Dont buy Ammo from Walmart - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dont buy Ammo from Walmart

1. Let's not, ah, forget that, ah, there is a long rifle that, ah, shoots 9mm rounds. So assuming you have that cal for your pistol.....miss spys-o-lot at empire Walmart is in no place to assume anything. Last time I was at empire Walmart I had the same thing. They had some 9mm on sale and I asked for 3 boxes. The lady goes can I see your permit. Which I said you don't need a permit to buy ammo, only be over the age(handing her my Drivers Licence)she said not for this ammo, its only used in pistols. After about 10mins of schooling her she called a manager. Same run around so I said hang on one second....I left when to pharmacy got condoms. I said do I need to show you any proof to buy these too? I mean what if I'm a woman, sure can't use these. Apparently Walmart doesn't sure my sense of humor. But I got my ammo and no ccw licence was shown. I never went back there.

3. Quote Originally Posted by dojoman View Post
    Let's not, ah, forget that, ah, there is a long rifle that, ah, shoots 9mm rounds. So assuming you have that cal for your pistol.....miss spys-o-lot at empire Walmart is in no place to assume anything. Last time I was at empire Walmart I had the same thing. They had some 9mm on sale and I asked for 3 boxes. The lady goes can I see your permit. Which I said you don't need a permit to buy ammo, only be over the age(handing her my Drivers Licence)she said not for this ammo, its only used in pistols. After about 10mins of schooling her she called a manager. Same run around so I said hang on one second....I left when to pharmacy got condoms. I said do I need to show you any proof to buy these too? I mean what if I'm a woman, sure can't use these. Apparently Walmart doesn't sure my sense of humor. But I got my ammo and no ccw licence was shown. I never went back there.

HA HA . . . .I like that! Half the time the clerk doesn't know any better and the "its for a rifle" excuse works like a charm. Even with .40S&W! LOL

New York law says that you need a permit to buy a handgun or "handgun ammo". Most places won't make you show a permit for ammo because there is no such thing as "handgun ammo", but walmart doesn't care. I have been there while a guy was arguing with the cashier about it while on the phone with corporate complaining.

And in NY you have to have a carry permit to posses a handgun at all, so the argument that its not for carrying won't matter.

I will say that the time or two I have showed my permit for ammo they didn't record anything. They just checked to see that it was mine, and that was enough. Gander Mountain makes you show your permit before handling a handgun, but they don't record anything (this is fairly new procedure).

No, you don't need a permit to buy pistol ammo in NY state [not talking nyc]. That law was killed years ago.

NYC is on the different planet from the rest of New York. Move!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I'm only reporting this because of the Email I received from New York State Rifle & Pistol Association. maybe I received bad Intell????

Quote Originally Posted by jplate3 View Post
    HA HA . . . .I like that! Half the time the clerk doesn't know any better and the "its for a rifle" excuse works like a charm. Even with .40S&W! LOL
    I have a rifle that shoots .40S&W
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Trohpyhunter:

NYSRPA did alert people to the Walmart problem, but email does state that this is not NY state law. Read it again

10. I think its a NY thing

I read email wrong, I Apolojize for Mis-Leading Intell.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast