Delaying Tactic for Pistol Permits. Again.

Thread: Delaying Tactic for Pistol Permits. Again.

Delaying Tactic for Pistol Permits. Again.

4 people in the Office of Mental Health doing the background checks for pistol permits. 3 of them were laid off due to budget cuts, then the other one died. There are hundreds of backed up applications for Erie county alone.
    More on the story here
    Delaying Tactic for Pistol Permits. Intentional or not?

SCOPE says Senator Galivan is looking into it.
    Intentional or not? I say intentional.

When I received my permit a little over a week ago in Ulster County, the sheriff's department told me that what used to take 2-3 weeks is now taking at least 3 months to get the mental health checks back. They blamed budget cuts.

It's happening in every part of the state. NY is flat broke and there have been a lot of cuts. It's hurting more than pistol permits.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I was recently at the permit office, I noticed 3 filing cabnets for "awaiting mental check" and there was about 5 cabnets for "denials" and about 8 for "approved". I don't know how full they were. I am happy to have gotten mine. It makes me a lot more aware of the "laws" and keeping out of trouble. I would be very sad indeed to loose mine after having one....

Mental Health Expert is sorta like having two witnesses verify your X when both witnesses can't write XX. Who verified their stability?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Mental Health Expert is sorta like having two witnesses verify your X when both witnesses can't write XX. Who verified their stability?????????????
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

The issue with the mental health professionals was in Yates county. What the hell does it have to do with Erie county?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    The issue with the mental health professionals was in Yates county. What the hell does it have to do with Erie county?
    They seem to be having the same delay in Ulster (mental health checks). I thought it was the state mental health department. Does anyone have more info on this?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

10. This is all I've been able to find.

Pistol permits being delayed Local News Niagara Gazette