NYC Visit
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: NYC Visit

  1. #1

    NYC Visit

    I am pretty sure I know the answer (no), but I thought I would ask anyway. I am traveling through Maryland and New Jersey before spending a few days in NYC. I was thinking of bringing my revolver, but I suspect I have problems with NYC. I don't plan to carry the gun at all in states where I can't. It will be unloaded and kept in my bag at a relative's place there. I don't have a NYC license. Can I bring the unloaded gun into NYC, and keep it unloaded at the place or is that illegal? I will be driving across country, and I would like to bring my gun, but I don't think I can because of NYC.

    Thank you.

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, Delaware County
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    I am pretty sure I know the answer (no), but I thought I would ask anyway. I am traveling through Maryland and New Jersey before spending a few days in NYC. I was thinking of bringing my revolver, but I suspect I have problems with NYC. I don't plan to carry the gun at all in states where I can't. It will be unloaded and kept in my bag at a relative's place there. I don't have a NYC license. Can I bring the unloaded gun into NYC, and keep it unloaded at the place or is that illegal? I will be driving across country, and I would like to bring my gun, but I don't think I can because of NYC.

    Thank you.
    Saying the word "NYC" on this board is like using a dirty word! Unfortunately you will be arrested if you are in possession of a firearm without a nyc permit. Even though the pistol is in the trunk unloaded, you will still be charge. NYC do not even respect FOPA No travelling thru NYC NO NOTHING!! You can't even possess a Daisy BB gun

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    Saying the word "NYC" on this board is like using a dirty word! Unfortunately you will be arrested if you are in possession of a firearm without a nyc permit. Even though the pistol is in the trunk unloaded, you will still be charge. NYC do not even respect FOPA No travelling thru NYC NO NOTHING!! You can't even possess a Daisy BB gun
    That is what I thought, but just thought I would ask. Kind of ridiculous for me to travel across country unarmed because of a few days in NYC. Oh well, got to leave it at home.

  5. #4
    I WOULD say come to Boston instead. We have better food, sights, culture, and sports teams. But our gun laws suck just as bad.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    I WOULD say come to Boston instead. We have better food, sights, culture, and sports teams. But our gun laws suck just as bad.
    I was going to Boston, but my relative lives in NYC so got to go there. I will be in CT as well, but that doesn't help me at all.

    At least I will use the opportunity to get some work done on my Five-Seven. I couldn't bring that gun anyway due to its 20 round magazine capacity, and I wasn't going to buy a 10 rounder just for this trip. I will get night sights, and some other good work done on the FsN. I hoped I could bring my 442, but no way I am going to chance getting caught. Not legal, and won't even try it.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Иєш Лєяжşєşŧăŋ
    Posts
    1,084
    You also risk problems traveling through New Jersey, despite the Law. Don't risk it...it's not worth the potential grief.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    You also risk problems traveling through New Jersey, despite the Law. Don't risk it...it's not worth the potential grief.
    Not going to risk it. Gun is staying home. I drove West unarmed without a problem, and I should hopefully be able to do it again.

Similar Threads

  1. Do not fly out of NY AIRPORTS
    By risque1 in forum LEO Encounters
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 03:04 PM
  2. New guy from NYC
    By Ultra12 in forum New York Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 07:51 AM
  3. Carl Swensson gets a visit from Secret Service
    By festus in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 01:15 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 06:09 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 07:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast