NY here - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY here

saratoga county here

whats up guys. in the process of gettin my permit right now. going for fingerprinting, etc next week and also taking the training class later the same week. my buddy went for fingerprinting for teh same purpose last week and the sheriff told him about 2 months turn around time ( as long as they get the 4 profile evaluations filled out and back quick). so we'll see. i can't wait. pickin up a walther p-22 for the first gun on the permit. then either a glock 23 or 27.

3. Suffolk County, LI

Greetings. Have my permit for about 7 years. It took about 2 months to get it. Actually was a very easy and pleasant experience. Target restrictions stink though!

Welcome,from southeast Texas!
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

5. hello from long island

Hello, and Welcome to the site, from the SC, Shore
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Quote Originally Posted by Tenter View Post
    Greetings. Have my permit for about 7 years. It took about 2 months to get it. Actually was a very easy and pleasant experience. Target restrictions stink though!

Whats a target restriction?
    My Uncle lives in Westchester County & said every gun needs to be on the permit & when he buys a newone his permit must be updated before he can pick up the gun. Is that a Westchester thing or Statewide?

thats a state-wide thing. its called an ammendment to the permit. you must do it everytime you purchase a handgun used or b/n. takes about 10 days here in saratoga county

NY here

NY here.

I moved to Greene county in 2005, I lived in Putnam/Westchester before that. I obtained my NY permit in 1996 in Putnam, with restrictions for Target/hunting and more importantly business purposes. So I was always working! Upon moving to Greene all restrictions were removed. Also I have permits from: CT, NH, FL,MA,ME,PA.

See you around

John

NY also

Hi everyone,
    I've had mine since 1994 without restrictions. I'm in Steuben County. I had to wait a long time because of the shear number of applications at the time and the fact that the judge at the time wasn't to pro gun. So he took his sweet time. I'm not sure how long it takes in this county, on avg., now or even if the judge is approving them. Back then it was a "May Issue" county and if you put self defense as a reason on the application, it was denied.

My permit came today!!! finally. Took about 2.5 months for the whole process. and that was doin everything with no procrastination

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast