County by County Status - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: County by County Status

I'm filling out an application as I write this post. I live in Cayuga County and going by the map above it looks like I have a good chance of getting the permit. Obviously, I want an unrestricted license.

Isn't is illegal to ask for your "race"? I mean, I don't really care, but it seems the liberals are being hypocritial here. But I guess that's nothing new.

The thing I have the most worry over it the dreaded "A License is required for the following reason:" I'm afraid that what I put down may "make it or break it" as far as no restrictions go. The following reasons I have come up with are this: Hunting,Personal Safety (Self Defense), Target Practice,Home Defense, and Possible Future Employment.

I have seen though on some websites that you should write "For all lawful purposes, I request an unrestricted license".

Should it be a combination of both/all of the above?
    Freedom isn't free.

I think I put "target practice and defense".

When I did an interview with the detective I had to be more descriptive. She told me it would be restricted, but I guess the judge didn't think so.

this was Jefferson county, BTW.

Yeah, I'm kind of at a stall here trying to decide what to put. I can't hand the application in until July 7th at the earliest, as they do not process them without an appointment, and they only make appointments Tues.-Thurs. I don't turn 21 until the 5th of July, that is why I have to wait. This whole application is crazy, money orders? No personal Checks? Notary Publics? Mandatory Safety Courses? Just let me use my 2nd ammendement right!
    Freedom isn't free.

R U in Auburn or county? SGT Lejia is very good to work with. You should be able to apply for full concealed carry. Leave that part blank until you go in. He will help you fill that part out. I had target, hunting, and a couple others checked he helped me fix for concealed carry.

Good Luck
    Harvey Proud to be American, NRA Endowment, NYS Rifle Pistol, US Army Ret

PALIN 2012

Actually, I'm in Union Springs. Yes, I have talked with Sgt. Lejia a couple of times and he seems helpful. One thing I forgot to ask is that in the instructions is says if you are asking for a concealed carry permit, a supplemental application will be provided for "concealed carry without limitations". Does anyone know what this application looks like? Harvey, did you get a unrestricted license?

Which part should I leave blank? The part where that says "A license is required for the following reason:"?

I just realized.... I think two people signed it in blue ink. It's dark blue though. How much does it matter if it's black or not? It emphasizes "BLACK INK ONLY" on the instructions. This sucks!
    Freedom isn't free.

When I applied in Dutchess COunty, one of my references used blue ink. They had me just go over it very carefully with black ink. It wasn't perfect, but it was good enough for them here.

8. Quote Originally Posted by rheaj View Post
    Here is the latest version of the map. I've tried to incorporate the suggestions I've received from various posters, although some of the comments were contradictory. I've tried to err on the side of caution and indicate the more restrictive color in those cases.
    [/URL]
    I have second hand information from good friends that just recently went through the permit process in both Tomkins and Seneca counties and in both cases they were may issue with restrictions. My friend in Seneca county went as far as to get a lawyer and go in front of th judge to get his restriction lifted but no dice. Still restricted and he's a great guy with no record whatsoever so seems like they are pretty strict there. Just some info to update the map.

Josh

Here is the latest version...

[email protected] yes I have a unrestricted. Part of the change came with the 2 Democrats elected in 06. The sheriff and the judge need to go. Way too many democrats were elected in 06 in this area. Of course 08 not good either. Hopefully 10 and 12 will correct the problems.

Work with Sgt Lejia he will guide you. I have much respect for him he struck me as a very straight shooter.

Good Luck
    Harvey Proud to be American, NRA Endowment, NYS Rifle Pistol, US Army Ret

PALIN 2012

Quote Originally Posted by harvey13118 View Post
    [email protected] yes I have a unrestricted. Part of the change came with the 2 Democrats elected in 06. The sheriff and the judge need to go. Way too many democrats were elected in 06 in this area. Of course 08 not good either. Hopefully 10 and 12 will correct the problems.

Work with Sgt Lejia he will guide you. I have much respect for him he struck me as a very straight shooter.

Good Luck
    You said to leave something blank so the Sgt. could help me fill it out. What was it? Was it the field titled "A License is required for the following reason"? The reason's I am thinking about putting down are:

Possible Future Employment
    Target Practice
    Hunting
    Personal Safety
    For ALL lawful purposes
    Home Defense

I was thinking maybe also putting "educational". You know, like teaching younger people about firearms, as that is what I strive to do. Too many youngsters are being taught that firearms are bad.
    Freedom isn't free.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast