What county should I apply for my concealed carry permit from? Monroe or Niagara?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: What county should I apply for my concealed carry permit from? Monroe or Niagara?

  1. What county should I apply for my concealed carry permit from? Monroe or Niagara?

    So, I rent an apartment in Monroe County and my driver's license says Niagara County, so I think I have a choice as to where to apply for my handgun permit. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for which county I should apply in. I've heard many horror stories about Eerie County, but not much about Monroe or Niagara. Thanks.

  2.   
  3. #2
    You must apply in the county i\that you reside in. Very probably one of the first questions you will be asked is "is the address on you liscense correct"

  4. You should also have your driving license updated with the correct address. In NC, you have 30 days to correct it.

    You could get away with it not correcting it, but it could also hold up your CC application.

  5. A couple of people i know in Monroe county received unrestricted permits within the last year. You won't get unrestricted from Niagara.

    JG

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    edge of freedom
    Posts
    424
    There's a nice county by county map here; Also info on the steps each county makes you take. More then likely they will go by whats on your drivers license. GL
    NY Firearms - New York Firearms Discussion Forum :: Gun Ownership, Laws, Politics & More
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by JG4660 View Post
    A couple of people i know in Monroe county received unrestricted permits within the last year. You won't get unrestricted from Niagara.

    JG
    I am curious why you say this.
    I got an unrestricted permit in Niagara County just last year. Did something change ?

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    So, I rent an apartment in Monroe County and my driver's license says Niagara County, so I think I have a choice as to where to apply for my handgun permit. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for which county I should apply in. I've heard many horror stories about Eerie County, but not much about Monroe or Niagara. Thanks.
    Sounds like you reside in Monroe County.

    Before you apply for a permit in Monroe County you should get the licensed corrected. If it shows and address at which you don't reside, that alone would be sufficient reason to deny you a permit.

    BTW - You have to report a change of address to the DMV within 10 days.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by guttercat2000 View Post
    I am curious why you say this.
    I got an unrestricted permit in Niagara County just last year. Did something change ?
    I think you won the lottery Guttercat. The people i know in Niagara all got target and hunting permits. Glad to hear you got yours though....congrats!!

    JG

  10. Hmmm. Interesting. Nowhere on my permit does it say "unrestricted" but it does say "full carry" , so I assume it is unrestricted. Is that a safe assumption ?

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by guttercat2000 View Post
    Hmmm. Interesting. Nowhere on my permit does it say "unrestricted" but it does say "full carry" , so I assume it is unrestricted. Is that a safe assumption ?
    I'd say that was a safe assumption, unless the issuing judge has some special meaning for that designation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 10 Commandments of Concealed Carry
    By HK4U in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 09:51 AM
  2. Constitutional Carry Wisconsin
    By hardballer in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 10:17 PM
  3. Arizona to allow concealed weapons without permit
    By rsdonb in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 07:18 PM
  4. North Carolina Concealed Gun Law In Spotlight
    By lukem in forum North Carolina Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 09:51 AM
  5. Penal codes that apply to CCW Issuance part1
    By spc in forum California Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2007, 11:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast