N.Y. Dad has his pistol license suspended because his childs School "Say's So". - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N.Y. Dad has his pistol license suspended because his childs School "Say's So".

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Sad to say, but coming from the People's Republic of New York, this doesn't surprise me at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    You mean people's republic of NY City.That's a entirely different world than NYS.
    The new laws enacted by the state now put us on par with many other states. The mag restriction was dropped from the new law this week. Ten-round mags will remain legal as before. Those carrying too many rounds are merely issued a violation ticket. So for handguns the only change to the law is that permits, which were previously good for life, must now be renewed every five years. Requirements that ammo sales must be recorded will not be implemented as no vehicle or reporting system exists to do so. No changes to CCW locations. No new restrictions. We can still carry in bars, restaurants, churches, public transportation, banks, hospitals, mental health facilities, doctors offices, parks, cars, etc. The only place off-limits is a public school. Only two or three counties require training or qualification before issueing a license. No city, village, town or county other than NYC may refuse to allow the carry of a concealed weapon by a CCW permit holder. Any CCW permit issued by the state is valid throughout the state, excepting NYC. Article 400 NYS PL provides that no judge may refuse a CCW permit without cause, such cause being criminal convictions, multiple arrests, child abuse, person-on-person crimes, protetion orders and the lack of moral character of such offenses. Adjudicated psychologial issues, where a judge referred you to mental health services), are also a red flag. A permit cannot be denied for reasons that are arbitrary and capricious such as the licensing officer's personal or political opinions or views.
    Regarding assault weapons the only significant change is that a the weapon must contain only one of a list of features where you previously could have two. You can still purchase a new AK or AR and will not be required to register it. No changes to caliber. Ten-round mags will still be available as before. Older assault weapons containing multiple features such as flash surpressors, telescopic stocks, hand-grips, etc. will have to be registered unless you remove one of the features (such as the hand-grip). If you do that their will be no registration requirement. Tactical shotguns have no changes. I have a Mossberg 590 modified with a supressor, heat shield, extended mag-tube, sightmark sights. It holds 9 rounds. in-tube and ten on the butstock. No issues with it which is stupid because it's more deadly in crazed shooter scenarios than an AR. imagine that shotgun in the hands of some lunatic school shooter? Just shows the ignorance of the anti-gun crowd.
    Democrat controlled states are all jumping on this issue. CT, CO and others are contemplating similar changes. As long as law-abiding citizens' guns wind-up in the hands of a perp, whether sold to him or stolen by him we're going to have a rough future.
    My question is, "where do all the illegal guns come from?" No one on either side of the issue seems to be able to answer that. All opinions/facts are welcomed as I'm trying to understand this part of the issue better. In my hometown every hoodrat has a heater. You can rent a handgun for $150 per night. How did we get to this point?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Even outside of NYC, New York's gun laws suck. Don't expect to see me going anywhere near that state anytime soon.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Even outside of NYC, New York's gun laws suck. Don't expect to see me going anywhere near that state anytime soon.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    I listed the basics of the new gun laws in NYS... in summary. I teach the penal law... and it's pretty accurate. Exactly what sucks about those laws? How are those laws different from the majority of states? We load-up and move about pretty-much unmolested. Remember, I said new mag restrictions have been dropped, you may carry in BARS, restaurants, churches, hospitals, banks, mental health facilities, doctor's offices, public municipal buildings, police stations, public transportation, etc. How many sates will allow that? So, specifically what do people believe is so bad... a lot of the new laws voted on January 15, 2013 can't and won't be implemented. The truth lies in the details. Factual and legal specifics that were overlooked by NYS legislators when they enacted laws they have no way to enforce.
    Many say they wouldn't be caught dead here. I guess I can understand that if one isn't raised here. But upstate is an absolutely beautiful, laid-back rural lifestyle. Good ole boys abound, far removed from the girly-men of NYC. The enormous salaries, top hospitals and colleges keep many people here. It's all in perpective. Remember, while muslims hate Jews they'll hire a Jewish heart surgeon in a second when that ticker fails. So, at what price do we sell-out on gun laws? Depends on the person. You can't retire on gun rights. And you also can't survive without them so it's a dilemma. I would personally leave tomorrow but I'm tied here by real-estate and winding-up my business affairs. Someday I too will leave. But not because of gun laws so much, rather because of property taxes on my home exceeding $1,200 per month. And that's low compared to some... my best friend pays $2,000 per month on a 7200 s.f. home. Also, we endure high fuel-oil heating costs, high gas taxes, high NYS sales and income tax, high workman's comp rates, high home and auto insurance prices. NYS has among the highest debt per capita (person) in the country. And of the course the state, like so many others, is broke and chock full of welfare and medicaid ($50 billion plus). You need to earn a lot of money to live well in NYS so the best reason to get out is to slow the pace down a little. I'm looking to the Western part of N.C. Perhaps 60-70 acres of secluded land with a post & beam house is my goal. Hopefully near some good trout fishing. And hopefully as far away from liberals as possible. But I am bummed to learn I can't carry my gun when stopping for a beer.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

What would happen if everybody just moved out of NY? They could have all the crazy gun laws they want.

6. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Something is amiss here. Under Article 400 of the state penal law that license may not be suspended. Article 400 lays out the reasons for which a suspension can occur and this isn't one of them. The judge is an anti-gun zealot who is rendering a decisions that is arbitrary and capricious. This will most definitely be overturned on an Article 78 proceeding.
    Yea cause the 2nd "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." has been honored so well over the years. As so many said way back when NO we will not give that up because you will never stop taking. Look where we are now from no gov involvement at all to now where they are involved in everything from manufacture/ importation to "approving" our purchase of each one. This little slight is of no surprise nor will it end here.

Quote Originally Posted by FNWylde View Post
    Now, will this incident follow the students into adulthood and prevent them from ever being able to hold a license?
    How about the PBJ bandit? (Kid who chewed his sandwich in a gun like shape and was expelled)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12