cayuga county permit granted (sportsman)

Thread: cayuga county permit granted (sportsman)

1. cayuga county permit granted (sportsman)

i called yesterday to check on the status of my pistol permit application, i was informed that i was granted a "sportsman" license. it's better than nothing i guess, and i will be getting some "addititional training" in the next year or so, so i can try and get my 24/7 permit. hopefully we will get a "real" judge in there before then. i already perchased a ruger security six(6"), I should have the permit in hand by monday so i can go pic it up. i will give a full report once everything is in hand. goodnight all.

Quote Originally Posted by homebuilt View Post
    i called yesterday to check on the status of my pistol permit application, i was informed that i was granted a "sportsman" license. it's better than nothing i guess, and i will be getting some "addititional training" in the next year or so, so i can try and get my 24/7 permit. hopefully we will get a "real" judge in there before then. i already perchased a ruger security six(6"), I should have the permit in hand by monday so i can go pic it up. i will give a full report once everything is in hand. goodnight all.
    Bummer, I thought the Erie County was the only ones doing that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by homebuilt View Post
    Court precedent essentially makes the restriction meaningless. Precedent has stated that a license to carry is a license to carry as far as legal action is concerned. So if you have restriction such as "Target" on your license, you cannot be convicted of illegally carrying your pistol. If you are caught carrying and the judge finds out about it, he may cancel your license, but no criminal activity is involved.

5. ya i asked last time i was down there if they had any paperwork or a website that spelled out what the "restrictions" were. ex. if i could carry on me to/from hunting or if it had to be locked up? they told me they had no such thing and if i wanted to talk to the judge he "might" be able to explain the restrictions. what a joke. come the first part of summer i'll be looking into getting my "restrictions" removed just to be totally legal.