N.Y. Dad has his pistol license suspended because his childs School "Say's So".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N.Y. Dad has his pistol license suspended because his childs School "Say's So".

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Exclamation N.Y. Dad has his pistol license suspended because his childs School "Say's So".

A New York father has had his firearms all but confiscated after the Suffolk County Pistol License Bureau suspended his pistol license indefinitely over a perceived threat made by his 10-year-old son and two of his classmates at school.

John Mayer, of Commack, N.Y., told TheBlaze that the incident occurred on March 1. It was like any other day, the father explained. He put his son on the bus and sent him off to school.

Later that day, Mayer got a call from school officials at Pines Elementary School informing him that his 10-year-old son and two other students were talking about going to a boy’s house with a water gun, “paint gun” and a BB gun. There had reportedly been a school yard pushing incident the day before involving the boys, excluding Mayer’s son, and they were seemingly talking about getting even in some way.

Mayer told TheBlaze that a teacher overheard the students talking and informed the principal, who then immediately called police and filed a report. He said the principal told police something to the effect of, there’s a “kid with a gun, ready to go.” Mayer maintains that no serious death threats were made by the students. The Hauppauge Public School District has not returned several messages left by TheBlaze, therefore, it is not clear what they are claiming was said.

School officials then “interrogated” the boys, Mayer explained. It was later determined that the 10-year-old boys did not have access to a BB gun, paintball gun or any actual firearms.

N.Y. Dad?s Pistol License Suspended Over Something His 10-Year-Old Son Said ? and It Could Be 8 Years Before He Gets It Back | TheBlaze.com
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    A New York father has had his firearms all but confiscated after the Suffolk County Pistol License Bureau suspended his pistol license indefinitely over a perceived threat made by his 10-year-old son and two of his classmates at school.

John Mayer, of Commack, N.Y., told TheBlaze that the incident occurred on March 1. It was like any other day, the father explained. He put his son on the bus and sent him off to school.

Later that day, Mayer got a call from school officials at Pines Elementary School informing him that his 10-year-old son and two other students were talking about going to a boy’s house with a water gun, “paint gun” and a BB gun. There had reportedly been a school yard pushing incident the day before involving the boys, excluding Mayer’s son, and they were seemingly talking about getting even in some way.

Mayer told TheBlaze that a teacher overheard the students talking and informed the principal, who then immediately called police and filed a report. He said the principal told police something to the effect of, there’s a “kid with a gun, ready to go.” Mayer maintains that no serious death threats were made by the students. The Hauppauge Public School District has not returned several messages left by TheBlaze, therefore, it is not clear what they are claiming was said.

School officials then “interrogated” the boys, Mayer explained. It was later determined that the 10-year-old boys did not have access to a BB gun, paintball gun or any actual firearms.

N.Y. Dad?s Pistol License Suspended Over Something His 10-Year-Old Son Said ? and It Could Be 8 Years Before He Gets It Back | TheBlaze.com
    Fascism 101......Get at them while they are young.......That will teach the little brats parents!!
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

FNWylde Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Fascism 101......Get at them while they are young.......That will teach the little brats parents!!

Now, will this incident follow the students into adulthood and prevent them from ever being able to hold a license?

Quote Originally Posted by FNWylde View Post
    Now, will this incident follow the students into adulthood and prevent them from ever being able to hold a license?
    Under Obama's (and his fellow Minion's) LibTarded gun control plan, the answer would probably be "Yes".
    ~Outlaw~

Blog Entries
    Looks like it's time for dad to send a lawyer to school with his kid.

Something is amiss here. Under Article 400 of the state penal law that license may not be suspended. Article 400 lays out the reasons for which a suspension can occur and this isn't one of them. The judge is an anti-gun zealot who is rendering a decisions that is arbitrary and capricious. This will most definitely be overturned on an Article 78 proceeding.
    I took in a niece a few years back who had a lengthy criminal record for drug dealing, DV and assault. She had served time. She was on probation. She had nowhere to go. She had a six-year-old son who came with her. She was being beaten by her husband so I reluctantly agreed to let her move-in under specific terms. She would enroll in college which I would pay for, and must maintain a "C" average. She would not drink, do drugs or engage in any tumultuous behavior. We live secluded, don't drink or do drugs and she had no access to a car so it was like putting her in rehab. Terms of her probation required there be no firearms in the home. Her probation officer visited, spoke with me for a while and removed that probation requirement. There was no requirement that the guns be locked-up. The NYS Safe Act now requires this when there is a person unsuitable to be around firearms living in the location. In the two years she was here there were multiple violent altercations with her ex. She was snagged with drugs again in violation of her probation (got them on-campus). She came-up dirty on drug tests. She physically and emotionally abused her son while drunk. Eventually she attacked my wife in a drunken rage, where my wife dropped her ass. She was arrested again for assaulting my wife. She threatened suicide and was arrested again on a 941 (mental health - suicide threat). I finally booted her out after two years of patience. I really thought she could be saved. I offered to raise her son if her mother couldn't. She's once again a guest of the NYS prison system.
    Yet nobody bothered my guns. There were multiple arrests, violence, drugs, alcoholism and child abuse yet no probation or LEO ever asked about the guns. Child protective services investigated and cleared my wife and I, recommending we raise in the child under the foster parent program. The police officers offered their support and sympathy but never asked about a gun. Nothing. No one. Even the family court judge handling her case (who was also the judge who signed my permit) never brought it up.
    So what's happening here? I believe it's a judge who is over-stepping his boundries. This same thing happened in PA a few years back where a permit was revoked purely on heresay. I also believe he'll get his license back on the article-78 hearing as the ruling was arbitrary and capricious. But what this does show is the lengths an anti-gun judge will go to for his own agenda. BTW, Suffolk County is very close to NYC and is a liberal enclave. Alec baldwin lives there... need I say more.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

This is part of the reason why I've grown to despise teachers.

This is why I have grown to despise authority.

Sad to say, but coming from the People's Republic of New York, this doesn't surprise me at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

So tell me again that registration doesn't lead to confiscation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast