3 month wait to apply?!

Thread: 3 month wait to apply?!

1. 3 month wait to apply?!

First, I'm in Onondaga County. I called today to make an appointment to turn in my pistol permit application and the next appointment they had was middle of March! Has anyone else recently made an appointment?? Is there anything I can do to get an earlier appointment? The 6 month wait after applying is already enough to drive you crazy but add another 3 months before I can even turn it in and I might think about moving right now!

You do live in an "anti" or "blue" state... comes with the territory. It is rediculous though especially if you compare to here in AL, where you turn in your application and wait three days and BAM!! you have a permit! Of course you have to pass the background check for approval.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    You do live in an "anti" or "blue" state... comes with the territory. It is rediculous though especially if you compare to here in AL, where you turn in your application and wait three days and BAM!! you have a permit! Of course you have to pass the background check for approval.
    Yeah, I'm hating this state more and more everyday. I don't understand why it has to be such an ordeal to get your pistol permit. The law abiding citizens are bent over just for following the law. Well I guess if there weren't such strict rules then we'd have gun toting thugs all over the streets......... oh wait, we do. Stupid blue state.

/rant

Sorry for the rant, just a little pissed right now. I was hoping to hand in my application next week and begin the 3-6 month wait.... add another 3 months to that I guess.

Same here, called today, got a mid March appointment. Sucks to live in Onondaga County, NY.

Must be tuff to live "behind the line". Perhaps you guys should try and defect to "Free America".
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Blog Entries
    That county is staunchly anti gun and anti CCW. There is a provision in NY law to apply in either the county you live in OR a county you work in. Either that or move. Or start electing pro gun judges
    Dave
    Founder,
    Rochester Personal Defense
    www.safeinrochester.com

In Saratoga/Schenectady Counties it takes atleast 3 months waiting from signing up to get into the Pistol Safety class you need before you can even turn in your paper work for bg check and approval process. Luckily i told them to put me on the "bump up" list if someone cancelled so i got in the feb instead of march class last year. had my permit by mid april after taking the Feb. class