas On NYC Permit

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Do you guys in NY just never have any pro 2A people running for office or what?

    Make a collaborative effort and get them elected. Can't sit and whine about it if your not willing to get out and change your legislators.


    now thats funny right there!!! The only thing more scarce than a NYC CCW license is a pro 2A NYC politician.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, Delaware County
    Posts
    451

    Talking Yeah, that'll be the day!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Do you guys in NY just never have any pro 2A people running for office or what?

    Make a collaborative effort and get them elected. Can't sit and whine about it if your not willing to get out and change your legislators.
    pro 2A politicians in NYC?? Will never ever ever happen. The gun owners in NYC are frightened sheep and they will never cross the all-mighty Bloomberg. Gun ownership in NYC is a PRIVILEGE not a right.

    You can't save a sinking ship and you can't get 400HP out of a hyundai elantra The only option is to MOOOVE!!

  4. #13
    I posted this thread hoping to find another New Yorker who maybe has had the same Idea.But most of the responces have not been helpful at all. to be more blunt( sarcastic.) Moving from my State is not an option at this time. I have an Unrestricted Pistol Permit in New York State. It was not hard to get but I just wanted any Info I could get on obtaining an Permit for New York City. Well,After about 15 Phones calls to different Departments within NYC Government I was able to get an Temporary CCW Application Yes It cost about $300.00 but, It is well worth it beiing that Im not an Resident of NYC They do under certain Circumstances Issue these Temp Permits I have to jump threw an few Loop holes but at least now when i go to NYC I will be able to protect myself and, Family I havent received final approval yet but, at this time they have all the required Info from me and, my Local Pistol Permit office Now just waiting on final approval biggest part was the dates of travel and where I would be staying in the city and once arriving there I had to report to Commisioners office At this time all looks good I will advise on final outcome. But, YES this can be done...............If any other New Yorkers want also to do the same thing PM me and I, will give you the correct phone numbers and who to call to save you the time and trouble of finding the right person to talk to. for those who honestly tried to help Thank You.......
    Last edited by trophyhunter; 05-04-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    I posted this thread hoping to find another New Yorker who maybe has had the same Idea.But most of the responces have not been helpful at all. to be more blunt( sarcastic.) Moving from my State is not an option at this time. I have an Unrestricted Pistol Permit in New York State. It was not hard to get but I just wanted any Info I could get on obtaining an Permit for New York City. Well,After about 15 Phones calls to different Departments within NYC Government I was able to get an Temporary CCW Application Yes It cost about $300.00 but, It is well worth it beiing that Im not an Resident of NYC They do under certain Circumstances Issue these Temp Permits I have to jump threw an few Loop holes but at least now when i go to NYC I will be able to protect myself and, Family I havent received final approval yet but, at this time they have all the required Info from me and, my Local Pistol Permit office Now just waiting on final approval biggest part was the dates of travel and where I would be staying in the city and once arriving there I had to report to Commisioners office At this time all looks good I will advise on final outcome. But, YES this can be done...............If any other New Yorkers want also to do the same thing PM me and I, will give you the correct phone numbers and who to call to save you the time and trouble of finding the right person to talk to. for those who honestly tried to help Thank You.......
    $300. buys you how much time with a pistol? Three hundred dollars could buy you a good stake in another firearm, or jewerly for your wife. You have to report to the principals office when you arrive? NYC, is not that bad, in most places. If you are that concerned about safety, perhaps hire a car service to take you from place to place. Might be a better use of your $300, as you have to travel around anyway. The mass transit system is huge, but learned quickly.
    When I visit NYC, I leave my firearms at home. If I plan on going to some not so nice places I take a sock, put a roll of nickles in it, and put in in my pocket. I don't even bother with OC.
    Instant, and legal blackjack. Five one dollar bills, in the back left pocket as throw down, and I am good. Don't dress like tourists.
    Act like you know where your going, don't make eye contact with street thugs, and you will be good.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, Delaware County
    Posts
    451

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    I posted this thread hoping to find another New Yorker who maybe has had the same Idea.But most of the responces have not been helpful at all. to be more blunt( sarcastic.) Moving from my State is not an option at this time. I have an Unrestricted Pistol Permit in New York State. It was not hard to get but I just wanted any Info I could get on obtaining an Permit for New York City. Well,After about 15 Phones calls to different Departments within NYC Government I was able to get an Temporary CCW Application Yes It cost about $300.00 but, It is well worth it beiing that Im not an Resident of NYC They do under certain Circumstances Issue these Temp Permits I have to jump threw an few Loop holes but at least now when i go to NYC I will be able to protect myself and, Family I havent received final approval yet but, at this time they have all the required Info from me and, my Local Pistol Permit office Now just waiting on final approval biggest part was the dates of travel and where I would be staying in the city and once arriving there I had to report to Commisioners office At this time all looks good I will advise on final outcome. But, YES this can be done...............If any other New Yorkers want also to do the same thing PM me and I, will give you the correct phone numbers and who to call to save you the time and trouble of finding the right person to talk to. for those who honestly tried to help Thank You.......
    Please please please let us know! A temporary CCW in a city that DO NOT issue CCWs unless it was for business. $300? For how long? It usually takes over 5 months to issue any type of permits. There are litteraly thousands of NY State residents who want to come into the city and see a show.

  7. Forget it.. I have an unrestricted NYS license also.. I work in the City.. I inquired if I can get an amendment they laughed at me. Told me I had to apply all over, fingerprints and all.. I can only get a business to conceal and I have to show "cash" deposits... I was told if I get caught with my firearm in the City or 5 booughs I will be arrested for illegal possession of a firearm... I thought NYC was part of NYS but only when they need funds I guess
    Visit www.pistolaccents.com for all your needs

  8. #17
    Thanks guys, I think I will take your advice and, save the $300.00 and go someplace more gun friendly for vacation. Your right why give those a_ _ holes any more of my hard earned money. thanks again, for waking me up to see NYC Government for what it is A BIG FAT JOKE!!!!!!

  9. You may apply for a special unrestricted carry permit.A radio talk show host Anthony Cumia of the Opie & Anthony show is an avid shooter and lives in Nassau and has a valid permit from that county.He was able to get that NYC permit but it does take some time.Bloomberg is loosening things a bit now because of the politics with law abiding citizens.It may be the DC handgun ban which was found unconstitutional and the present lawsuit with Chicago that has him worried now.

  10. You possess a conceal carry permit ,you know all the buildings you are not permitted to enter,so carry concealed;the thugs do.

  11. #20

    not true

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    You may apply for a special unrestricted carry permit.A radio talk show host Anthony Cumia of the Opie & Anthony show is an avid shooter and lives in Nassau and has a valid permit from that county.He was able to get that NYC permit but it does take some time.Bloomberg is loosening things a bit now because of the politics with law abiding citizens.It may be the DC handgun ban which was found unconstitutional and the present lawsuit with Chicago that has him worried now.
    theres no ccw for nyc unless you a celeb.theres no ccw in long island only target permits.they wannabe a ccw person so bad they lie to each other saying the can carry to and from the range in certain counties which is not true.lets recap no ccw for nyc and no ccw for long island.just a target permitt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. County by County Status
    By rheaj in forum New York Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 01:52 AM
  2. Utah Non Resident Permit Class by Rochester Personal Defense
    By RochPersDef in forum New York Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 11:17 AM
  3. NEW Concealed Weapons Permit Laws 1 Aug 2009
    By Onlinedad in forum North Dakota Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 03:34 PM
  4. U. gun policy: Student whose roommate has gun permit may ask for a reassignment
    By lukem in forum Utah Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:56 PM
  5. Investigative Report: Sheriff donors got gun permits
    By CA CCWInstructor in forum California Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 02:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast