Microstamping legislation passes Assembly - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Microstamping legislation passes Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Yes send the links. I thought this microstamping was a dead issue, but then I read the winkpedia.
    California Microstamping Law Status - Calguns.net
    The NSSF reports: “Firearms microstamping, signed into law by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R-Calif.) in October 2007 and slated to take effect New Year’s Day (2010), is not in effect since the technology remains encumbered by patents.”
    The link provides a brief summary of where it now sits -- it's the law, but it can't be enforced.

As I said, it may never actually be a problem for gun owners because of requirements within the law. California does, however, have other problems because of the 'safe' list -- and in California police are allowed to buy and use 'unsafe' handguns -- that sounds scary to me. Why are police exempt from the benefits of a 'safe' list?

Now, about New York -- did they write their law so it won't have these problems being enforced. And, are the state jackboots exempt? If they're exempt, why? Shouldn't this wonderfully important process be made available to the police for their safety too?
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

3. How about revolvers?

Have the geniuses considered that criminals may go to revolvers? So then how will their microstamping work?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger 327 View Post
    Have the geniuses considered that criminals may go to revolvers? So then how will their microstamping work?
    Microstamping laws do what is intended. It provides another way to limit the choices of citizens while the politicians scream that these are 'reasonable'. They really don't care about crime or criminals beyond the fact that crime gives them a reason to increase government power.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger 327 View Post
    No need for wheel guns, they are hard to shoot when turned sideways. just file off the id on the firing pin, or replace the firing pin.

Microstamping in NY is not going to make a difference because criminals do not legally buy guns in NY State.

wolfhunter Guest
    Ice, the patent encumbrances will affect NY's micro-stamp bill just like CA. There was only one company dumb enough to develop the technology (encouraged by the Brady bunch), now that company is pushing for this type of legislation because no manufacturer is going to voluntarily incorporate that process into their firearms. Without Micro-stamping requirements, they don't have a market and would go under. IIRC, after the CA bill was signed, the gun manufacturers filed a motion dealing with the fact that this company is a monopoly, and the new law therefore subsidizes a monopoly.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Ice, the patent encumbrances will affect NY's micro-stamp bill just like CA. There was only one company dumb enough to develop the technology (encouraged by the Brady bunch), now that company is pushing for this type of legislation because no manufacturer is going to voluntarily incorporate that process into their firearms. Without Micro-stamping requirements, they don't have a market and would go under. IIRC, after the CA bill was signed, the gun manufacturers filed a motion dealing with the fact that this company is a monopoly, and the new law therefore subsidizes a monopoly.
    If the technology will not work, why waste the taxpayers money making a law over something that may or may not happen? The transporter from the TV show startrek comes to mind. Why not make a law, so Scotty can't beam up Capt. Kirk 500 years from now?
    These libtard lawmakers need to be voted out.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Ummm...So?

Maybe you need to reread my posts.

I asked if New York exempted its lackeys from the law.

California has exempted itself from its version the law, but there are still problems with implementation which mean it may never be enforced. If you'd like links ask.
    So, I'm a lackey huh? I've been an LEO in NYS for 18 years and you won't find a bigger 2nd ammendment supporter than myself. I know plenty of other officers that feel the same way. Please don't stereotype us anymore than we want the media to stereotype you as a gun owner.

Everyone needs to start flooding Sen Schneidermans office with opposition. He has sponsored this abortion and he chairs the codes committee which is where this bill currently sits. His contact info is 518-455-2041 and [email protected]. Make sure you have contacted YOUR state senator as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RottenII View Post
    So, I'm a lackey huh? I've been an LEO in NYS for 18 years and you won't find a bigger 2nd ammendment supporter than myself. I know plenty of other officers that feel the same way. Please don't stereotype us anymore than we want the media to stereotype you as a gun owner...
    I take it that means you and your fellow not-lackeys speak out over special privelege some are given due to their position?

I guess whether you believe some are 'more equal' or you believe the Constitution applies equally to all would provide me the information needed to define your 'lackeyhood' or lack thereof.

11. Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I take it that means you and your fellow not-lackeys speak out over special privelege some are given due to their position?

I guess whether you believe some are 'more equal' or you believe the Constitution applies equally to all would provide me the information needed to define your 'lackeyhood' or lack thereof.

This board has a wide array of people from various backgrounds and professions. The one thing we do have in common is our love of firearms and personal freedoms the 2nd amendment provides. While you are free to have an opinion on law enforcement etc, rather than throw some shots at any one group, I think it would be a much more constructive use of your time to devote to letter writing to your reps. voicing your opposition to these anti gun bills.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast