Judge William Boller Erie County NY - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge William Boller Erie County NY

Erie county permit upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by basket440 View Post
    I got a source from you hes my dad! Hes the biggest gun owner and republican ever! If he saw this he would die! Seriously if he denied you a pistol permit you must have messed up really really bad! And if you say you don't you are hiding it, hes definitely not a liberal (no one in our house would even think of voting for one). And 3 out of the 4 of us took the pistol permit course. He is a life time member of the NRA and use to be chapter president of Safari Club International (or some other prestigious position it leaves me now). Please do your homework before you say such utter trash against out family's name it is not fair to us or to me who plans to run for public officer after a career in the military. Because I will be protecting your gun right the same rights I and my dad cherish. Thank you.
    I attempted an upgrade, was never in any kind of trouble. I am a family man with children....I was promptly DENIED. So I gueass that actions speak louder than words. I will be
    50yo. when my five years is up and I can try again. YES I said FIFTY..Please don't insult me and say I am hiding something...That is what the backround check is for. And the FBI checks when you buy a pistol..I am as harmless as they come!! This is very sad indeed!! I may not be a criminal but I sure feel like one now!
    A criminal can offer his family more protection than me!

Boller isn't handing out unrestricted permits. He is denying the vast majority of unrestricted request.

He was appointed to the bench, not elected. Not that it would make a big difference because judicial candidates aren't allowed to speak out on issues.

But he isn't about to start walking the talk because he wants to keep getting reappointed.

He has certainly sent me to a new low in my adult life...47 years old and can't be trusted with a pistol to protect my family. what a f'ng joke. Especially in todays dangerous surrondings. Reason not sufficient...What it more important than a mans family. I guess I'll just keep it locked in a safe with a trigger lock of coarse. Hell I might as well not even keep bullets around, I might hurt myself. I will stop before I say something I regret. I am at a loss for words.
    Last edited by titaniumman; 12-01-2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: calmer heads prevailed, my apologies

5. Quote Originally Posted by www315 View Post
    after five years from date of issuance, with showing proper cause
    If a person were to apply again before the five year mark would that be another instant denial? What if a person's situation were to change say at the three year mark? For example, a job that required carrying large sums of money or another situation for which unrestricted permits are issued. Would the fact that someone had already applied for an upgrade and was denied eliminate any chance at all until the five year mark or can "five years from the date of issuance" be looked at as a suggestion?

titaniumman if you don't mind, did you list any and all training and experience?

7. Quote Originally Posted by ruger10/22 View Post
    If a person were to apply again before the five year mark would that be another instant denial? What if a person's situation were to change say at the three year mark? For example, a job that required carrying large sums of money or another situation for which unrestricted permits are issued. Would the fact that someone had already applied for an upgrade and was denied eliminate any chance at all until the five year mark or can "five years from the date of issuance" be looked at as a suggestion?
    I assume that if employment changes you may be able to get the permit changed because the judge still would not have to give you an unrestricted permit he would just add business to the restrictions. I was told by the permit office that the 5yr thing was just the judge's policy, in other words, just because he feels like it. Unfortunately, he's appointed not elected.

Unfortunately a federal court decision earlier this year determined that denying an unrestricted CCW permit is not a violation of the second amendment. Any state can do it. The ruling, by a liberal judge, says that personal defense is not cause. Next step is the Supreme Court. In lower NY counties, convenience is considered just cause. The permits are routinely granted and some lower NY counties only provide unrestricted permits. There seems to be an undue liberal bias in certain areas of the state. Voters can change that.

When a restricted permit allows for carry during sporting activites, training, carrying $$, etc., it is just about unrestricted. No one is going to object when the gun is carried as the person can always be going to or coming from any sport or business activity. There is no minimum amount of money that must be carried to qualify.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    titaniumman if you don't mind, did you list any and all training and experience?
    I did, including training at RPD, to no avail. I shoot at a local range regularly also. I also called PP dept. and inquired if carrying to and from activities on the permit is allowed. The woman ABRUPTLY said no, what would make you think that?

10. Wink

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    I also called PP dept. and inquired if carrying to and from activities on the permit is allowed. The woman ABRUPTLY said no, what would make you think that?
    To say the very least, she is absolutely wrong. Sounds like she just wanted to end the conversation quickly and had no problem dispensing inaccurate advise. A restricted CC permit is still a CC permit. Isn't Erie county just wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger10/22 View Post
    To say the very least, she is absolutely wrong. Sounds like she just wanted to end the conversation quickly and had no problem dispensing inaccurate advise. A restricted CC permit is still a CC permit. Isn't Erie county just wonderful.
    How can this be verified....I thought CC was legal to and from, and was told that by my instructor from the NRA class, prior to getting my CCP. I was told that CC was preferred so the pistol was never out of your control during travel times!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast