New York laws - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New York laws

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter2384 View Post
    There is a great group of lawyers fighting for our rights in NYS.

The NYSafe act is being challenged, and the Sullivan act is being challenged.

Things may not happen over night but I am confident the citizens will get they're rights back.
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    But will it happen BEFORE their firearms are confiscated and destroyed.

No one is confiscating anything.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

4. I agree, nothing will be confiscated.

We will should have great news in about a month.

As far as I understand, this SAFE act made my target .22 Illegal due to the simple fact it has a thumbhole stock! Really? A thumbhole stock.... I know who Im voting for next election, and its not Cuomo!

Quote Originally Posted by srbecker View Post
    As far as I understand, this SAFE act made my target .22 Illegal due to the simple fact it has a thumbhole stock! Really? A thumbhole stock.... I know who Im voting for next election, and its not Cuomo!
    If you want to keep it you have to register it by January 15, 2014. And don't vote democrat ever!
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Actually illegal to register under the 2nd amendment and the Reid amendment to the health care law, not that is matters would not register guns or ammo anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Actually illegal to register under the 2nd amendment and the Reid amendment to the health care law, not that is matters would not register guns or ammo anyway.
    While I agree this is how the left turns us into criminals. If you don't register it and then get caught later, they'll treat you worse than the worst. He can always register it and then "lose" it.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    If you want to keep it you have to register it by January 15, 2014. And don't vote democrat ever!
    As was discussed recently by Max Tresmond, there is a conundrum created by the SAFE ACT regarding the registration requirements for "assault" weapons. The law requires that the affected weapons be registered....BUT... if you fail to register them, and I believe the ultimate "drop dead" date is April 15, 2013 (grace period?). Per the Haynes ruling, after that, it would be a violation of your 5th Amendment rights as registration would result in self-incrimination. He didn't advise (nor give legal advice on the radio) that you don't register under the SAFE ACT, but did state that if you didn't... Haynes would come into play.

I agree.....Don't EVER vote Democrat again!!! Just look at the poorest cities in the US...Detriot, Buffalo... all under Democrat rule since the 50's and 60's... and both states are bleeding jobs!

2Awarrior Guest
    The April 15 2014 deadline is not a grace period. That was always the deadline to register assault weapons.

NYSafe Act - Gun Owners | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

To my recollection, January was when the ammo background checks were supposed to kick in, and I believe restrictions on Internet sales.

2Awarrior Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter2384 View Post
    I agree, nothing will be confiscated.

We will should have great news in about a month.

Good grief, my brother - I wish I had your optimism, and I mean that.
    Confiscation is already taking place in NYC, and it is not something we should rule out.
    If I really believed we could trust ANY government - Democrat, Republican, Tea Party, whoever - then I'd share your outlook. But just take ANYONE - tea partiers, Rush, anybody - and put them in a position of political power, and they become the same type of elitists we're dealing with now.
    I wouldn't trust anybody with my freedom but me.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast