New Yorkers wake up!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Yorkers wake up!!

1. Thank you for the great education and references, this makes a lot more sense.

Appreciate it,
    Mr.B

I Sent an email and snail to my representative today in regards to Anti gun day

I used her website and sent the following:

I am a resident of ___(town/county/legislative district #___)_. I am writing to ask you to support the freedom of the citizens of New York State to own and use firearms. This is the most necessary tenet of a free state, and as a legal custodian of the state it is your responsibility to ensure this basic freedom of the people. Numerous inappropriate and misguided anti-gun bills are being considered in the New York State Legislature. If these and similar bills come to the Senate or Assembly floor, the legislature must vote against them thereby protecting the basic civil rights of the people and restoring the people’s faith in our government representatives.
    I expect you to vote against all anti-gun bills and to not sponsor or cosponsor any anti-gun legislation. Law abiding citizens who own firearms, those who lawfully manufacture firearms, those who lawfully distribute firearms, and firearms themselves (as well as ammunition) must not be subjected to further restrictions.
    Please respond to me to confirm you will oppose anti-gun legislation and support the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Sincerely,

Here is her reply

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX
    Thank you for your email regarding the very important issue of 2nd Amendment rights. I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and will not vote for any bills which limit the rights of gun owners. For to long sportsman, hunters, and collectors have been punished; it is time that we begin enforcing the current laws and increasing the punishments for those who break the law. I will NOT VOTE for any bill which infringes on your constitutional rights.

Sincerely,
    Jane L. Corwin
    NYS Assemblywoman
    142nd District

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ruger Lady View Post
    If gun owner's and hunters in New York State don't wake up there will be a knock at your door and the law will be asking for all you guns. If you don't believe me, check out this pdf file of 18 pages of proposed and signed into law, gun/hunting laws for this year!!! Some are good but most are BAD. Please start fighting for your right to keep and bear arms. New York law makers have already made it illegal for us to defend ourselves using less lethal means like pepper spray and tasers. All we have left is firearms and if were not careful, we're going to lose that too. Then we might as well wear a sign that says "victim here".

http://www.nysrpa.org/nysrpa-lr.pdf
    You are so right..we have to wake up. The first place is at the ballot box. Don't forget November 2010. Time to get the liberal, bleeding heart democrats who are trying to erode the second amendment and elect those true americans who will uphold and defend the second amendment. Wake up before it is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanito View Post
    Don't forget November 2010.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Make sure you get out there to the primaries. Make sure you are putting up a true Constitutionally minded candidate. These mediocre progressive establishment RINOs that the RNC (or respective state committees) loves to endorse are often not much better than the Democrat alternative, and they certainly don't excite the base. More and more I am beginning to believe that the primaries are more important than the generals.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Stockton Springs Maine. Originally from Vinalhaven Maine
    Okay, words of wisdom. Here's what ya gotta do: Vote out all the of the @#%%$$****^^## politicians in New York and California that are responsible for this Gestapo bull**** legislation. Then elect people that will attempt to undo the damage caused by these morons. No matter how hard you try, if these people, or replacements with their philosophy, stay in office, or get elected to office, THESE words of wisdom will apply: "Hang on to your ass, your second amendment rights will self destruct in [fill in the blanks] months or years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12