Need Help Asap Permit Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help Asap Permit Question

1. Thanks to you and everybody for the support i have to meet with this judge on july 15 i will be sure to post right after i get out!!!!!

What is the point? If you can carry, as you say you can as a federal officer, just tell the judge you changed you mind. I would just call and tell his secretary I no longer wish to proced just drop it.

Well, at some point, mikesk is going to want to retire, and then he'll need his civilian permit to be able to carry. It is actually good that he is facing this now instead of later. Doing it now allows him to carry on his badge while he takes the time to fight for his civilian permit. If he didn't run into this resistance until he retired, he would be unarmed for however long it takes to fight it.

Mikesk, one question - do you work in the same county where you live? If you live in Rockland, but work in a neighboring county, you can pursue a permit in that county as well. A friend of mine lives in Orange County, but works as a peace officer in Ulster County. His Orange County permit has target/hunting restrictions on it (which are meaningless I know, but that's for another thread) and some LE friends in Ulster told him to transfer his permit to Ulster if Orange gives him a hard time about removing the restrictions. I askled how he could do that and was informed that you can pursue a permit either in the county you live in, or in the county you work in.

6. To 99sparks the point is our right to carry drop it no way after spending the money plus this judge is anti-gun if i drop it he won again and all federal leo's are covered under hr218 from congress to carry 24/7 in all 50! To rheaj i live in rockland work in orange maybe i will try that but the point of giving up and letting him win really burns me this is what happens when you allow the issuing authority to make their own rules and challenge our god given rights i contacted a couple of lawyers and they all told me to go ahead so the fight continues.

7. Well today is the day for this so called hearing that is crazy i have a lawyer and he can't understand this either well i will let you all know after 3:00 today wish me luck!!!1

Good luck mikesk!!

9. Went well now it is a waiting game i have to wait for a letter!!!!

Mikesk, I'm glad it went well but can you tell us what happen during the hearing? If you'd rather not, I understand.
    New York State Consolidated Laws, Civil Rights, Article 2-Bill of Rights, Section 4

S 4. Right to keep and bear arms. A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.

11. The whole thing was a unbelieveable my laywer put me on the stand and asked me basic questions i was made to feel like a criminal because i was asking for a pistol permit my right to bear arms then the judge started with me having anxiety and asked me to explain to him what it was. The thing that really made me mad was at one point he refered to me as the defendant and had to be corrected that really made me mad i mean i'm there for a bullsh## reason and then he say's that.So after all my credentials were presented and training he turn to me and say's he will render judgement and i should recieve a letter i was so mad i think i deserved a answer right then and there.Bottom line is we need to fix this problem in ny quick or this will happen in all areas of ny total joke in my eye's.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast