Judge William Boller Erie County NY - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Judge William Boller Erie County NY

1. Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    I was told that CC was preferred so the pistol was never out of your control during travel times!
    I was told the same thing by the instructor who taught my pistol class as well as by several other whom believe to have a solid understanding of both handgun law and the administrative restrictions. I imagine others will chime in who agree that one may load, holster, conceal and proceed to their shooting activity. Other counties, however, may have other restrictions regarding the transportation of guns to the range.

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    How can this be verified....I thought CC was legal to and from, and was told that by my instructor from the NRA class, prior to getting my CCP. I was told that CC was preferred so the pistol was never out of your control during travel times!
    You were misinformed. Most instructors are not schooled in the NY penal Law.

You may carry loaded and concealed to and from acticities as long as you have been granted a permit to carry (rather than a premise permit). A licensing officer could place restrictions on the permit but as long as the permit doesn't state this it cannot be enforced. NYS PL 400 states that a permit to carry shall be valid throughout the state, other than NYC.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

CC is mandatory. No open carry in NYS unless hunting, etc.

I was thinking that once you have left your house, you immediately begin the task of target practice and are responsible for your pistol as well as the box of rounds at the least. The women to whom I spoke with was very clear...Not to and from...PERIOD! She then said thank you, and hung up.

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    I was thinking that once you have left your house, you immediately begin the task of target practice and are responsible for your pistol as well as the box of rounds at the least. The women to whom I spoke with was very clear...Not to and from...PERIOD! She then said thank you, and hung up.
    She's absolutely wrong. We teach the NYS penal law and there is no crime committed by carrying to and from. In fact the permit is for carry (LICENSE TO CARRY PISTOL IS HEREBY GRANTED).
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

7. Hello im from southern erie county yesterday dec~9th~2011 attended the 173$ annual wild game dinner for the wnychapter of sci first for hunters assciation it was packed gust speaker william boller, our new county clerk, and a pistol permit question anwser session . i personally met mr. boller shook his hand and asked him why did you give me a restricted hunting target licences? he smiled and said well this isnt the time or place but i will tell you this first of all you have a carry licence that i allow people with this restriction to carry loaded to and from concealed your place of activity. 2nd i dont put restrictions on any permit, i just sign them. so if you want your restrictions lifted you need to contact will fowler!! now for you fellas that are bashing this man for you restriction the facts are just as i said. he is good friends with one of my friends that hunt with each other if you have any questions just ask and dont listin to any clerk officials

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hello im from southern erie county yesterday dec~9th~2011 attended the 173$ annual wild game dinner for the wnychapter of sci first for hunters assciation it was packed gust speaker william boller, our new county clerk, and a pistol permit question anwser session . i personally met mr. boller shook his hand and asked him why did you give me a restricted hunting target licences? he smiled and said well this isnt the time or place but i will tell you this first of all you have a carry licence that i allow people with this restriction to carry loaded to and from concealed your place of activity. 2nd i dont put restrictions on any permit, i just sign them. so if you want your restrictions lifted you need to contact will fowler!! now for you fellas that are bashing this man for you restriction the facts are just as i said. he is good friends with one of my friends that hunt with each other if you have any questions just ask and dont listin to any clerk officials
    If what you sated is true, then Judge Boller should resign. It is his responsibility to make decisions about the restrictions and even who gets a permit. If he is going to delegate his responsibility to an appointed bureaucrat then the Judge should step down. That is the lamest excuse I've ever heard from a judge.

I guarantee you that the 4th Department Appellate Division would slap Judge Boller silly if anyone denied a permit brought an article 78 and it could prove that the Judge was letting Fowler make the decisions he is required to make.

Moreover, if what you stated is true then the 6-month rule comes into play. Erie county has long claimed that the 6-month decision requirement does not start until the application reaches the Judge's desk because the Judge is the "issuing officer." If in fact Fowler is making the decisions, then he is the de facto issuing officer, and the 6-month period starts running when the application is submitted to the pistol permit office.

So if what you posted is true, then Boller is indeed a tool. Maybe Boller's kid can ask his father if he really does let Fowler make the decisions he is supposed to be making.

9. Relax nogods, [email protected] got it all wrong. I was at the SCI wild game dinner and was walking with the new county clerk Chris Jacobs and the judge. I remember this young man approaching them asking why he had a permit with restrictions. While it is true he said this is not the place to talk about it, he did suggest that he contact Will Fowler's office to get the full cary application for reconsideration. AT NO TIME did he ever say he doesn't put restrictions on. I was there and the judge NEVER was asked anything about the issue of carrying back and forth from home & to the range. Like it or not the reality is that if any judge started issuing only full cary permits in Eire County, the Administrative Judge would pull that judge off within one week. One only needs to check the records. Judge Boller has upgraded more permits to full carry than any other judge in Erie County. No, not every one gets one but more do than ever before. The Judge makes the decision not Will Fowler, BUT all letters/applications for upgrade considerations or reconsiderations are to go through Will Fowler's office. That is the difference. Most Judges do not want the extra work that is involved with pistol permits. When he says he has had enough, not any judge I know currently on the bench will be as inclined to issue as many full carry as he is.

10. Yes sir, i would never print such a thing if it was not true!!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    he is good friends with one of my friends that hunt with each other if you have any questions just ask and dont listin to any clerk officials
    OK - Find out for us the following:

1. who is the "issuing officer" in Erie county, him (Judge Boller) or Will Fowler?

2. Whatever his answer, what law, regulation, or local resolution is he basing the answer upon?

Those are two very simple questions he should be able to answer instantly.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast