Do you load 8 rounds in the magazine, then chamber a round? Are you breaking the law? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do you load 8 rounds in the magazine, then chamber a round? Are you breaking the law?

Be aware of your surroundings, and it won't be an issue!

Quite frankly I could not care less where I live and what the law says. I legally purchased my firearm for the self defense of my family, my neighbors and myself; it has a mag that holds 20 rounds and I will fill it to the max. No one is going to convince me to lessen my defense capabilities based on the absolute crap being discussed on gun control---if it was good enough yesterday it is good enough today and having politicians feed off the carcasses of 20 dead children in Sandy Hook for their own political reasons is disgusting.

You do know that often when you fill a magazine, and leave it loaded for a long period of time it tends to weaken the spring. Also, if you decide to ignore the concealed carry laws of any state you loose your license, and guns. So no matter how strongly you feel about it, the law will win in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by docmath View Post
    You do know that often when you fill a magazine, and leave it loaded for a long period of time it tends to weaken the spring.
    That is an old wive's tale. The compression and rebounding are what weaken a spring not the steady compression.
    “If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time.” ~ Randy Pausch

You do know that often when you fill a magazine, and leave it loaded for a long period of time it tends to weaken the spring. Also, if you decide to ignore the concealed carry laws of any state you loose your license, and guns. So no matter how strongly you feel about it, the law will win in the end!
    The more you post the more evident it is you either do not own a firearm, or need some serious reeducation.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Quite frankly I could not care less where I live and what the law says. I legally purchased my firearm for the self defense of my family, my neighbors and myself; it has a mag that holds 20 rounds and I will fill it to the max. No one is going to convince me to lessen my defense capabilities based on the absolute crap being discussed on gun control---if it was good enough yesterday it is good enough today and having politicians feed off the carcasses of 20 dead children in Sandy Hook for their own political reasons is disgusting.
    OK....go ahead and give them yet another reason to take your permit away. That's like saying..."I don't like DWI laws...so I'll show them....I'll drink that whole bottle of Jack and load up the kids for a long drive...I'll show them!!!" Then you can tell the judge you did it because you thought the law was crap! See how far that gets you.

The State of NY is LOOKING FOR ANY WAY to revoke pistol permits, including setting up a clandestine unit to scour PRIVATE medical records for antidepressants and other meds. So, let's see....they're going to find 20 rounds in your mag and say..."Yeah, we see you don't like our law....so we're not going to prosecute you...'cause you're right'....you can keep your permit" That sounds reasonable...NOT!

Also, keep in mind that in NY State, you cannot "possess" a handgun without a permit. This means you cannot own it, keep it in your home, car or anywhere else...in fact, it is illegal for you to even touch it if it is not listed on your permit (gun store excepted). It is technically illegal to handle and/or shoot a gun owned by a friend because you don't have it listed on your pistol permit. So go ahead...make it easier for the POS Governor and his anti-gun minions to take your permit...and your guns away!

Blog Entries
    Utter bunk. What weakens springs (of any kind) is compressing and decompressing. You are better off to load it and leave it loaded.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

9. 7 rounds in mag, and keep 1 in chamber..

and i thought california had it rough with a 10 round limit, at least grandfathered law was honored so im able to keep my 17 round mag :|
    NY makes california look semi pro 2A :)

10. Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    OK....go ahead and give them yet another reason to take your permit away. That's like saying..."I don't like DWI laws...so I'll show them....I'll drink that whole bottle of Jack and load up the kids for a long drive...I'll show them!!!" Then you can tell the judge you did it because you thought the law was crap! See how far that gets you.

The State of NY is LOOKING FOR ANY WAY to revoke pistol permits, including setting up a clandestine unit to scour PRIVATE medical records for antidepressants and other meds. So, let's see....they're going to find 20 rounds in your mag and say..."Yeah, we see you don't like our law....so we're not going to prosecute you...'cause you're right'....you can keep your permit" That sounds reasonable...NOT!

Also, keep in mind that in NY State, you cannot "possess" a handgun without a permit. This means you cannot own it, keep it in your home, car or anywhere else...in fact, it is illegal for you to even touch it if it is not listed on your permit (gun store excepted). It is technically illegal to handle and/or shoot a gun owned by a friend because you don't have it listed on your pistol permit. So go ahead...make it easier for the POS Governor and his anti-gun minions to take your permit...and your guns away!
    You make a couple good points, but comparing it with dwi and putting lives at risk is not an equal comparison . Infringing on your constitutional rights is quite different. We are not ready to roll over so easily .Should we be sheep all the time

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post

So you are willing to be killed and be legal rather than be able to defend yourself and maybe survive. THAT my friend is what you have told me. Then again I live in SC where we are in the process of expanding our ability to have a firearm--legally. I guess living in the fascist state of NY will serve its citizens well when the garbage in the whitehouse is done with all of us.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast