Moving to Upstate NY - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to Upstate NY

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    Welcome to NY...Land of taxes. Before you bring your firearms into NY, check the regulations, but it is my understanding that you cannot posess a handgun in NY without having a permit. It can be hunting and target, or unrestricted...but you cannot "posess" a nahdgun in NY without it.
    You may have to find a FFL in Conn to hold them until you can legally bring them into NY.
    I'm not an expert nor a lawyer, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    Strip down your handguns. Bring the barrels slides and cylinders with you. Leave the Frames with family in CT or a friend.
    When you finally get your NY License you can the FFl to FFL the frames. Then take the FFL paper to the pistol office and you are good to go.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Welcome to the state that has the whole country spinning. Previous posts are correct, without a NYS permit, this state doesn't crae what states permit you hold, you are in possession of an illegal firearm. Sorry. Still working on my permit in schenectady county. I have my appointment with the judge on feb 28. Start to finish, 1 year and 235$.

You guys realize that the OP hasn't been to this site in 5 YEARS.....Don't you???

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    You guys realize that the OP hasn't been to this site in 5 YEARS.....Don't you???

That's some funny **** right there................

2Awarrior Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    Now THAT is some embarrassing *******

(I wonder how he made out...?)

Problem lies with the new guy..."jsiberians". He just needs to check the "posted on" date before he replies to another members thread. We will chalk it up to beginners error. I wasn't looking to embarrass anyone...Just prevent more needless comments to someone who probably will never be back to read them any how.

Quote Originally Posted by jsiberians View Post
    Better plan on buying a slingshot if you insist on moving to NY
    Hey dude, did you think to look at the OPs posted date.............one thing for sure he stood a better chance of getting it then than now
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12