Judge William Boller Erie County NY - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Judge William Boller Erie County NY

I find the permit recommendation is made by the investigating department and the judge generally follows the recommendation.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

BC1 is 100% correct in his reply. There are a few different departments that influence the issuing of Pistol Permits.It's just not up to Judge Boller

The Judge might take into account the reports and even the recommendations of others, but he owns the final decision. Saying that "I just sign them" is disingenuous.

Nogods,

Judge M.William Boller is an Surpreme Court Judge, he is a very busy man. I will say with great Confidence, that he does not Investigate, or go through every single Pistol Permit Application.

Thats why your local police Dept./Sheriffs office does 90% of the Investigational work. Combine that with the Dept.of Mental Hygene, The New York State Police, and the FBI are all involved in the Pistol Permit Process.

This system was set up this way to avoid one person either approving, or denying your Pistol Permit. It's an Multi party decesion.

I agree that the Issuing Authority who ever that may be,should review every single Application Submitted. And I would like to believe that this is actually how the process is completed.

But if this task was left up to one person, the wait time for denials, or approvals would be way too long to estimate. Thats why there are several inputting factors.

I think what jon from hamburg meant to say, was that Judge M.William Boller does not Investigate every single application, though you are correct by saying he has the final say (yeah, or nay) he relies on the other Investigating Departments to give thier reccomendations.

Once all the parties involved agree, or disagree the judge will sign off on the Application.

You are only partially correct about the process.

The parties you mentioned are responsible for collecting information and in some cases making recommendations to the judge. But the judge is charged with making the decision. He doesn't need anyone's "agreement." Decisions charged to a Supreme Court judge are not made by consensus - they are made by the individual judge.

Imagine a judge who said "I don't make the sentencing decisions, I just sign them..." He'd be run off the bench by both the bar and the public.

If Judge Boller really said "I dont put restrictions on any permit, I just sign them" then he should ask that the duties be re-assigned to another judge who is willing to exercise the responsibility for making the decisions as well as owning up to them.

Wow, after reading through this whole thread, I am very glad of one thing......I don't live in NY! One shouldn't have to jump through that many damn hoops. What a circus!

Quote Originally Posted by 50SR9 View Post
    Wow, after reading through this whole thread, I am very glad of one thing......I don't live in NY! One shouldn't have to jump through that many damn hoops. What a circus!
    You said it.
    But alas, we have been conditioned to like it and appreciate all the crumbs that fall to us after we get it with no real understanding how freaking un-american the whole thing is.

9. My upgrade was denied by Judge Boller. Personal protection is not a legit reason according to Judge Boller. I live in Buffalo where people are robbed, shot etc on a daily basis. A very elderly retired cop was robbed on his front porch near my home by two armed thugs bent on a home invasion over the summer. The retired cop shot and killed the guy. He gets to carry a pistol, I don't.

My background and training includes eight years as an MP in the US Army during the 1980's which was noted on my application. Totally clean record on my part. Judge Boller denied my upgrade and told me to apply in 5 years. He may be a hunter and a shooter but he's no concealed carry advocate.

10. Sorry to hear that, and thanks for your service. Dont take the restriction personal. we that live in erie county all have this in common. self defence is a no go. wish you would have looked us up before you submited the form. you need to find a diff. approach. ask around. look into a forum called nyfirearms.com more info. then you will have a better understanding, goodluck.

11. Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Sorry to hear that, and thanks for your service. Dont take the restriction personal. we that live in erie county all have this in common. self defence is a no go. wish you would have looked us up before you submited the form. you need to find a diff. approach. ask around. look into a forum called nyfirearms.com more info. then you will have a better understanding, goodluck.
    I've been told that you have to make up BS excuses and word it just so to get Judge Boller to sign off on an unrestricted carry permit. I've actually had people suggest mutilple lies and phoney stories to list on the permit application in order to get approval from His Majesty, the judge. Sorry but I refuse to lie. I wasn't raised that way.

The best option for me and my family is to join the growing ranks of people leaving NY State. I should be out of here in a month or so.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast