Microstamping legislation passes Assembly - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Microstamping legislation passes Assembly

I'm sure that a good gunsmith could fix this. Not that it's the right thing to do, but hey in the eyes of the government we are like criminals now anyway so..

Yea, I know.. Bad thoughts, bad thoughts...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

wolfhunter Guest
    A sixth grader with a small file could fix this in minutes.

I see a lot of folks writing about, and hear a lot of folks talking about, how we need to "vote the (bums | jerks | expletives | etc) out!"

Unfortunately, I don't think the problem is necessarily that pro-2A folks don't get out and vote, but rather that we are actually largely outnumbered by liberal citizens in the areas where anti-gun-owner laws proliferate.

In places where sheeple have amassed and are easily manipulated by the media and other such tools that those in power use against them, they actually SUPPORT these laws. We can be as angry as we want at our representatives who fail to represent US, but in the end, you have to ask the question - are they just truly representing the MAJORITY of their constituents?

In areas where the majority of the population that holds power (i.e. NYC in New York State) actually WANT these laws, you would expect their government representative to support these laws too. For Charles Shumer and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, the votes they depend on to stay in their powerful positions mostly come from NYC and Albany. This is even more true in the NYS Assembly where the VAST majority of the lawmakers represent voters in those cities. If it were not for the geographically-level representation of the NYS Senate, NYS would have anti-gun-owner laws even more restrictive than Washington DC did! If you walk the streets of those cities and speak to people about gun-owner-control and anti-gun-owner laws, you might find that they actually want more restrictions.

They don't want guns, they don't think they need guns, and they don't understand why ANYBODY would want or need guns. They don't CARE about the 2nd Amendment (or even their freedom for that matter). They only want to know what the government is going to DO for them. What is the government going to DO to stop these horrible gun-related deaths and crimes?

While true as it is that these people are mislead and tricked with fear mongering and false "data," they are in fact convinced that bogus measures such as microstamping would be a GOOD THING! It won't hurt THEM. It won't restrict THEM in any way.

IF we are successful in getting out in large numbers and replacing anti-gun-owner politicians with pro-2A ones, they will only be replaced on the next go-round when everyone is angry at the conservatives. It is a constant flip-flop of power that cannot be avoided. Getting out and voting is NOT ENOUGH!

Somehow, we need to EDUCATE people of the real facts. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to educate people about a a topic they care little about. Ultimately, we need to change the opinions of the people, not just "vote the bums out." If the people never know better, they'll just keep voting the bums right back in.

Any suggestions for ways to educate people? This probably needs to be a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rheaj View Post

IF we are successful in getting out in large numbers and replacing anti-gun-owner politicians with pro-2A ones, they will only be replaced on the next go-round when everyone is angry at the conservatives. It is a constant flip-flop of power that cannot be avoided. Getting out and voting is NOT ENOUGH!

Somehow, we need to EDUCATE people of the real facts. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to educate people about a a topic they care little about. Ultimately, we need to change the opinions of the people, not just "vote the bums out." If the people never know better, they'll just keep voting the bums right back in.

Any suggestions for ways to educate people? This probably needs to be a new thread.
    I agree with you other than no matter what less than half the people vote.
    1/3 of them are party hack Dems and 1/3 are party hack Repub.
    the 1/3 of non affiliated voters usually make the difference.
    New York had 29 parties at last count.
    About 50% of the voters are State Employees or family of.
    Bottom line if we (gun owners) don't to out proper due diligence and vote for the person our union or our Newspaper endorses, gun ownership in NY is short lived.

Micro Stamping like COBIS is not about Crime is ti about making owning a gun in NY very expensive and next to impossible.

Like a I said before. Do you really think GLOCK or Ruger or who ever is going to buy and install equipment so they can micro stamp the guns sold in NY.

I don't think so.

Hopefully this will die in the Senate. Organizations like SCOPE are working hard to make sure that it does.

handgonnetoter Guest
    This is the biggest bogus bunch of crap that has come down the pike since global warming. I have read two studies, by liberal minded colleges, that said they could not get micro stamping to work. I believe it is just a ploy, by the anti-gun crowd, to limit the sale of guns and ammo.

7. I'm a licensed carrier and a New York State resident. Most NY politicians are "Downstate" men and they are very urban and not at all gun oriented. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is an "Upstater" and her views are vastly different. We are literally two very distinctly different populations in one state. What I find interesting is that we New Yorkers have extensive borders with Pennsylvania and Vermont, both of which are very "gun friendly" Vermont being the most liberal gun state in the nation. There really doesn't seem to be any problem. I don't understand why New York can't "get with the program". If CCW is dangerous in NYS are we endangered by living as neighbors to Pennsylvania and Vermont?
    I don't think so. I'm not opposed to any legislation including microimprinting, that enables law enforcement to better protect us. What bothers me alot is when law enforcement becomes big brother and prevents me from participating in my own protection. If I am licensed to carry, and I can prove competence and safe handling, I should not be restricted in my ability to carry a tool that will protect me and those around me. In light of increase in global terror, and the fact that Downstate New York is the number one target, there should be more enlightened approaches to management of concealed carry by law abiding private citizens. No carry/very restricted carry is not the right approach any more. I would hope that Sen Gillibrand and the Association of Chiefs of Police in NYS would take the lead in this issue.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterson View Post
    I'm a licensed carrier and a New York State resident. Most NY politicians are "Downstate" men and they are very urban and not at all gun oriented. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is an "Upstater" and her views are vastly different. We are literally two very distinctly different populations in one state. What I find interesting is that we New Yorkers have extensive borders with Pennsylvania and Vermont, both of which are very "gun friendly" Vermont being the most liberal gun state in the nation. There really doesn't seem to be any problem. I don't understand why New York can't "get with the program". If CCW is dangerous in NYS are we endangered by living as neighbors to Pennsylvania and Vermont?
    I don't think so. I'm not opposed to any legislation including microimprinting, that enables law enforcement to better protect us. What bothers me alot is when law enforcement becomes big brother and prevents me from participating in my own protection. If I am licensed to carry, and I can prove competence and safe handling, I should not be restricted in my ability to carry a tool that will protect me and those around me. In light of increase in global terror, and the fact that Downstate New York is the number one target, there should be more enlightened approaches to management of concealed carry by law abiding private citizens. No carry/very restricted carry is not the right approach any more. I would hope that Sen Gillibrand and the Association of Chiefs of Police in NYS would take the lead in this issue.
    I agree with you that we gun owners should support technology that helps prevent crime, but the truth of the matter is that microstamping does not work worth a crap. I have read two studies from technical schools hired, by the state of California, to prove that it works - they could not make it work. They are trying to legislate guns by saying that they are just trying to prevent crime - the Brady Bunch does not give a damn weather or not you and I are more safe with out guns - they just want to take you gun. Crap technology is just another ploy for them to get the guns we own. Just my humble opinions and observations.

9. Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    I agree with you that we gun owners should support technology that helps prevent crime, but the truth of the matter is that microstamping does not work worth a crap. I have read two studies from technical schools hired, by the state of California, to prove that it works - they could not make it work. They are trying to legislate guns by saying that they are just trying to prevent crime - the Brady Bunch does not give a damn weather or not you and I are more safe with out guns - they just want to take you gun. Crap technology is just another ploy for them to get the guns we own. Just my humble opinions and observations.
    That pretty much sums it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Peterson View Post
    If CCW is dangerous in NYS are we endangered by living as neighbors to Pennsylvania and Vermont?
    I don't think so.
    Mayor Bloomy would disagree with you. In fact he continues to push for federal-level legislation (like closing the "gun show loop hole") that restricts gun ownership in our neighbor's state's because of the crime that it creates in NYC. If you ask Bloomy, nearly all gun-related crime that happens in NYC is the direct result of how "easy" it is to get a gun in PA and VT.

And, a lot of uneducated (in terms of gun facts) people are buying it!

If you haven;t already - read THIS. Be prepared with counter-arguments when you talk to gun-ignorant people about the topic.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234