Moving out of NY. Taking pistols with me questions. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving out of NY. Taking pistols with me questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Movingsoon View Post
    Please read the post over again. I was GRANTED a Hunting Target permit but I was DENIED a concealed carry permit on the grounds that self defence is NOT a reason for wanting a CC permit in Erie county.

I applied for the full, unrestricted permit and was granted a hunting target permit which is useless for home defence because I live in Buffalo and must have trigger locks on the pistols at all times when not in use.
    Sorry I didn't understand completely. I went through the same thing only I had my permit for14 years and tried to get full carry, sent a letter with what I consider to be justifiable grounds and all I got was an offer to add hiking to my permit for $5. So now I'm just a little better off then I was but still not happy! I live in friggin corn field county where the cows out number humans by far. Nice to know I'm trusted anywhere but in civilization.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Quote Originally Posted by Movingsoon View Post

Enclosed are your permit and a letter outlining some of your rights and responsibilities as a pistol permit holder.
    That describes NY in a nut shell, they "grant you" some of your rights .. What ever happened to "These truths to be self evident... Endowed by the creator", is our creator somehow NY State?? An elected official??

Quote Originally Posted by twogunwilly View Post
    all I got was an offer to add hiking to my permit for $5... live in friggin corn field county where the cows out number humans by far.
    Since you live in Corn field county.. I'd pay the $5 and wear hiking boots and a back pack everywhere I went.. Sounds like it's a "hike" to anywhere to me.. - Ah, if Life were so simple!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Safety Harbor, Florida since 2006 Waterloo, New York before 2006.
    I left New York four years ago. I wondered what to do with my guns and permit to carry. I thought about it for about ten seconds,put every weapon I owned in their cases, put them in my trunk. And now live happily in Sunny Florida. Oh, and I still have my N.Y. Permit.

Just for the record, getting a restricted permit in NY is NOT a denial. You are issued a permit, but the judge can add restrictions which is what happened in this case.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sights on Target View Post
    Just for the record, getting a restricted permit in NY is NOT a denial. You are issued a permit, but the judge can add restrictions which is what happened in this case.
    You're right. Getting a restricted permit in NY is not a denial, it's an outrage and an insult.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    You're right. Getting a restricted permit in NY is not a denial, it's an outrage and an insult.
    You've made my day with that one, "an outrage and an insult"! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    If you are asked about any denials, (I think NH does ask this question) it would probably still be wise to disclose that info on your NH permit application. In the interest of not seeming like you are trying to hide anything, a simple explanation (just as you have done so here) should do well to set the record straight. I think most issuing authorities in shall issue states know well enough that a denial in NY, NJ, MD, et al, does not mean that they are dealing with a trouble maker.
    Unless the appllcation process has changed over the past year (other than the price increase) in New Hampshire, they have a statement on it about listing any further details on the back of the application. I have heard some people say a denial is a denial, but I have also heard what utimmer stated as well. It's definitely an opportunity to explain the details of your situation. My New Hampshire permit is a non-resident permit. It took 4 months to get in 2009, but that was over a year ago when it only cost $20! I have heard that they are a bit more expedient these days...

It's a bit of work, but it is good to know that we have the right to move to a place and setting of our own choosing for a better life!

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Unless the appllcation process has changed over the past year (other than the price increase) in New Hampshire, they have a statement on it about listing any further details on the back of the application. I have heard some people say a denial is a denial, but I have also heard what utimmer stated as well. It's definitely an opportunity to explain the details of your situation. My New Hampshire permit is a non-resident permit. It took 4 months to get in 2009, but that was over a year ago when it only cost $20! I have heard that they are a bit more expedient these days...

It's a bit of work, but it is good to know that we have the right to move to a place and setting of our own choosing for a better life!
    wow...i looked right at the question on the application (linked above) and missed this part right above the actual denial question

If you answer Yes to any of the following questions, you must provide complete details on the reverse side of this form.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    They mean getting rid of your firearm, by selling or moving. Since the pistols are registered to the City or State of NY and listed on the permits. They want to know exactly where the pistol is located and where it is going. If you sell it or move it, they want to know and documentation proving it. This is the New York State law charging you.

Any person, other than a wholesale dealer, or gunsmith or dealer in
    firearms duly licensed pursuant to section 400.00, lawfully in
    possession of a firearm, who disposes of the same without first
    notifying in writing the licensing officer in the city of New York and
    counties of Nassau and Suffolk and elsewhere in the state the executive
    department, division of state police, Albany, is guilty of a class A
    misdemeanor.

The state/city of ny somehow considers any firearm you own, their property and they have in the past confiscated legally owned firearms.

From their own definitions:

NY PEN S 265.00 Definitions.

6. "Dispose of" means to dispose of, give, give away, lease-loan, keep
    for sale, offer, offer for sale, sell, transfer and otherwise dispose
    of.
    Does not seem to include "move away with" or "relocate". Transfer would be transferring ownership to another person.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123