New York laws
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New York laws

New York laws

My sympathy to you folks who live in New York. Time to clean house in the senate and house and governor's mansion. Good luck.

New York State Police release "field guide" for confiscatory SAFE Act (VIDEO)
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

There are those of us that are fighting it tooth and nail.
    There is no Second Amendment in NY State.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

The laws here a challenging, that's certain. But we are doing our best to change them for the better. At least the gun owners are. The best thing that could happen would be for New York city to decide to pull out and leave the rest of us alone. But since the rest of the state is a tax source for the city, that won't happen. The next best thing would be for the voters to turn the fools out at election time. With nearly fifty percent of the voters in the sate coming out of NYC, that's a long shot. So I write letters and call my representatives, go to "town hall" type meetings, and whatever else I can do. A lot of us here are doing the same thing.

5. There is a great group of lawyers fighting for our rights in NYS.

The NYSafe act is being challenged, and the Sullivan act is being challenged.

Things may not happen over night but I am confident the citizens will get they're rights back.
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The NYSRPA(New York State Rifle & Pistol Assoc) New York State Rifle & Pistol Association site has updates on the legal fight being waged. We're keeping up the fight.

Additionally, there is a mobile app available to check on the candidates and their 2A positions which will help to see what their positions on gun rights are before casting your ballot.

Finally, there are more gun owners in NY than liberal Democratic voters who vote in every election....we can unseat the anti-gunners....but only if we ALL get out and VOTE!!!

7. You can conceal carry in nyc? Correct me if i am wrong.
    Also was there a time during 1900 after sullivan act where you could not own a gun in nyc?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    You can conceal carry in nyc? Correct me if i am wrong.
    Also was there a time during 1900 after sullivan act where you could not own a gun in nyc?
    Only the well connected like Howard Stern or Donald Trump get a Permit to Carry in NYC.
    All others have to register and license all guns. From a flint lock to a Shotgun.
    No one in the whole state is allowed to own a handgun unless they have paid the state for a license scheme that costs a bare minimum $300.00 in mileage parking fees license fees finger print fees and more. It really is kinda a fascist. If you have a AR-15 or similar semi-auto you must register it before Jan 15 2014 and when you die it must be surrendered to the state or sold out of state.
    Then also starting in January you have to undergo a State run version of a NIC check every single time you purchase ammo. The amount and calibers will be tracked in a data base so it is really a back door registration scheme.
    If your Doctor prescribes certain meds the State Police have methods of data mining that info from medical and prescription records the State can revoke you license to own a gun and the State Police Gun Squad will be knocking on your door.
    The Clown that pushed all this through at the behest of Bloomberg thinks the rest of the country will love him as President.
    He formed a commission to investigate the corrupt Legislature and keep them inline while he took Hurricane Sandy money meant for the damage and made commericals with his name and face on them saying NY is open for business. The ads ran in Blue States so he could get some brand recognition but it is not considered corruption but just good politics in NY
    January 11th at Noon all gun owners are being asked to fire of shot at NOON to protest the 1 year anniversary of this Progressive law.
    I will be shooting my M1 at some Tannerite. It is called the Shot heard round NY and it is starting in Concord NY.

Don't think you all in the other states are safe from this crap. With the anniversary of Sandy Hook the Progressive Liberal SOB's are once again dancing in the blood and on the bodies of those little children, pushing their agenda.

Progressives , Humph!
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    You can conceal carry in nyc? Correct me if i am wrong.
    Yes, as long as you jump for the permit. Permits to own are easy but carry permits require cause.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

While you need "cause", there is wide interpretation of what "cause" is between different counties. I'm in Erie County and you have to just about give up your first-born to get an unrestricted permit, but in other nearby counties, it's a lot easier and "cause" can be just about anything from what I've heard from people I talk to there.

You know why you folks in New York have the current gun laws...because the people you elect know you can't do a damned thing about it...except move out of the state. That is the only tool you have! Get smart and move and commute. Starve New York of their funding...you are their funding. They take your money and then they take your freedom. Are all of you guys chumps?

please don't be so naive as to think you can fight this in the courts. The deck is stacked against you. New York has all the money it needs to fight your lawsuits, it has all of your money. Time to pull your head out of the sand box boys.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast